ADVERTISEMENT

NASCAR thread

I would have to say the wreck was on Joey for trying to block but that is what everyone would do on the last lap of Daytona. To me it's just a product of restrictor plate racing.

This.

Brad got the push that any driver sitting in second on the last lap dreams of. Brad made his move about as late as he could and Joey tried to block it. The block was never going to work and it slowed Brad which ultimately got him turn by McDowell.

But, who isn't going to block any run that comes at them on the last lap. I don't blame Joey for blocking. The wreck was a product of the racing. I lean towards no fault in this one.

The Dale Jr Rewind show is a true pleasure. He knows everyone, knows the stories before they tel them. The LaJoie episode was great yesterday. Randy had some stories, going old school with Buckshot Jones. Entertaining.

Bottom line, if I invested that much time, effort, and $$$ into into it, and the driver did not do what it took to win...driver, outta here!

Nepotism wins the Xfinity race.

So Top 3 today barring anything dumb will probably be

Elliott
Truex
Blaney

In what order? We'll find out. Excited for this one.

Can’t believe Blaney never got going.

Truex really effed himself.

Don’t see anyone beating Chase

Did anyone else noticed Truex jumped the last restart and wasn’t black flagged? I’ve seen lots of other guys get penalized for that same thing but not Truex. That’s why I am almost to the point of saying forget NASCAR. They are so inconsistent in their rulings.

Pure domination by Larson today.

Hendrick figured something out in their 1.5 mile program.

AND SHR was absolutely abysmal today.

First race I've missed the end of this season and Larson won. I guess I'm gonna have to quit watching.

Larson and Byron to the back tomorrow.

At least they've both won already.

If Harvick doesn't get shit right tomorrow could potentially be a long year for SHR. Lack of practice time killed Kyle Busch last year, seems to be biting SHR now

With finishes of 17, 26, 22, 28 and 16 I am wondering if MJ and Hamlin are wishing they would have went with a driver who had a proven record for their start up team instead of a guy who hasn't shown that he has the ability to be a top driver?

Only 4 days until the NASCAR boy get down and dirty at Bristol. Who is your pick to win? I am saying Larson. He is running well right now and that boy can drive on the dirt. Austin Dillon is an "underdog" to watch for.

Do all cup drivers have dirt racing experience? I've never really thought about it, but I assume the would.

Most started out on dirt as a kid but some have always ran on asphalt. For a lot of them they may have raced on dirt but it may have been several years ago. With Larson running all those dirt races after his suspension last year he has to be a favorite.

Looks like rain is in the forecast. Will they put on mud grips and race anyway. 🤣
Wayell, gonna have some some of my old time nascar buddies over to watch and to officially kick off bbq season with ribs, pork tenderloin and old dead chicken. They tout themselves as the best racecar drivers in the world, if we can cook regardless of the weather, surely the best of the best can do their jobs too. Trivial info: racecar spelled backwards is racecar

Did they just lay a thick layer of dirt over the existing track? Or did they take up the track and resurface it as a dirt track? Knew of the race, but haven't kept up.

Did they just lay a thick layer of dirt over the existing track? Or did they take up the track and resurface it as a dirt track? Knew of the race, but haven't kept up.
Added a buncha dirt and sawdust over the concrete. Did change the degree of banking with the dirt tho.

He should do a lap and then head back the garage if he can’t gain anything from the heat.
Maybe he'd prefer more experience with the track. So what if he bangs up car? He can go with backup then & have to start last. What a penalty!

Christopher Bells bullshit strikes again
Riddle me this. Bell's teammate Truex is leading. Bell behind Truen & Larson, who started last, is behind Bell. Larson has the best car on the track & closing fast. Bell supposedly the dirt track expert.

So what happens? Bell goes up high in the loose dirt & turns downhill right in front of Larson. Totally a coincidence?

Dirty as hell. Larson should wreck Truex.

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
Of course the Bell/Larson wreck took out 2 of the favorites but I was shocked that some of the guys with no dirt experience ran so well. I mean Suarez had never ran on dirt in his life until a couple of weeks ago. It seemed to me after the track slicked up that drivers who like to driver a loose race car seemed to run well despite not being "dirt track ringers". I would have loved to see guys like Gordon, Earnhardt Jr, Martin and Johnson run on dirt. It would be cool for them to do a "Legends" race next year as part of the weekend events where the retired guys run a short race for charity in Late Models.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT