ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats and Alabama fan support

You really believe what you wrote?
I bet they’re mad that Final Four coverage is taking away from Spring Practice coverage was obvious sarcasm. I believe he won’t be at Bama long term.

I apologize that my extreme views made you fell this way, I should have posted atrigfer warning for you. Thoughts and prayers for your feelings.

Reactions: JASUN74
I bet they’re mad that Final Four coverage is taking away from Spring Practice coverage was obvious sarcasm. I believe he won’t be at Bama long term.

I apologize that my extreme views made you fell this way, I should have posted atrigfer warning for you. Thoughts and prayers for your feelings.
That wasn’t sarcasm you wrote.

I wouldn’t say it’s set in stone that he’ll be at Alabama for life, because few things in sports are forever, but I don’t really get the impression that he can’t wait to get out of there either. He’s talked multiple times about the whole “football school” thing and always spins it into a positive about how the strong football program helps everyone, that he’s learned about coaching from getting to talk with Saban, etc. If that’s something that’s eating at him, he’s doing an amazing job not showing it. He also just signed a new extension that reportedly gives him a top 5 salary in all of college basketball. I think it’s going to take more than just history as a “basketball school” to get him at this point.

I wouldn’t say it’s set in stone that he’ll be at Alabama for life, because few things in sports are forever, but I don’t really get the impression that he can’t wait to get out of there either. He’s talked multiple times about the whole “football school” thing and always spins it into a positive about how the strong football program helps everyone, that he’s learned about coaching from getting to talk with Saban, etc. If that’s something that’s eating at him, he’s doing an amazing job not showing it. He also just signed a new extension that reportedly gives him a top 5 salary in all of college basketball. I think it’s going to take more than just history as a “basketball school” to get him at this point.
It’ll be very interesting if somehow he wins a title at Bama. I think Bama will do all they can to keep him from another school, NBA might be the next step for him.

I said it earlier, but if you’re a fan who wants Oats at UK, root for him to lose in the FF. If he wins, that closes the door more than likely.

Sarcasm or not, you’re not way off on the take. Bama love football and their program, it’s no mystery. The basketball program just hasn’t been very successful compared with football so no need to apologize for anything here. The very few basketball fans they do have would still skip the final four to go to a spring practice, especially if they got to go on the field and meet the guys. Their Basketball to them is like our Baseball to us.

It’ll be very interesting if somehow he wins a title at Bama. I think Bama will do all they can to keep him from another school, NBA might be the next step for him.

I said it earlier, but if you’re a fan who wants Oats at UK, root for him to lose in the FF. If he wins, that closes the door more than likely.

Doesn’t close the door. Just ups the price a million or two a year.

Reactions: WeWant9

they were talking on Paul Fienbaum that the facilities and the arena itself needs major upgrades and that that may play into him leaving

Reactions: WeWant9
He would recruit really well at UK. He's in on a lot of the top recruits now. He's just too analytical for my liking. Whatever works though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT