Round 1 Matchups:

1 13
2 12
3 8
4 10
5 11
6 9
7 14

Do you guys want to set up a bracket now or seed this thing after round one? I can do either.

One of the people in each matchup needs to start a poll thread sometime today with both rosters in the OP. Both teams will make their case somewhere early in the thread, and then it's free to be debated between the two posters that own the teams as well as everyone else who wants to chime in.

The criteria is which team is built the best (that means, win now and win later, the best balance possible, etc just like a real franchise would try to do). Rafters will vote, and the team with the most votes moves on.

We'll continue this until someone ultimate wins the grand prize of absolutely nothing.

Round 1 Matchups:

1 13
2 12
3 8
4 10
5 11
6 9
7 14

Do you guys want to set up a bracket now or seed this thing after round one? I can do either.

One of the people in each matchup needs to start a poll thread sometime today with both rosters in the OP. Both teams will make their case somewhere early in the thread, and then it's free to be debated between the two posters that own the teams as well as everyone else who wants to chime in.

The criteria is which team is built the best (that means, win now and win later, the best balance possible, etc just like a real franchise would try to do). Rafters will vote, and the team with the most votes moves on.

We'll continue this until someone ultimate wins the grand prize of absolutely nothing.
Don't we still have a couple of people who need to fill their teams out?

Round 1 Matchups:

1 13
2 12
3 8
4 10
5 11
6 9
7 14

Well, after round 1 we are going to have 7 teams.... so we probably need to figure out how this is going to work out. Maybe the highest rated losing team gets pulled back in as an 8 seed or something.

Reactions: catsfan3523
Not only do I get a horrible pick I play the first pick in the draft!!! Bad bad year for me :)

How are we doing the next round? Are we keeping the person who gets the most votes but loses in order to make 8 in 2nd round?

How are we doing the next round? Are we keeping the person who gets the most votes but loses in order to make 8 in 2nd round?

not that it matters but that logic doesn't make a ton of sense.. a weaker opponent would equate to more votes for a loser potentially.

I would propose we put all 7 "eliminated" teams in a poll and let the highest vote-getter advance as the #8 seed.

I would propose we put all 7 "eliminated" teams in a poll and let the highest vote-getter advance as the #8 seed.
Then how would the 7 winning teams benefit? To me you'd have to come up with some system that doesn't just allow the 1 losing team to come in and proceed through the bracket without any consequence to losing their first game.

Feel free to make a suggestion. I don't think an 8-seed would beat one of the top teams.

What do you guys think about starting a poll for the 7 losing teams, the winner advancing as an 8-seed of sorts (another set of 4 random matchups in round two), and being docked 3 votes in that matchup?

I don't want to make the penalty too big, because then we're essentially just giving a bye without calling it that, but I also agree that we need some added difficulty in order to justify the second chance.

I like that gonzo...I lost to a Lebron team.

Honestly feel I beat most everyone else -_-

That works gonzo but I need to rearrange my starting 5.. Because everyone voting must think I'm rolling Adams/Len out there 30+ min every game. lol.

Williams/Payton
Bledsoe/EG/Alphabet
Leonard/Parsons/Alphabet
Faried/Motiejunas/Aldridge/Leonard
Aldridge/Len/Motiejunas/Adams

What do you guys think about starting a poll for the 7 losing teams, the winner advancing as an 8-seed of sorts (another set of 4 random matchups in round two), and being docked 3 votes in that matchup?

I don't want to make the penalty too big, because then we're essentially just giving a bye without calling it that, but I also agree that we need some added difficulty in order to justify the second chance.
Good call, @GonzoCat90...on to round 2!

Can we talk about the "All-Undrafted Team" now? Some that jumped out at me were (at least I can't recall them being drafted):

Manu
Boozer
Jamal Crawford
Thiago Splitter
Amare Stoudemire
Courtney Lee
Bargnani
David West
Stuckey

Rookies:

Dekker
RJ Hunter
Portis

Some of these may have been picked but they were still on my list.

Bogut
Livingston
Morrow
CJ Miles
Mike Dunleavy
Amir Johnson
John Henson
Jerebko
Boris Diaw
Nurkic
Olynyk

Can we talk about the "All-Undrafted Team" now? Some that jumped out at me were (at least I can't recall them being drafted):

Manu
Boozer
Jamal Crawford
Thiago Splitter
Amare Stoudemire
Courtney Lee
Bargnani
David West
Stuckey

Rookies:

Dekker
RJ Hunter
Portis
I was looking for a reason, any reason to pick Ginobili so I could make some comment about him catching a bat during a game.

I thought long and hard about taking RJ Hunter instead of Exum with my last pick.

Did anyone draft Ilyasova? I thought about him as a late round pick if Gordon or Lyles where gone.

ADVERTISEMENT