ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Bamba exposed by brother

Any of you thinking this doesn't happen with every single elite recruit, you are completely oblivious. This is the game.

It is not every single recruit, but it is more than the average fan would care to know. It's college basketball's not so secret, dirty little secret.
And I assure you, more than Texas, Bamba and Greer would like the brother to keep his mouth closed.
I think the brother is more likely to implicate himself...but may try to throw others under the bus along the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Ibrahim Johnson, who is currently facing court dates for five separate felony and misdemeanor charges in five states (FL, NY, SC, OH, and IL),

Christ, that's the type of rap sheet of a movie character. And it's not like it;s 5 surrounding states.. he's wanted everywhere other than the West Coast.. [laughing]
It's amazing how unalike some brothers and sisters can be.

For him to do that to his own brother shows you cannot trust the guy. Why would you go out and hurt your brother on a national level like that and ruin his chance of success? It obviously shows that he cannot be trusted so who knows who is telling the truth.

I just can't trust a person that would go out of his way to hurt his own family.
Yeah, the next family barbeque is going to be very awkward. Mo is going to get paid in the NBA regardless, but it looks like one of Mo's brothers is now going to be on the outside looking in.

Mo Bamba will never play college basketball just based on what has come out of this mans mouth regardless. No way, no how.

Can you elaborate? WHy is it not possible that Cal saw something fishy? Granted, It seemed we were in on him until the end.. but who knows.

Also, when has he been a loose cannon? Who is he taking down with him?

The loose cannon comment refers to the brother.
I don't know that he has ability to "take down" anyone. But basketball recruiting is an ugly landscape, and this is a very prominent recruit w/ a brother openly talking about that ugly side.
It is possible Cal sensed something fishy, but you are right about uk seemingly being on him until the end.

Last edited:
Michigan is warming up the paper shredder and erasing hard drives and phones right about now if they're smart.

I would imagine you could find a guy like this close to nearly every elite kid. Odd that it's family, but I'm going to need way more than this before I start throwing stones at Mo Bamba.

I think he's a really bright kid who's wired a little differently. If he had been for sale, I believe he'd be somewhere besides Texas. The prior relationship with Shaka makes more sense than believing he was bought.

But if we've seen it, you know everyone else has and this will be looked into, so we'll see. Just don't think it's fair to jump all over the kid based on this alone. If there's anything to it, more will come out.
For him to do that to his own brother shows you cannot trust the guy. Why would you go out and hurt your brother on a national level like that and ruin his chance of success? It obviously shows that he cannot be trusted so who knows who is telling the truth.

I just can't trust a person that would go out of his way to hurt his own family.
Lol,, I'd do something like that to some of my family. Would be that,, or kill them..

That's an interesting comment, based on some of your previous comments about white people.
He comes across nervous in front of the camera. He
http://www.huroncapital.com/team/huron-management/deal-execution/g-greer-love-vice-president

IU and UM grad according to this.

Also I can see where this dude is coming from regarding the devil eyes.

Greer_Love.jpg

He also does not look like he is old enough to drive.
Your killing me smalls! Isn't that the chubby kid from the sandlot?

Reactions: Lempface
This will never stick. If Bamba had chosen UK, it would have. NCAA will just turn their heads on this story.

Reactions: Mike-D
I don't think Greer was behind the scenes in the recruiting process, and the revelation of his involvement likely isn't anything new. It's the allegations of improprieties that the brother is trying to use do damage.
But I have heard similar suggestions- that is was the brother seeking benefits.
It wouldn't be shocking if he began chirping about those he believed were willing to cooperate.
In the end, I doubt this goes anywhere bc the source can be so easily discredited. But he could make a stink.

Guilty or not if Bamba had of come here he would automatically been convicted as would Cal. So I'm glad he didn't. This has also opened my eyes to alot of comments that he may be a bit of a me first kind of player and not open to the servant leadership roll Cal likes in his players. Either way lots of speculation. Depending on the situation we don't know what roll his brother had in his life. The counter attack with the brothers record is a bit defensive. The rise above approach would probably be the best course. Of action. However I would lay money that Cal isn't fond handlers and seems like Mo has one and possibly two when we were recruiting him. So I wouldn't be surprised if Cal wasn't a little cautious

Nope, the man had a relationship with Bamaba since 3rd grade before he became a prospect and in the ncaa law book it is not against the NCAA laws for him to give him money and gifts.

Long story short? I'd hate the long version.

And did Cal dodge another bullet?
the

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Ibrahim Johnson, who is currently facing court dates for five separate felony and misdemeanor charges in five states (FL, NY, SC, OH, and IL),

Christ, that's the type of rap sheet of a movie character. And it's not like it;s 5 surrounding states.. he's wanted everywhere other than the West Coast.. [laughing]

sanctuary cities

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The only thing that kinda "surprised" me , is .. I didn't know bamba said he "wanted a building named after him" after only a year of playing . I mean I'm not sayin I didn't (don't ?) want him but that's kinda pompous ... many may think it but most don't say it like he did lol

I believe every word of it. When you turn on your family like that in some circles, it breeds revenge. He may not play in college, but if he's that good, he'll still make his money in the NBA. Problem is, he'll probably disown his family by then if he hasn't already. And that's too bad.

Not true. He man had a relationship with bamab wayyyyy before he became a prospect. This is less than nothing
Not if it looks like he was trying to use money and gifts to influence him in any way. If he is just giving him things because of a long standing relationship that is one thing. However if it is determined that the gifts were enticements to influence any decisions he is making the it is a violation relationship or not. Have a hard time believing he maintained that relationship in 4th 5th and
6th grade. Plus I am willing to bet he wasn't throwing gifts and money their way until Mo was an established prospect. So it's not that cut and dry.

Bamba is right to distance himself from this fool, blood or not. Seems like he is making good decisions and tightening his inner circle and filling it with professionals. And Bamba has known the alleged benefit provider for over half his life. Really is nothing to see here except a fool being a fool.

This does always go back to the big issue, pay these kids something. They generate way.to much for their schools and the joke that is the NCAA

It is not every single recruit, but it is more than the average fan would care to know. It's college basketball's not so secret, dirty little secret.
And I assure you, more than Texas, Bamba and Greer would like the brother to keep his mouth closed.
I think the brother is more likely to implicate himself...but may try to throw others under the bus along the way.

Every single Elite recruit...5 star/top 20...yeah, it does.

The more I think about this and read about it, the more I have absolutely no problem with it.

Bamba has known Love and been mentored by him since the 4th grade. As others have noted, that's a pre-existing relationship and Love can help the kid out financially.

Sounds like Bamba is trying to get some separation from a messed up family situation and Love is helping him do that.

The fact the mother and brother went down to Texas expecting to get taken care of and Bamba told them to go home and wait a year sounds to me like he was trying to do the right thing.

Love planning to hook Bamba up with a legitimate agent instead of some shyster his admitted petty criminal brother had lined up sounds like a good thing.

Sounds like a combination of jealousy cause he knows his little brother is about to be rich, resentment because he was planning to leech off of him for the rest of his life, racism cause he resents the fact it's a white dude that is mentoring his brother, a healthy dose of stupidity, and more than a touch of crazy.

You may not have a problem with it, but the NCAA sure does.

I don't have a problem with it either, I couldn't care less if these guys get agents in school and get benefits, but it's clearly against the rules.

You may not have a problem with it, but the NCAA sure does.

I don't have a problem with it either, I couldn't care less if these guys get agents in school and get benefits, but it's clearly against the rules.

Against the rules how ? If the dude knew bamba since he was like 9... and was a "mentor" or friend to him for the last 10 years... why is he not allowed to buy him a bed or TV?

He's a Michigan alum? Bamba went to Texas .

I'm still kinda up in the air on all this but I don't think anything comes from this unless more comes out. If this is all there is - a rouge Facebook live video - NCAA won't do a damn thing. Bank on it

Against the rules how ? If the dude knew bamba since he was like 9... and was a "mentor" or friend to him for the last 10 years... why is he not allowed to buy him a bed or TV?

He's a Michigan alum? Bamba went to Texas .

I'm still kinda up in the air on all this but I don't think anything comes from this unless more comes out. If this is all there is - a rouge Facebook live video - NCAA won't do a damn thing. Bank on it

If the sports agent stuff is true, that's a big no-no....and there is absolutely a limit to what non-family members can buy for someone. I know it sucks, but it's the rule.

This does always go back to the big issue, pay these kids something. They generate way.to much for their schools and the joke that is the NCAA
None of this occurred while Bamba was in college so your argument is invalid.

None of this occurred while Bamba was in college so your argument is invalid.

Are you serious? Dude, any gifts, money etc, in high school jeopardizes a players amateur status. It doesn't have to be in college :flushed:

NCAA looks at every relationship a kid has had in HS: AAU coaches, HS coaches, any advisors etc.

If he's had a relationship with the guy since 3rd grade then from what I understand the rules deem the guy can give him whatever he wants.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting that though.

ADVERTISEMENT