ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

#45 car sweeps Kansas this year between Busch & Bubba and another 1.5 mile track with Las Vegas to go. The 1st 2 playoff races have been won by both Jones & Wallace outside of the playoffs. 18 different winners and there's only 36 races. I've enjoyed this season not knowing what to expect every week.

Reactions: DanCat17
Announcement set for Tuesday.

306084085_754525555903336_6870832273194274269_n.jpg

I think Toyota wins with this move in the end.

They get two young drivers who will win a championship(s). And Ty is a hell of a lot cheaper than Kyle.
Absolutely and Reddick being in the mix for a Championship this year in RCR equipment with 2 wins. The #19 ride in 2024 will be another intriguing opportunity after JGR moves on from Truex. His age and a 1-year deal, the writing is on the wall. I see Martin either retiring or potentially racing for JR Motorsports if Dale goes Cup racing anytime soon.

Gibbs would probably love having Reddick in the #19 with the partnership with 23XI. Who knows in the ever-changing landscape that is NASCAR. I expect Tyler to still be in the #45, just thinking out loud about 3 young drivers like Bell, Gibbs & Reddick all at JGR with Hamlin if that were to happen. Still though Reddick will be huge for 23XI in their equipment and the #19 will be an attractive ride to many in the garage area for a veteran or young drivers like Sammy Smith maybe even Nemechek.

Last edited:
Absolutely and Reddick being in the mix for a Championship this year in RCR equipment with 2 wins. The #19 ride in 2024 will be another intriguing opportunity after JGR moves on from Truex. His age and a 1-year deal, the writing is on the wall. I see Martin either retiring or potentially racing for JR Motorsports if he goes Cup racing anytime soon. Gibbs would probably love having Reddick in the #19 with the partnership with 23XI. Who knows in the ever-changing landscape that is NASCAR. I expect Tyler to still be in the #45, just thinking out loud about 3 young drivers like Bell, Gibbs & Reddick in JGR equipment with Hamlin if that were to happen. Still though Reddick will be huge for 23XI and the #19 will be an attractive ride to many in the garage area for a veteran or young drivers like Sammy Smith maybe even Nemechek.
Definitely. No secret that Truex is in the last few years of his career.

What I'm most interested about is where Reddick will be next year. Richard says he will field a 3rd car. Seems like there is quite a bit of doubt to that, however.

I feel like it's gotta be cheaper to just buyout his contract. So, maybe they are negotiating that up now. OR maybe Richard feels like screwing him and leaving him without a ride next year.

What I'm most interested about is where Reddick will be next year. Richard says he will field a 3rd car. Seems like there is quite a bit of doubt to that, however.

I feel like it's gotta be cheaper to just buyout his contract. So, maybe they are negotiating that up now. OR maybe Richard feels like screwing him and leaving him without a ride next year.
It will be interesting to watch the dominoes fall now that the Busch decision is official. From what I have read, Hamlin still says Kurt will be returning to #45 if healthy and wants to race in 2023. RCR might have to field a car without a charter to accommodate all 3. Agree it's easier said than done. Richard and RCR no doubt upset when Tyler announced he signed with 23XI and maybe Childress puts Tyler in the unchartered ride if they can get sponsorship like Preece was at JTG in the end. I would put my money on Reddick able to make the field each race. Especially since he took the underfunded 48 team in the Xfinity Series to victory lane.

RCR just released images of Tylers new ride for next season....

CR-V-at-LeMons-Race-1024x683.jpeg

• Haha
Kaulig Racing's technical alliance with RCR in a 2nd entry for Reddick is a plausible scenario. If Reddick were to be bought out, an up and coming team would be a fool to not scoop him up. Ran well and nearly won a couple races in the previous car with RCR and a 2-time Xfinity Series champion. A lot to be gained bringing him on if RCR doesn't field a 3rd car for Tyler.

Last edited:
Really wish they'd take the Indy road course off and put back the 'crown jewel' event the Brickyard 400. Good to see North Wilkesboro and a taste of racing before speed week in early Feb with the clash.

Really wish they'd take the Indy road course off and put back the 'crown jewel' event the Brickyard 400. Good to see North Wilkesboro and a taste of racing before speed week in early Feb with the clash.
I think the reason they dropped the Brickyard and switched it to the road course was due to the lack of attendance for the Brickyard. Attendance had dropped from 250,000 the inaugural season to 50,000 by 2016. The roval race at Charlotte was a success and I think they hoped to replicate that success at Indy.

Cute burnout Noah! Damaged a car you might need at Phoenix or Martinsville.

Last edited:
NASCAR might want to seriously consider 2 practice sessions again for a full race weekend instead of this budget cut shit combining practice sessions leading right up into qualifying. Quite a bit of these race day issues with the next gen car could have been caught in full practices sessions the way it used to be. Especially something like power steering which has been a problem for some tonight since the start.

Last edited:
Did Busch end up losing points because other Toyotas came back out on the track?
Somehow Denny managed to get a Top 10 after all of the chaos on pit road. Bubba kept running and finished ahead. Guess that owner's championship took priority over Busch who until late in the race was maintaining that 12th spot. The rest of 23XI/JGR were behind Kyle. I think Reddick coming back out maintained not losing track position and went ahead in 13th.

Reactions: funKYcat75
The entire 1st round won by non-playoff drivers and Dillon in a win or go home before that at Daytona.

I am really happy for someone like Chris Buescher to win and take Roush back to victory lane. May be wrong but I believe this was the 1st win for them not on a superspeedway track since Carl won at Bristol and Sonoma in 2014. Stenhouse won Talladega & Daytona in 2017 but that's it for victories since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT