ADVERTISEMENT

NBA GM Scratch Draft Round 11 BigC4517 expired, Catsfan3523 OTC

you may want to put one of your young post players in your starting five for rebounding and inside cleanup, as well as position defense (or clogging the lane). dirk and noel couldn't stop a cousins or okafor or towns imo. although i could see noel getting his share of blocks in on okafor in below the basket moves.

i see your good building blocks of wall, embiid, barnes, muhammed, porzingis, and a chance for a title year one and maybe year two. but there would be a transition when three of your starters retire. at least i don't see your front court as being so dominant that mohammed and barnes are enough to make up the loss of wade/anthony. anyway, possible two titles could be what makes this anyway. that would be pretty good in ten years and probably a winner. i just don't see you being the same level 5 years in.
Man, you got me thinking about the loss of 2g and SF and went with Outbre instead protecting my front count with Embiid an injury risk.

Reactions: hotelblue
I really, really like my team. Lol

Top 5 overall talent at pg in Chris Paul.

Borderline all-star backup for Paul in George Hill.

Future superstar with time to develop in D'Angelo Russell.

4 interchangeable wings who can be switched up for offense/defense and various looks. Hayward, Gallinari, Carroll, Aminu. They can all play 2-4 depending on the situation.

Hayward and Gallinari are both young enough and talented enough to build a team around. Carroll and Aminu are both glue guys who can guard multiple spots. Carroll can also shoot the lights out.

CJ McCollum is a 23 year old shooting guard who just had his breakout performance in the playoffs.

Andre Drummond is only 21 and already in the top handful of post presences in the league.

Tyson Chandler is a top 3 rim protector in the league. He's the most efficient offensive player in the league. Great mentor for Drummond as well.

Taj Gibson is literally a bull off the bench at the 4 spot. Vonleh is still in diapers with tremendous upside.

My team can win right now. They can beat you with offense or defense. And they are set for the future. Look at this lineup and their ages 5 years from now:

D'angelo Russell 24
CJ McCollum 28
Gordon Hayward 30
Noah Vonleh 24
Andre Drummond 26

I'll stop now, but I really, really like my team. :sunglasses:
you have a nice team also. hill i wanted but not bad enough i guess. that was a nice pick so here is your belated like

Reactions: Aike
My final pick had what can only be described as an atrocious rookie year. But he is also extremely young so I'm going to call it growing pains and bank on him living up to his hype.

With my final pick I'll throw a shrimp on the barbie and pick Dante Exum.

exum-spin_4754772_GIFSoup.com-1.gif

Since everyone else is doing it...my final squad:

PG -- Mike Conley, Marcus Smart
SG -- Kyle Korver, Arron Afflalo, Kevin Martin
SF -- Jabari Parker, Jeff Green, Justise Winslow
PF -- Serge Ibaka, Markieff Morris
C -- DeMarcus Cousins, Gorgui Dieng

Love (that word been overused much?) the balance my starting lineup can bring on both ends of the court. 3 sure-fire stars in Cousins, Parker, and Conley for years to come. One of the top-2 pure shooters in the game in Korver, as well as the best defender in the game at the 4-spot in Ibaka.

Smart showed great promise in his rookie season, so I look for him to build off of that momentum going forward.

Morris is a skilled big man who can play with his back to the basket or face you up. He can also hit from deep, creating some potential mismatches.

Kevin Martin can straight light it up, and I'll look for him to provide instant offense when he's in the game. He and Afflalo should provide for no drop off in scoring when they're out there.

Gorgui had as solid of production in his 2nd year as you could expect from a guy. He's a double-double waiting to happen who also has a knack for the defensive side of the game. I'd feel very comfortable putting him next to Boogie and letting Cousins slide to the 4 even.

Justise Winslow is the wildcard. Hoping he can be a Tony Allen/MKG-esque guy as most seem to be comparing him to. High motor, high basketball IQ guy who can rebound and has the handles to start the break allowing the bigs to leak down the court. Oh, and he could also be a lockdown defender. Any offense from him is a bonus.

Jeff Green is a very solid backup to Jabari. Still in his prime, brings some playoff experience and can play the 3 or 4. An athletic slasher who can run the floor, create mismatches, attack the rim and finish through contact.

"I like my team."

I like my team but wish I had stayed in at first so I could have picked 1-14 instead of 20th. But I had a lot of fun, would love if we did one with a cap and salaries.

Love (that word been overused much?) the balance my starting lineup can bring on both ends of the court. 3 sure-fire stars in Cousins, Parker, and Conley for years to come. One of the top-2 pure shooters in the game in Korver, as well as the best defender in the game at the 4-spot in Ibaka.

Smart showed great promise in his rookie season, so I look for him to build off of that momentum going forward.

Morris is a skilled big man who can play with his back to the basket or face you up. He can also hit from deep, creating some potential mismatches.

Kevin Martin can straight light it up, and I'll look for him to provide instant offense when he's in the game. He and Afflalo should provide for no drop off in scoring when they're out there.

Gorgui had as solid of production in his 2nd year as you could expect from a guy. He's a double-double waiting to happen who also has a knack for the defensive side of the game. I'd feel very comfortable putting him next to Boogie and letting Cousins slide to the 4 even.

Justise Winslow is the wildcard. Hoping he can be a Tony Allen/MKG-esque guy as most seem to be comparing him to. High motor, high basketball IQ guy who can rebound and has the handles to start the break allowing the bigs to leak down the court. Oh, and he could also be a lockdown defender. Any offense from him is a bonus.

Jeff Green is a very solid backup to Jabari. Still in his prime, brings some playoff experience and can play the 3 or 4. An athletic slasher who can run the floor, create mismatches, attack the rim and finish through contact.

"I like my team."

"I like my team."
i like your team fine. wasn't morris a sf?

It'll ultimately be left up to the coach to mix & match to get the best out of each squad but I love the way I can play against any lineup & how teams will have to adjust to my style of play-- up tempo. This team is the definition of being built to win now & 5 years down the road. We have players playing critical roles on their teams at young ages!

I've got depth at every position, players that have proved themselves in the NBA.
My players are all so versatile & can run out so many lineups. Overall, I have got a strong team in defense and offense efficiencies.

I want to highlight a few players --

Defense led by Leonard, Bledsoe, Payton on the perimeter with an improving 20 year 6'11 guard in the Greek Freak. My front court includes two young C's that are "bulls" with excellent work ethics. Rim protectors and aggressive are what I'm looking for & that can already provide that at age 21 & 22 respectively.

Kenneth Faried is the definition of my team. I need spark plugs, guys that give it their all every game. I put Faried in that category. He's came a long ways & while last yr doesn't necessarily show a lot has to do with the coaching staff in DEN. Faried proved to be one of the best with Team USA! Very underrated and fits the mold of my team very well

Motiejunas is the best post player on the Houston Rockets and quite possibly the entire NBA. The kid has moves thanks to the great Hakeem Olajuwon. At 7 foot another mismatch nightmare capable of knocking down the outside shot as well. In article written in MAR Motiejunas, among players who have scored on 100 post ups points he had the highest average at 1 point per possession. HE had scored 225 pts on post plays which was 13th in the NBA. A large number came from hook shots, 106 field goals in fact making him #1 in the NBA for hook shots. Keep in mind the guy is only 24 yrs old

The Alphabet and Payton are apart of my youth movement. The upside on these two are ridiculous. Reports are coming out that Payton has already improved his jump shot in the offseason. Simply from his defense mentality and IQ for the game, I'm certain in his first year Payton has proven that his future is bright in the NBA. At 6'11, the Alphabet is simply a freak & at age 20 he's still growing into that body! Kid has some skills & is one of my favorite players in the NBA. I suggest you check him out if you've never heard of him.

Adams and Len are two upcoming big man that have proven to be rim protectors and aggressors on the court. Adams has improved his offensive game tremendously from his time at Pitt. They can not only contribute now as shown this season but like the Alphabet & Payton have huge upside 3-5 years down the road!

Parsons/Gordon-- These two seem like vets with this group but they're actually entering their prime in age.. Both at age 26 have shown great potential in being able to score the ball. EG shot the 3 ball at a crazy high rate 45% this season. Parsons has been one of the biggest sleepers in the NBA since he came into the league from UF and has been an all around player. He's going to be ask to fill a large role with Dallas next year. In a supposable down year he still averaged over 15 pts, 5 boards and 2 assist while playing alongside scorers in Dirk/Monta and the dreaded Rondo. Very efficient as well shooting 46% from the field and right at 38% from 3

PG: Eric Bledsoe, Elfrid Payton, Deron Williams
SG: Alphabet, Eric Gordon
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Chandler Parsons
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Kenneth Faried, Donatas Motiejunas
C: Steven Adams, Alex Len

Small Lineup
SG-PF, very interchangeable with Alphabet, Gordon, Bledsoe, Williams Parsons, Leonard.
PF: Alphabet, Parsons, Leonard
C: Aldridge, Motiejunas

3 year lineup

Eric Bledsoe (28) Payton (24) Williams (33)
Alphabet (23) Gordon (29)
Leonard (26) Parsons (29)
Aldridge (32) Motiejunas (27) Faried (28)
Adams (24) Len (25)

My team has a ton of depth & a ton of guys that can offer different things. All my guys will not only play a big role now, but, will have an impact 3 years down the road.I love this team now, 3 years from now & 5 years from now certainly doesn't look shabby either.

It'll ultimately be left up to the coach to mix & match to get the best out of each squad but I love the way I can play against any lineup & how teams will have to adjust to my style of play-- up tempo. This team is the definition of being built to win now & 5 years down the road. We have players playing critical roles on their teams at young ages!

I've got depth at every position, players that have proved themselves in the NBA.
My players are all so versatile & can run out so many lineups. Overall, I have got a strong team in defense and offense efficiencies.

I want to highlight a few players --

Defense led by Leonard, Bledsoe, Payton on the perimeter with an improving 20 year 6'11 guard in the Greek Freak. My front court includes two young C's that are "bulls" with excellent work ethics. Rim protectors and aggressive are what I'm looking for & that can already provide that at age 21 & 22 respectively.

Kenneth Faried is the definition of my team. I need spark plugs, guys that give it their all every game. I put Faried in that category. He's came a long ways & while last yr doesn't necessarily show a lot has to do with the coaching staff in DEN. Faried proved to be one of the best with Team USA! Very underrated and fits the mold of my team very well

Motiejunas is the best post player on the Houston Rockets and quite possibly the entire NBA. The kid has moves thanks to the great Hakeem Olajuwon. At 7 foot another mismatch nightmare capable of knocking down the outside shot as well. In article written in MAR Motiejunas, among players who have scored on 100 post ups points he had the highest average at 1 point per possession. HE had scored 225 pts on post plays which was 13th in the NBA. A large number came from hook shots, 106 field goals in fact making him #1 in the NBA for hook shots. Keep in mind the guy is only 24 yrs old

The Alphabet and Payton are apart of my youth movement. The upside on these two are ridiculous. Reports are coming out that Payton has already improved his jump shot in the offseason. Simply from his defense mentality and IQ for the game, I'm certain in his first year Payton has proven that his future is bright in the NBA. At 6'11, the Alphabet is simply a freak & at age 20 he's still growing into that body! Kid has some skills & is one of my favorite players in the NBA. I suggest you check him out if you've never heard of him.

Adams and Len are two upcoming big man that have proven to be rim protectors and aggressors on the court. Adams has improved his offensive game tremendously from his time at Pitt. They can not only contribute now as shown this season but like the Alphabet & Payton have huge upside 3-5 years down the road!

Parsons/Gordon-- These two seem like vets with this group but they're actually entering their prime in age.. Both at age 26 have shown great potential in being able to score the ball. EG shot the 3 ball at a crazy high rate 45% this season. Parsons has been one of the biggest sleepers in the NBA since he came into the league from UF and has been an all around player. He's going to be ask to fill a large role with Dallas next year. In a supposable down year he still averaged over 15 pts, 5 boards and 2 assist while playing alongside scorers in Dirk/Monta and the dreaded Rondo. Very efficient as well shooting 46% from the field and right at 38% from 3

PG: Eric Bledsoe, Elfrid Payton, Deron Williams
SG: Alphabet, Eric Gordon
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Chandler Parsons
PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Kenneth Faried, Donatas Motiejunas
C: Steven Adams, Alex Len

Small Lineup
SG-PF, very interchangeable with Alphabet, Gordon, Bledsoe, Williams Parsons, Leonard.
PF: Alphabet, Parsons, Leonard
C: Aldridge, Motiejunas

I like your team, but don't love it.

Bledsoe is terrific as a combo guard, but the jury is still out on leading a team. Payton brings terrific energy but can't shoot it. I think Williams has lost a step or two but is still nice to have on your roster.

I love Giannis, but see him as a 3/4 more than a 2. Eric Gordon is somewhat of a black hole, imo.

The Leonard/Parsons combo is terrific. Personally I would lump Giannis in here, which could crowd the wing a bit.

Love Aldridge. Faried is a nice energy guy. Montiejunas is solid.

Not sure Adams or Len will ever be stars, but you don't need them to be.

Basically, I love your front court, but I'm not sold on your backcourt overall.

Nice roster overall, and I had many of the same players on my list.

I like your team, but don't love it.

Bledsoe is terrific as a combo guard, but the jury is still out on leading a team. Payton brings terrific energy but can't shoot it. I think Williams has lost a step or two but is still nice to have on your roster.

I love Giannis, but see him as a 3/4 more than a 2. Eric Gordon is somewhat of a black hole, imo.

The Leonard/Parsons combo is terrific. Personally I would lump Giannis in here, which could crowd the wing a bit.

Love Aldridge. Faried is a nice energy guy. Montiejunas is solid.

Not sure Adams or Len will ever be stars, but you don't need them to be.

Basically, I love your front court, but I'm not sold on your backcourt overall.

Nice roster overall, and I had many of the same players on my list.

I love discussion.. Your concerns with Bledsoe are fine, but, if he were still with the Clippers I feel you'd say otherwise. He can only do so much & hasn't been put in the best of situations with PHX. Anyhow at only 25 he would have several years to prove himself. He's never played with a talent like Leonard nor Aldridge.
EG was drafted to come off the bench, to be the scorer. Was surprised to see his high % from long range and that sold me ntm he was younger then I thought at only 26!

As for Giannis, I feel like him, Parsons and Leonard are all capable of playing together & would certainly like to test that out!

I appreciate your comments!

I love discussion.. Your concerns with Bledsoe are fine, but, if he were still with the Clippers I feel you'd say otherwise. He can only do so much & hasn't been put in the best of situations with PHX. Anyhow at only 25 he would have several years to prove himself. He's never played with a talent like Leonard nor Aldridge.
EG was drafted to come off the bench, to be the scorer. Was surprised to see his high % from long range and that sold me ntm he was younger then I thought at only 26!

As for Giannis, I feel like him, Parsons and Leonard are all capable of playing together & would certainly like to test that out!

I appreciate your comments!

I love Bledsoe, but he has always played with another primary ball handler. Doesn't mean he can't shoulder the load, but he hasn't ever been asked to for whatever reason.

I don't like Eric Gordon after watching him play with AD. Shoots a high percentage but takes bad shots at bad times, imo.

I love Bledsoe, but he has always played with another primary ball handler. Doesn't mean he can't shoulder the load, but he hasn't ever been asked to for whatever reason.

I don't like Eric Gordon after watching him play with AD. Shoots a high percentage but takes bad shots at bad times, imo.

I'm not really asking Bledsoe to shoulder the load here, Leonard and LMA will be the better options. I more so drafted Bledsoe the same reason I did Faried, you can't teach their style of play. I love Bledsoe & certainly think he's capable of being a #2 option. But with his current situation he's relied upon to be their #1 & ill agree at this stage of his career I don't know if that's the best situation until he continues to grow as a player.

EG, yeah, ill be brutally honest, I've never been a huge fan.. I never would pick him on my Draftkings lineups lol & he would kill me it seemed. But I agree, thats why he comes off the bench, because he does have the potential to put up points in a hurry!

sorry everyone, was at a Bachelor Party over the weeekend. I'll take Jae Crowder. All Glue Guy Team.

Reactions: Aike
As the final player on my roster, this is the guy remaining that can have the biggest impact. We've sen that he's a valuable piece on contending teams, and that he can single-handedly win a game. He's one of the game's best shooters, and seems to be ready to make the big shot in crunch time.

People joke about him, but as a specialist who I don't have to rely on night in and night out, there's no one left more valuable than JR Smith.

I'm ready for the last pick so we can talk about the guys who should have been picked. I can think of a couple.

I guess I'll make the case for my team now as well. I see my lineup breaking down as follows:

PG: Tony Parker (Backups Reggie Jackson & Dante Exum
SG: Andrew Wiggins (Backups Tony Allen, Jodie Meeks, & Dante Exum)
SF: Kevin Durant (Backups Andrew Wiggins and Lance Stephenson)
PF: Zach Randolph (Backup Aaron Gordon)
C: Karl Towns (Backup Omer Asik)

What I like best about my team are the defensive pieces I added in later rounds. Allen, Stephenson, and Randolph are all capable of setting a defensive tone for my team. I should be able to shut down or at least slow down the other players that I am the most worried about. Tony Allen can slow down Steph Curry, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, and Klay Thompson. Lance Stephenson can slow down Lebron, Kawhi. I'm not sure I have anyone to handle Davis, I'll see what Z-Bo can do, but he matches up well with Boogie and Blake Griffin.

On the offensive side I am obviously relying on Durant to return to his MVP form. With Durant at full strength I think my other pieces compliment him very well. I think the best teams have two or more superstars. Obviously Durant is the alpha dog on my team. Wiggins and Towns have the ability to develop quickly into superstars. In 4 years I also have the potential to have Exum and Gordon to grow into superstars.

So there it is. Just like everyone else I like my team.

Time for the obligatory team breakdown.......ages are listed beside the player's names

PG-Kyrie Irving (23) (Dennis Schroder, 21)
SG-Bradley Beal (21) (Lou Williams, 28)
SF-Nicolas Batum (26) (Gerald Green 29, Derrick Williams, 24)
PF-Blake Griffin (26) (Thaddeus Young, 26 Trey Lyles, 19)
C- Al Jefferson (30) (Robin Lopez, 27)

I decided to model my starting line-up after a traditional viewpoint of what a starting line-up contains. Kyrie provides instant offense and has the ability to distribute at a decent rate (5 apg). Irving will put pressure on the defense as soon as he crosses half court. Bradley Beal provides great offense as well and should help keep defenses from loading up on Kyrie. Beal also rebounds well from the 2guard spot and is pretty handy on the defensive end. Batum is my do it all forward. He can rebound, pass, shoot the three and most importantly defend multiple positions. Batum plays with two ball dominant guards in Portland so he should be just fine alongside Irving and Beal.

Blake Griffin is the key piece of my starting lineup. Blake provides my team a playmaker up front which is definitely needed since Kyrie isn't a prolific distributor. Our offense can flow through Blake at the high post occasionally which would allow Kyrie to play a catch and shoot role should Blake receive extra defensive attention. Finally, the last piece of my starting line-up is Al Jefferson. I chose Al because of his throwback game. He is a hoss inside and has an array of post moves he can utilize. My team already has great athleticism or quickness at every other position. Jefferson is a good rebounder and can also hit the mid-range jumper. His ability to use both power and finesse in the post will be relied upon when the team needs a tough bucket.

For my bench I wanted to go with more fluidity. The only two bench players I have that cannot play multiple positions are Dennis Schroder and Robin Lopez. Both Schroeder and Lopez have very specific roles on this team. Schroeder's job is to push the pace and facilitate the offense. Schroeder will be a stat stuffer from this position off the bench (Averaged 10/4/2 in 20 MPG this year). Lopez is the work horse of the team. Lopez plays with top notch energy, is a load on the offensive glass and will be the rim protector this team needs.

Lou Williams is instant offense and always has been his whole career. Lou can play PG or SG depending on the night. Gerald Green can play SG of SF. Green provides more athleticism off the bench and he can also drain the three ball. Derrick Williams can play the SF or PF and will be relied on to play lockdown defense and rebound for the second unit. Thaddeus Young will be my sixth man and also has the ability to play SF or PF. Young is a do it all forward who can provide match-up problems depending on where he's placed. Last but not least is the future of the franchise Trey Lyles. Trey can play the 3 if absolutely necessary but is a natural four. My team would bring Trey along slowly giving him spot minutes (10-15 MPG) behind Blake in his rookie season.

In the future we would look to move Batum to make room for Trey once he improved his outside shooting and defense. Blake cant be denied in this line-up and my team may ask Trey to play out of position again in order to get him minutes. My team could also look at doing a sign and trade for Blake Griffin once his contract comes up. Blake will be 31 and it would be interesting to see where his skill set is then before locking him up for a "retirement contract". The squad doesn't have a lot of youth per say but we do have a lot of moveable pieces (Lou Williams, Gerald Green, Thaddeus Young and Derrick Williams) that we could use to get younger as we progress. Al Jefferson is also a moveable piece. In the near future my team would look to shop him for a pick/reserve in order to obtain a more athletic rim protector/finisher.

@GonzoCat90 so where do we go from here? Does everyone just talk about their team or do we go ahead and start discussing who did the best job assembling their team?

I would propose each team go through and vote (top-3 in order) on who they think put together the best team (no voting for yourself). We could also include different categories like "Best Team to Win Now" or "Best Team to Win for Next 5 Years." Or something along those lines.

We usually do a playoff bracket with random seeding. Both players get the opportunity to discuss their team and how they would fair vs the opponent both short and long term. It is up to the voters whether or not they vote on just the roster or the explanation.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
We usually do a playoff bracket with random seeding. Both players get the opportunity to discuss their team and how they would fair vs the opponent both short and long term. It is up to the voters whether or not they vote on just the roster or the explanation.
Sounds good to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT