ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Round 2 Nkycatfan17 vs. Cowtown Cat

Who will win the most titles in 7 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome players to the NBA Rupp Rafters Playoffs!!!

The goal was to see which team could win the most championships in 7 years.

Voters please review each team roster and their arguments and vote for the team you think best accomplished the objective. You will be allowed to change your vote. This round of voting is for 2 days.

@Nkycatfan17 - Devin Booker, Bam Adebayo, D'Angelo Russell, Jaren Jackson Jr, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, Dejounte Murray, Josh Richardson, Christian Wood, Bojan Bogdanovic, Kevin Huerter, Bol Bol

vs.

@Cowtown Cat - Jamal Murray, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Paul George, Rudy Gobert, Robert Covington, Jarrett Allen, Jarrett Culver, Spencer Dinwiddie, Eric Bledsoe, DeAndre Hunter, Wendell Carter, KCP

Reactions: jrpross
ALL STATS ARE PER 36 MINUTES!!!

G- D’Angelo Russel- 6’4- last two seasons stats of 25-8-5, 26-7-4 and 1 steal on 37% from deep. 24 years old and has chemistry with my star.

G- Devin Booker- 6’5- don’t need to say much here. Only 24 years old and is already one of the best scorers in the league. 27, 7, 4 the last two seasons. Can score from anywhere, on anyone.

F- Bojan Bogdanovic- 6’8- averaged over 20 a game for a very solid jazz team. His career shooting is 51-40-86. That’s extremely efficient. He’s getting older, but can provide a proven scoring option the first 4-5 seasons, then be resigned to a catch and shoot role.

F/C- Jaren Jackson Jr. - 6’11 with a 7’4 wingspan- at only 21 years old, he averaged 22 and 6 with 2 blocks and 1 steal per game on 54-39-75 shooting. Super talented, only going to get better.

F/C- Bam Adebayo- 6’9 with 7’1 wingspan- we all saw how important Bam was in these playoffs. Only 23 and is already one of the most effective and versatile defenders in the league. 17-11-6-1-1.5 on 56% shooting. Going to be one of the best bigs for the next 7 seasons.

G- Dejounte Murray- 6’4 with 6’10 wingspan- only 24 years old. Great defender. 15-8-6 with 2.5 steals per game. Has proved to be a solid shooter at 37% from deep. Makes up for Dlo’s defensive short comings.

G/F- Josh Richardson- 6’5 with 6’10 wingspan- took a smaller role on the 76ers this year. Still 16-4-4-1-1. Great defender. Career 36% from deep. Can play and guard the 1-3. Still only 27 years old.

F- Tobias Harris- 6’8- not a great fit on the 76ers but still only 28 years old and is an extremely versatile scorer. Had a down year and still averaged 21-7-3 on 52-37-80 shooting. Provides instant offense off the bench.

F- Jerami Grant- 6’8 with 7’3 wingspan-very effective and versatile defender that averaged 16-5-2-1-1 on a very solid nuggets team. Was huge for them on their playoff run. Only 26 years old. Efficient scorer at 54-39-75. Has really improved his shooting from deep at 39% the past two seasons. Can switch on everything.

F/C- Christian Wood- 6’10 with 7’3 wingspan - perfect modern big. Really blew up after the Drummond trade. Averaged 22-11-2-1-1.5 on extremely efficient 64-39-75 shooting splits. Perfect backup big. Only 25 years old.

G/F- Kevin Huerter- 6’7- only 22 years old averaged 14-5-4 on 46-38-83 shooting. Can develop into the perfect shooting wing off the bench.

G/F/C/fashion icon- Bol Bol- 7’2 with a ridiculous 7’8 wingspan- my project piece. His ceiling is truly limitless. Could really be a player this league has never seen before. Can play every position. A phenomenal shooter that can handle the ball and pass. Only played 7 games this year but averaged 17-8-3-1-2.5 on 53-44-80 shooting. Crazy. Shot over 50% from deep at Oregon. Could be a bust, but if he even ends up reaching half his potential he’ll be an extremely dangerous piece. Could be top 5 in 3 point shooting and blocks, which is just crazy.

Summary: We’re young, we’re long, we’re versatile, and we can shoot. Basically everything you want going forward in today’s league. Got defenders at every position, got shooters at every position. Shortest player is 6’4. Whole team will be intact for the entire 7 year run, with most of the team being in their prime. Only exception might be Bojan, but he has never relied on athleticism, and he’ll take a backseat role as time goes on. The pick and roll/ pick and pop will be tough to stop. And I have lineups that can switch on everything. May take a season or two to be dominant, but I think by year 3 this team will be truly scary.

I enjoy @Cowtown Cat and like his team. Especially the backcourt of Murray and sga, that’s a scary duo the next 7 years. But I’m not sold on his whole team being effective for 7 seasons. Not sold on culver or hunter to break out either. Think my team is better built for the future

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
My starting 5 will be Murray, SGA, Dinwiddie, George and Gobert. I really like my bench: Bledsoe, Covington, KCP, Carter and Allen in particular.

I believe KCP is the epitome of a good role player. Plays good defense and shot the lights out in the bubble this year. I think Covington fits that same mold as well. Good shooter and good defensive player.

Reactions: HICATFAN
I like the team that @Nkycatfan17 has assembled. He has a few players I heavily considered taking: Grant, Harris, etc. There’s a few on his team that I’m not sold on either: Richardson and Bol Bol specifically.
Richardson is basically just kcp but better defensively in my opinion. Bol bol is basically just a bonus. Not too many guys that have a 7’8 wingspan that can shoot 50% from deep. He might be a bust though, but figured why not take him in the 12th round.

Richardson is basically just kcp but better defensively in my opinion. Bol bol is basically just a bonus. Not too many guys that have a 7’8 wingspan that can shoot 50% from deep. He might be a bust though, but figured why not take him in the 12th round.
Hopefully he’s not. I like him. Hate he spurned UK, though.

Reactions: Nkycatfan17
One thing that I haven’t really mentioned about my team is the importance of a guy like Gobert in the middle. He’s an absolute space eater and defensive beast. He changes the entire complexion of basketball games. Just an elite rim protector. Good luck scoring in the paint on that guy.

Gobert might help defensively in a regular season scenario. But a guy that can’t score from more than 3 feet from the basket is just an absolute liability offensively in the playoffs

Bams versatility with Bookers scoring and playmaking with Jarren Jackson's shot blocking and shooting is scary. Nkycatsfan has one of my favorite teams. Never been a huge tobias Harris fan, but that team doesn't have many holes going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nkycatfan17
Bams versatility with Bookers scoring and playmaking with Jarren Jackson's shot blocking and scoring is scary. Nkycatsfan has one of my favorite teams. Never been a huge tobias Harris fan, but that team doesn't have many holes going forward.
Thank you my friend. Never been a big fan of Tobias either but his friendship with boban has made me like him a lot more.

Well, he averaged 15.1 PPG last year. I have a good offensive big on my bench in Carter.
Carter is solid I think he’ll end up being a great big. But I think a lot of gobert’s points come off lobs and putbacks. He really causes spacing issues for the jazz. Clogs up the lane and allows defenses to pack the paint. Still a top 10 center no doubt

I’d like to point out that Deangelo Russell as your third pick was the difference for me in this matchup @Nkycatfan17. Had that been a more fitting player, I likely would have voted your team. He only shot 41% from the floor this year and posted a 6.6/3.8 assist/turnover ratio.
Yeah I think I lost a lotta people with the russel, Harris, bol bol picks but oh well. Dlo had a great year before this season with the nets and he’s great friends with my star. Figure a little chemistry in the backcourt never hurts

Poll extended until 9 EST..... if still tied I'll extend it until tomorrow night at 9 EST.

Extended to 9 EST tomorrow. If you two can jump in every so often discuss the match up or whatever it may help one if you get 1 more vote LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT