ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Scout says

Yes. He said he loves Reeds college game but is not confident it can transfer to the NBA. He watched UK many times this year and each time, inefficiency on defense stood out to him when grading Reed. He mentioned that Reed is 20 years old and probably will not get quicker. He thinks he is a great college player and , instead of trying the NBA route this year, take advantage of his UK popularity and go the NIL route.
Pretty sure I know this scout. UK Law grad 1977, son-in-law of former UK great Dale Barnstable.

A good friend of mine has been a scout for the Miami Heat for about 20 years. Dwayne Wade was his first draft year. I ran into him today and we talked for quite a while with much of it centered around UK, Cal, potential draft status of our players and Coach Rupp stories. He played for Rupp, thus the Miami Heat connection. He mentioned Dillingham was going to go high in the draft although there was concern about his size. They think he will score and score a lot but the question is , can he stop anyone. He is high on Antonio Reeves but some of the others are not as confident as he is in Reeves. He doesn't agree with their position on Reeves.
He doesn't think we have another player that will be drafted high, this year. All of our guys are potentially good to great college players but, (at this time), doesn't see any of them making a roster. He emphasized that he could be wrong and that he has missed before. He also believes that we will have several guys try to make the jump. Just sharing.

Randy is a great dude, know him since I was a kid. And he is right way more often than he’s wrong. I remember him telling me Tyler Herro and Shai were going to be stars way before anyone knew that.

Yes. He said he loves Reeds college game but is not confident it can transfer to the NBA. He watched UK many times this year and each time, inefficiency on defense stood out to him when grading Reed. He mentioned that Reed is 20 years old and probably will not get quicker. He thinks he is a great college player and , instead of trying the NBA route this year, take advantage of his UK popularity and go the NIL route.

I know many posters will disagree with me but I really don't see Reed in the NBA at this point in time. He is a GREAT college player but the pros are on a different level. Anyone who wants can remind me that I said this in this future and I can eat crow then if I am wrong.

A good friend of mine has been a scout for the Miami Heat for about 20 years. Dwayne Wade was his first draft year. I ran into him today and we talked for quite a while with much of it centered around UK, Cal, potential draft status of our players and Coach Rupp stories. He played for Rupp, thus the Miami Heat connection. He mentioned Dillingham was going to go high in the draft although there was concern about his size. They think he will score and score a lot but the question is , can he stop anyone. He is high on Antonio Reeves but some of the others are not as confident as he is in Reeves. He doesn't agree with their position on Reeves.
He doesn't think we have another player that will be drafted high, this year. All of our guys are potentially good to great college players but, (at this time), doesn't see any of them making a roster. He emphasized that he could be wrong and that he has missed before. He also believes that we will have several guys try to make the jump. Just sharing.
Pretty cool for him to go from coach at Owensboro HS to a scout for the Heat. Pays to play alongside Pay Riley at UK!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT