ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Indy 2008 all over again. This is insane.
That was my first thought too. I remember that race and they would throw a competition caution every 15 laps so the teams could change tires. Has NASCAR had a new car with more flaws and problems than this one? It seems every week it is something new and NASCAR accepts none of the blame either. 🤣

Reactions: DanCat17
That was my first thought too. I remember that race and they would throw a competition caution every 15 laps so the teams could change tires. Has NASCAR had a new car with more flaws and problems than this one? It seems every week it is something new and NASCAR accepts none of the blame either. 🤣
One thing that is different between now and 10 years ago is that drivers are allowed to criticize NASCAR, tracks, and Goodyear and not get the "actions detrimental to stock car racing" fine and penalty.

Denny was on one last night on twitter, and rightfully so. NASCAR came out and said they "did not see the incident between Byron and Hamlin on the front stretch". They included that "If they had, they would have given Hamlin his spot back or moved Byron to the back of the field".

Like how tf do you miss that? How do you miss the whole lap of Hamlin going after Byron once they caught the pace car?

Hamlin Challenged the spot and he said the team was "screaming at NASCAR over the radio".

I absolutely thought Hamlin should have gotten his spot back.

Dale JR said unless he admitted he did it NASCAR couldn't do anything but then Byron admits it after the race and they still did nothing.

Dale JR said unless he admitted he did it NASCAR couldn't do anything but then Byron admits it after the race and they still did nothing.
Coming from a diehard Jr fan, this is a dumb opinion.

But, lets say he is right on this thought process. Next race, I'm laying the bumper to the car in front of me right after a caution(that happens no where near me) and gaining a spot. I didn't mean to, right? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Creed Bratton
What Ty Gibbs did to Dillon on pit road with crew members/NASCAR officials working should have had him parked but its Gibbs, we know nothing is going to happen to him.

What Ty Gibbs did to Dillon on pit road with crew members/NASCAR officials working should have had him parked but its Gibbs, we know nothing is going to happen to him.

Kid is a punk ass. Spoiled as it gets.

I know it's just a game/sim, whatever you want to call it. But, I raced many times with him on iRacing. The stuff he would say and how he would act reflects a lot in his real life driving. It's almost funny watching him get out of the car and thanking God.

Too bad his grandpa essentially fired the one guy in the sport who could give him the most valuable advice. Kid acts like Kyle in his young age and has a lot of the talent that Kyle has.

Kid is a punk ass. Spoiled as it gets.

I know it's just a game/sim, whatever you want to call it. But, I raced many times with him on iRacing. The stuff he would say and how he would act reflects a lot in his real life driving. It's almost funny watching him get out of the car and thanking God.

Too bad his grandpa essentially fired the one guy in the sport who could give him the most valuable advice. Kid acts like Kyle in his young age and has a lot of the talent that Kyle has.
I can believe it. Once saw TyGibbs2 flash across the top of the screen on there and wound up quitting during a race. Used to do iRacing awhile back but for some reason the trading paints program stopped working and took a lot of the fun out of it without the liveries. Reached out to the site for help and nothing fixed it.

Definitely has talent and is going to be force for years to come in the prime Gibbs equipment. I recall his appearance on Dale Jr Download and he mentions advice that Kyle has given him in his career.

Reactions: DanCat17
That's the 2nd fine Gibbs has gotten from NASCAR this season. The other for the fight with Sam Mayer at Martinsville. The way he keeps running into drivers is going to cost him and there's no need for it with the equipment he's in and talent he has. I would say he has one coming for him as they aren't going to cut him any breaks for being a rich kid and the last name but that seems like half the field these days including the one he door slammed Sunday.

Fd1BQfcagAAVCiy

Fd1BY8qakAQGuVY

Just caught up on Race for the Championship.

This has been really well done. It's an obvious steal of Drive to Survive. But the production value/content has been top notch.

Reactions: Blue63Madison
I know they had a lot of lead changes but it was mainly when either one line would pass the other or if a guy made the wrong decision and got shuffled back. It was really difficult to come from the back to the front and it usually took pit strategy to do so.

I don't think NASCAR is above fixing races for ratings and keeping fans.
I'm not sure this is an instance of NASCAR trying to interfere with a race by letting a team have an advantage but I truly believe they would. Of course they still have to not wreck, have trouble on pit road, not have a flat tire, etc to win but an advantage by a few more horsepower can definitely help.

I will always believe that Dale Jr had a bigger restrictor plate than everyone else the July race in 2001 after Dale Sr was killed at the track in February. That race was the only time before and since that I have watched a single car pull out and pass multiple cars that were drafting. I commented about it once on Twitter and he actually tweeted back and said there is no way NASCAR would risk their integrity to fix a race but we all know they have as much integrity as the NCAA. You know if letting the son of one of the biggest stars in NASCAR history, who also just happened to be the most popular driver at that time, win the next race at the track where his father died could keep them from losing fans you know they would do it. It worked for a while but Brian France managed to basically destroy the sport before he was ousted and they still haven't recovered.

There has been some really good drivers who had careers cut short for one reason or another like Tim Richmond, Steve Park, Adam Petty, Fireball Roberts, Davey Allison, Kenny Irwin Jr and Alan Kulwicki. I am sure I have left someone out but of those drivers who do you think would have went on to have the greatest career? I'm leaning Davey Allison with Tim Richmond a close 2nd.

Last edited:
There has been some really good drivers who had careers cut short for one reason or another like Tim Richmond, Steve Park, Adam Petty, Fireball Roberts, Davey Allison, Kenny Irwin Jr and Alan Kulwicki. I am sure I have left someone out but of those drivers who do you think would have went on to have the greatest career? I'm leaning Davey Allison with Tim Richmond a close 2nd.
Allison for sure of the ones you mentioned.

Ernie Irvan was my favorite driver in the late 80s/90s. 7 wins in Morgan McClure equipment in the #4 Kodak Chevy was impressive. He would have likely won that 1994 Cup Series Championship had it not been for the 1st wreck at Michigan. Through 20 races, only 5 in which he finished worse than 6th that year. Ross Chastain is one driver I compare to Ernie these days. Chastain and Irvan both with an aggressive driving style. Nadeau was another one like Park around that time who had his career cut short after the wreck at Richmond.

Last edited:
How many times are teams suspended/fine for cheating? McDowell had an easier hole to pull out there before CE. So why not??? Net, I think there's a chance it was.
Extremely doubtful. A superspeedway race is wild and chaotic to begin with which is why it is exciting. Never know how the end is going to finish. A green flag run IMO is better for ratings. It would take more than just throwing a flag for OT for your theory to work. All teams in the middle of the playoffs would have to be on board and no one is going to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT