ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

*By the way, there’s a 50% chance of rain all day today in Bristol.
Sorry my post didn't agree with yours but I'd knew you'd respond so... we never have seen a football or baseball game in late August/early September get delayed due to a hurricane. 4 systems brewing but nothing to do with a hurricane.

15% chance of precipitation in Bristol TN BTW

LOL … my app says 43-52% in Bristol between noon and 5:00. But this topic obviously means a lot to you, so I’ll drop out and get back to racing lol.
kiss-emoji-a-form-of-harassment.jpg

He's fortunate to have a great teammate behind him that wasn't greedy considering Reddick is leaving RCR and pushed him to the win with all of the big dogs out of contention.
Reddick knows the importance of having a teammate in the playoffs. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Reddick knows the importance of having a teammate in the playoffs. He knew exactly what he was doing.
It helps RCR, an organization he is leaving. Doesn't necessarily help him individually in the playoff standings. It's every man for himself in the playoffs. More playoff points for every win to carry into each round were on the line.

Last edited:
The least deserving driver in the field wins and takes up a playoff spot.
I know a guy who was a NASCAR spotter for a while and he said most of the drivers are there because they can either bring the sponsorship with them or through some sort of connections. He told me of one guy who's father in law was a top exec with Chevrolet Racing and another who had connections through Toyota Racing. According to his stories very few are "deserving" based on paying their dues and struggling to make it like Mark Martin, Dale Sr, Rusty, DW, etc.

The least deserving driver in the field wins and takes up a playoff spot.
Would like to see him win at Daytona without having to bump someone out of the way in the final laps. What he did to Almirola in 2018 was cowardice. Will be lucky if he isn't cut in the 1st round.

Last edited:
Would like to see him win at Daytona without having to bump someone out of the way in the final laps. What he did to Almirola in 2018 was cowardice. Will be lucky if he isn't cut in the 1st round.
100% agree. He’s been in cup for 12 years now and has 4 wins. None of which came because he outdrove the competition. He doesn’t win unless it’s fuel mileage, he turns the leader head on into the wall, or all but 3 cars wreck out.

100% agree. He’s been in cup for 12 years now and has 4 wins. None of which came because he outdrove the competition. He doesn’t win unless it’s fuel mileage, he turns the leader head on into the wall, or all but 3 cars wreck out.
That reality show of his will likely stretch the mileage out of this one if not axed after the 1st season. Remember those NASCAR commercials he did the promo in saying "Someone has to be the black hat" Please!!

That reality show of his will likely stretch the mileage out of this one if not axed after the 1st season. Remember those NASCAR commercials he did the promo in saying "Someone has to be the black hat" Please!!
He's just such an unlikable person. His entire family is. His wife jumping up and down the entire rain delay yesterday knowing she is a little closer to a payday herself.

He's just such an unlikable person. His entire family is. His wife jumping up and down the entire rain delay yesterday knowing she is a little closer to a payday herself.
Definitely the epitome of the look at me society performing when the cameras are on and is about a foot taller than that runt.

LOL at the last few posts/posters. They’re a microcosm of social media in 2022. You have to be offended by something, even when there’s no reason to be offended.

I have to say after watching the big wreck I am totally confused by Nascar's reasoning for where cars were placed. They say it goes back to the prior scoring loop and then any cars who "aren't involved in the wreck and maintain speed are placed in front of cars who were caught up in the wreck and didn't maintain speed". My issue is Harvick was ahead of Dillon but got caught up in the wreck and Dillon made it through so he's first but Cindric also made it through without contact but was placed behind Harvick and a couple of other guys who did get in the wreck. I think he wound up restarting in 5th. 🤷‍♂️

2 TV screens going at once watching UK Football and the thrilling finish between Gragson, Creed and Larson in the Xfinity race won by Noah.

Petty GMS has the potential to make some noise next year. GMS had success in the lower levels with 2 Truck Series & ARCA Championships, Gragson coming on board and Erik Jones has this Southern 500 thing down. Happy for him.

Hell Yeah!!!

Very cool. Saw a tweet that there are several hotels around the track that are already sold out for the weekend. I'd expect tickets to be gone within an hour or two of going on sale.

Very cool. Saw a tweet that there are several hotels around the track that are already sold out for the weekend. I'd expect tickets to be gone within an hour or two of going on sale.
Wow that is amazing! So glad to see it. A great decision by NASCAR bringing back this track and to start it off with an exhibition race 1st to see how things go. I know Benny Parsons & Junior Johnson would be so proud right now seeing NASCAR back at North Wilkesboro. Hopefully someday they can revive The Rock.

ADVERTISEMENT