ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

Lol. Random draw gave Larson the pole at the AS Race.

I miss the old All Star Qualifying with the lap/pit stop/lap run.

Larson with the $1,000,000 win. Kid is on a roll.
Been following NASCAR for 50 years or so, have always felt that when a team gets on a roll, they found something that would get thru inspection...even when I was a diehard Earnhardt fan. Just sayin'....

Been following NASCAR for 50 years or so, have always felt that when a team gets on a roll, they found something that would get thru inspection...even when I was a diehard Earnhardt fan. Just sayin'....
It seems to be the trend these days that a team dominates for a while then another team does whether it's HMS, Gibbs, Penske or SHR.

Reactions: ekywildcat
Shew, that was a helluva battle between Larson and Bowman over the final 10-15 laps.

And now as I type this Larson's front left goes flat!

86b709a34a04e46115a223f646c04233.jpg

I believe watching a NASCAR race is ranked way higher than posting a Jeff Dunham meme on the socially acceptable scale.

Newman will have to have his 28th place finishes with some other team next year.

Harrison Burton to the 21
Cindric to the 2

my guess based on what’s already been rumored
Brad K to Roush(number 6)
Kurt Busch to the 2nd 23XI team
Chastain or Matty D the 2nd Trackhouse driver

Newman will have to have his 28th place finishes with some other team next year.
What does this have to do with Newman?

I guess if Brad wants an ownership stake in a team, then the move makes sense. But beyond that, I do not get it. He won't win at Roush. Seems like career suicide.

But, maybe Roush has just been in need of a good driver the past 5-10 years and he'll go there and win.

I guess if Brad wants an ownership stake in a team, then the move makes sense. But beyond that, I do not get it. He won't win at Roush. Seems like career suicide.

But, maybe Roush has just been in need of a good driver the past 5-10 years and he'll go there and win.
Is Buescher locked into a contract already? I haven't kept up with the silly season this time.

Is Buescher locked into a contract already? I haven't kept up with the silly season this time.
Not sure about that one. Wonder if there's a chance Roush can pick up Matty D. I think he's a good driver and a even better guy. Hate to see him losing his ride.

Yesterday's whole race was a trainwreck on NASCAR's part. First they really screwed up by not throwing a caution when it was raining and causing Busch, Truex and Hamlin to wreck. Then they called the race due to darkness. I mean if you are at a track that doesn't have lights why would you have a start time of 3:30 anyway. I remember the races used to always start at noon unless they were on the west coast. Now they all start around 3:00-4:00 and if it's an east coast track with any delays due to rain, wrecks, track repairs, etc they don't have time to get the race in. That place must be ran by idiots and it all started with Brian France.

They should just call the race. The track keeps jumping up and wrecking the field.

Poor NASCAR.

Dinger.

Hamlin has to be fuming.
Hamlin wasn't as mad as I thought he would be. I mean a guy who cuts one whole turn off had to know a penalty was coming because he may be a rookie to the cup series but he knows that is always the penalty. Not to mention that the in car camera showed that he also gassed it when he got to Hamlin's bumper. I bet after watching replays that Denny will be a little more upset.

Reactions: funKYcat75
This is now twice that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has taken a black eye during a NASCAR event. You may also recall the 2008 Brickyard 400 where the tires that Goodyear brought were too soft and after 10-12 laps would blow out. That also caused drivers to only drive at 75% because they were afraid a tire would let go as they entered the turn at full speeds and cause injuries. I get the allure of racing there but the races have never really been exciting. I say drop it and go to a short track where guys can bang into each other and race. It was so bad that the crowd dropped from 240,000 in 2008 down to 180,000 in 2009.

Reactions: funKYcat75
This is now twice that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has taken a black eye during a NASCAR event. You may also recall the 2008 Brickyard 400 where the tires that Goodyear brought were too soft and after 10-12 laps would blow out. That also caused drivers to only drive at 75% because they were afraid a tire would let go as they entered the turn at full speeds and cause injuries. I get the allure of racing there but the races have never really been exciting. I say drop it and go to a short track where guys can bang into each other and race. It was so bad that the crowd dropped from 240,000 in 2008 down to 180,000 in 2009.
Didn't all the CART drivers walk off the job a while back too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT