ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

I remember being a kid during the early Dale Murphy years and wondering why the Braves were on tv all the time even though they always had a losing record and were never in the hunt. One year I remember them losing over 100 games. Something like 105 games...lost. Hahahaha. I remember thinking how is that even possible and wtf are they on tv all the time???

Of course the answer is Teddy and $$$.

And then came the 90's when they won their division damn near every single year. Some really good teams during that stretch.

Like NBC and Notre Dame—cept ND can eat my ass

My dad like the Cardinals. I think he had some hs buddies that tried out for the team back in the 60's. We never really watched any sports at home though. When I was 5 or 6, we took a trip to St. Louis and saw a game. I didn't care, didn't really know what was going on, but it was cool being in the stadium. Dad bought me a glove that weekend.

Flash forward 30 years or so from that, and me, my brothers, nephew, and dad all went to a Cardinals game. Hot AF that day. We sat in the sun and drank some beers. That was the last time we really got to do anything with dad. After that he was just too sick to do much.

Man Jack f**king Clark was as bad-assed as they came back in the day. Clutch. In his prime I'd as soon have him at the plate with the game on the line as most anybody in the 80s. Pretty much ended Tom Neidenfuer's career with his 3-run shot YOU GOTTA WALK THAT MAN LASORDA in the 85 playoffs. Of course, Tommy was nailing one of the Landers sisters so f**k him.

Even Clark's trot was bad-ass. Slow, choppy steps, arms quasi-flexed the whole way, straight-ahead death stare. Awesome.

Speaking of baseball, remember this pitch by Randy Johnson? [laughing]

giphy.gif

Not a Dodgers fan...but this was one of the best post season HR's of all time and maybe THE best home run trot of all time.

giphy.gif
And it was damn near a half swing, off his front leg only, against one of the greatest, most un-hittable relievers in history at the height of his pitching prowess.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
And Daulton didn't say a damned thing (sure he was unconscious, but still) cause he knew the consequences of choosing to block the plate. Of course having his girlfriend, former Playmate Lynne Austin, soak his cork later that evening helped ease his pain.

s-l300.jpg

“Sure he was unconscious but still”Haha

Lankford was a running back in junior college I think, he Earl Campbelled that fool.

Unfortunately Ray spent too many good years on some awful Cards teams. He could hit it a long way.

Disappointed in you Kook, this is baseball season. You threw out plenty of Pats hate when it was appropriate.
I know it’s baseball season. My team is undefeated. That’s why I posted the :baseball:.

I don’t care about your team prolly cause they suck.

Last pro championship game was the SB where the ****** Pats lost to a journeyman QB and a box of rocks. Enjoy.:cry::football:[poop]

I used to get to go to a Braves game about every summer when I was little. Had my share of braves hats and who couldn’t love a team with Dale Murphy and Bob Horner?
Missed this earlier, but Bob Horner was one of my baseball idols in HS (along with Jim Rice). Compact, powerful swing. Told Ted Turner to kiss his ass when he tried to send him to Triple A. Plus he rocked the best hardball honkey-fro since Don Sutton.

photos.medleyphoto.9055695.jpg

Missed this earlier, but Bob Horner was one of my baseball idols in HS (along with Jim Rice). Compact, powerful swing. Told Ted Turner to kiss his ass when he tried to send him to Triple A. Plus he rocked the best hardball honkey-fro since Don Sutton.

photos.medleyphoto.9055695.jpg
Probably mentioned this before, but I was in attendance for his 4 homer game. Damn near had 5.

Can’t have two teams.
Meh, maybe. I’m a baseball fan first, and they’re the best that ever was. Gotta appreciate the history. Reds are my boys, though. Baseball and college basketball are the only sports I have any real emotional attachment too. It’s fun to poke at Pats fans on the rare occasion that they lose (although it’s becoming a bit more common) but damnit if they aren’t fun to watch.

Meh, maybe. I’m a baseball fan first, and they’re the best that ever was. Gotta appreciate the history. Reds are my boys, though. Baseball and college basketball are the only sports I have any real emotional attachment too. It’s fun to poke at Pats fans on the rare occasion that they lose (although it’s becoming a bit more common) but damnit if they aren’t fun to watch.
I’ll allow it.

damn, Miss St ended Louiville's season by beating them in football in a bowl game, beating the boys in basketball in the NIT and the girls beating them in the final four of the women's NCAA. congrats to the bulldogs!

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT