ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

I mean, sure, I try to put on a good show for folks — depending on the whims of my mood, of course — but at the end of the day it’s just “1 or 2, 3 or 4…ad freaking nauseum.

Seriously though, if you can count to 10 you can do this stuff.
See, that’s why I could never be an eye doc. I can’t get past 8 because I always forget what 8 was for...

I take one, one, one cause you left me,
And two, two, two for my family,
And three, three, three for my heartache,
And four, four, four for my headaches,
And five, five, five for my lonely,
And six, six, six for my sorrow,
And seven, seven for no tomorrow,
And eight, eight, I forget was eight was for,
But nine, nine, nine for the lost gods,
Ten, ten, ten, ten for everything, everything, everything...

- Violent Femmes / Kiss Off

• Haha
Reactions: _Mav_
This lecturer is like, no way, the chick version, I mean, what, of Nicholas Fehn.

df02f260039c2087301abf87e680ed79_6cab64794ca7f53cdbaa87e564a2e5c3.jpg

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
I’m NEVER going to reverse a patient’s opioid overdose with Naloxone. Never. So why the hell is this chick rambling to a bunch of eye docs about how to do it?

Wanna know how I treat overdoses? I don’t, that’s how. Why? BECAUSE I’M A F¥€KING OPTOMETRIST, NOT AN ER DOC.

Now she’s preaching that if we’re ever prescribed an opioid (post surgery, for example) we should properly purge any unused pills from the house. F#%k that, I ain’t not Gallant pussboi. I’m team Goofus and I ALWAYS save excess pills for a rainy day, obviously — how else you gonna build up a supply?

You numb the pain with alcohol and Benadryl for a couple days, then when your Norco Rx “runs out” you call and beg for a refill, BOOM, you’ve now got like 30 spare pills to either sell or use for fun. This shit ain’t hard folks.

I hate all the audience suck-ups who raise their hands every time a speaker asks “How many of you have seen blah blah blah?” Yeah, we ALL have, you f#=king idiot, but most of us don’t need to preen and broadcast it.

I’d say a solid 17-18% of the chicks here are doable, which is quite impressive for an opto-gathering. Dunno whether that speaks more to a general lowering of my standards as I’ve gotten older, or if it represents a true increase in quality. Either way, it helps to pass the time.

I’m NEVER going to reverse a patient’s opioid overdose with Naloxone. Never. So why the hell is this chick rambling to a bunch of eye docs about how to do it?

Wanna know how I treat overdoses? I don’t, that’s how. Why? BECAUSE I’M A F¥€KING OPTOMETRIST, NOT AN ER DOC.
Is it common for opioid addicts to get their eyes checked? I wouldn’t have guessed that.

I’d say a solid 17-18% of the chicks here are doable, which is quite impressive for an opto-gathering. Dunno whether that speaks more to a general lowering of my standards as I’ve gotten older, or if it represents a true increase in quality. Either way, it helps to pass the time.
Sounds much better than a radiation safety conference.

Now she’s preaching that if we’re ever prescribed an opioid (post surgery, for example) we should properly purge any unused pills from the house. F#%k that, I ain’t not Gallant pussboi. I’m team Goofus and I ALWAYS save excess pills for a rainy day, obviously — how else you gonna build up a supply?

You numb the pain with alcohol and Benadryl for a couple days, then when your Norco Rx “runs out” you call and beg for a refill, BOOM, you’ve now got like 30 spare pills to either sell or use for fun. This shit ain’t hard folks.
This seems sketchy BUT it seems if executed properly this would result in good times or definitely extra cash.
Raise your hand if you think that mav should be the one up there on that stage doing the lecturing.

RawOrderlyCobra-max-1mb.gif
I feel like the lecture would revolve around lots topics and none would be about eyes.

To answer the lowering of standards question you must ask your self one question: is there something in years past that would result in a hard pass? Like a lazy eye. Today its no problem. Years past it resulted in a no or 12 a pack would cure it. If it requires no help. Your standards have in fact lowered.

I’m astounded that in 2022 there are still morons who don’t know/practice proper elevator etiquette. Dumbasses think the door opening is a GD drag strip Christmas light tree hitting green and they gotta sprint in before it closes.

It’s simple physics, jackasses. Two (or more) things cannot occupy the same three-dimensional space. Ergo, I have to exit the elevator before your dumb ass can enter.

I’m astounded that in 2022 there are still morons who don’t know/practice proper elevator etiquette. Dumbasses think the door opening is a GD drag strip Christmas light tree hitting green and they gotta sprint in before it closes.

It’s simple physics, jackasses. Two (or more) things cannot occupy the same three-dimensional space. Ergo, I have to exit the elevator before your dumb ass can enter.

At least they didn't rip ass on the elevator.

Reactions: _Mav_

Bus and train etiquette is similar. Unfortunately, a select few yahoos on the outside gonna try rushing in before you can get out.

Pretty cool what they can do with contacts these days though. 1-day, blue-blocking, moisture-locking, multifocal, colored toric (aka astigmatic) pieces of Saran-Wrap-thin siliconized plastic at an affordable price? It’s retty damned amazing, tbh.

I, for one, love my 20/30 vision provided by my scleral lenses.

They get goopy midday fogging after 8 hours of use or when I don’t stay hydrated, however. Tough when you’re driving and all of a sudden you can’t see shit.

We’re in this expansive conference room and I’m in a chair against the back wall (sitting in anything other than the back row is for suck ups), and there’s at least 12 feet between my feet and the back row of actual tables…so there’s a LOT of room for people to walk — yet I’d say a good 50% of the idiots walking in front of me pass within 12-18” of my feet (standard shins perpendicular to the ground/legs not extended arrangement). Pisses me off. I may have to trip one of these opto-mofos on general principle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT