ADVERTISEMENT

More Reeves Updates- this A.M.

stopped reading after your first sentence.. YOU went strawman, red herring and hyperbole all at once. I never said ANY ONE acted like he was the best player ever. When you can act like adult, we'll converse
Uhh you said in your post some are acting like he is the best ever.

Reactions: Cats192
If its true he & his dad have not been answering the phone from staff, to hell with him. let him be hoooosher

Reactions: Fox2monk
So do you want to enter the season will all freshmen and 2 guys who never played and assume they will all be better?
wow, you read that?
Im pretty dang sure.. I wrote I was disproving some myths about how good he actual is. and I also put I want him back
but that's ok... illiteracy can be solved

stopped reading after your first sentence.. YOU went strawman, red herring and hyperbole all at once. I never said ANY ONE acted like he was the best player ever. When you can act like adult, we'll converse
This is at the very end of YOUR post that I quoted:

"EDIT: this is not to bash the guy, but some off you act like he is the best ever..."

Copied and pasted.
How exactly is that not saying people are acting like he's the best ever? It's your actual words. It's in your post. It's in my quote post.

Maybe read your own post and then YOU can act like an adult?

wow, you read that?
Im pretty dang sure.. I wrote I was disproving some myths about how good he actual is. and I also put I want him back
but that's ok... illiteracy can be solved
Same for you since you denied saying something that you really said?

If its true he & his dad have not been answering the phone from staff, to hell with him. let him be hoooosher

Yeah, its one thing to not answer the call or text right away but some level of communication is expected.

Reeves must either really not want to be a leader or fear the competition or something. I can't imagine at this point its a money issue.

I think he's afraid he won't play enough to showcase his talents to Israel or Russia or wherever he is going n a year. He can play 40 mins and it would only hurt his nba stock.

It is a given that we have 120 minutes at the 1, 2 and 3 and have 3 freshmen that may play 90 of those or close to it. If reeves can get 28 to 30 idk why he wouldn't return.

Of course that means no shep, no thiero, at those positions with minutes. People that want reeves back need to understand that.

Uhh you said in your post some are acting like he is the best ever.
ah... the very last sentence some of you act like he is the best ever.
You got me... you took that away from the entire post I made
I apologize you did not hyperbole... but still strawman and red herring

If this was a high school kid I would understand him being immature.Reeves is a grown man and needs to announce one way or the other.

ah... the very last sentence some of you act like he is the best ever.
You got me... you took that away from the entire post I made
I apologize you did not hyperbole... but still strawman and red herring
I don't get why you're acting like that's a ridiculous take away.

In general, people "take away" the first thing you say and the last thing you say. Your last sentence is generally considered the conclusion--or what you what people to take away.

If this was a high school kid I would understand him being immature.Reeves is a grown man and needs to announce one way or the other.
I've been more forgiving to Reeves than most, but even I'm kind of irritated at this point.

He wanted more NIL money, Kentucky is coming up with this whole non-collective collective thing.

I have to believe he got offered what he was after. And now he's likely leveraging us against other schools. I get wanting the most money, but if Cal met your ask and you still don't want to be here--just announce it and move on.

Some of the Reeve's myths....
. He didn't play much for many games...
Only four games under 20 mins: 19, 15, 17 and 14
Only seven games from 20-25 minutes: 22, 20, 24, 24, 22, 21, 19

. He was a great shooter, and clutch in big games , and consistent

EIGHTEEN games of shooting 33.3 % or less from the three point line
NINE of those games were against "clutch or big game " opponents

33.3% (1-3) and 1- 7 overall vs MSU (Loss in overtime)
28.6% (2-7) and 4-13 overall vs Gonzaga (Loss),
33.3% (1-3) and 3-7 overall vs Yale (Win)
25% (2-8) and 2-13 overall vs UCLA (Loss)
28.6% (2-7) and 4-11 overall vs FAMU (Win)
0% (0-3) and 3-6 overall vs Mizz (loss)
0% (0-2) and 1-4 overall vs UL (win)
0% (0-1) and 0-1 overall vs LSU (win) and those three games are also his lowest minute games (15, 17, 14)
20% (1-5) and 6-13 overall vs SC (loss)
33.3% (3-9) and 4-10 overall vs Tenn (win)
20% (1-5) and 4-11 overall vs GA (win)
0% (0-3) and 3-9 overall vs Kansas (loss)
0% (0-0) and 2-5 overall vs Fla (win) next game after his monster game against Ole Miss
25% (1-4) and 4-12 overall vs Ark (win) the next game after that
33.3% (1-3) and 3-8 overall vs Tenn (win)
33.3% (2-6) and 3-14 overall vs FL (win)
12.5% (1-8) and 4-17 overall vs Vandy (loss)
10% (1-10) and 1-5 overall vs KSU (loss)

EDIT: this is not to bash the guy, but some off you act like he is the best ever...
This is a great breakdown. Outside of the Arky game, I had the impression that he faded against good competition

Last I heard he was supposed to announce Tuesday he was coming back, but haven't seen anything saying that.

Does anyone have any insight?

BBN, collectively waiting for the Reeves news:

giphy.gif

If it were April/Early May, I could understand the logic of just saying "Screw it!" and moving onto someone else. But in the middle of June who is left at Reeves' position that wouldn't look like an obvious downgrade? (at least on paper) Might as well keep trying until the end if you're Cal/The Kentucky staff.
Certainly understand everyone's frustration though, as I'm done checking Twitter/Message Boards every 5 minutes to see if there's an update on the situation at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT