ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Bamba exposed by brother

If he's had a relationship with the guy since 3rd grade then from what I understand the rules deem the guy can give him whatever he wants.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting that though.

That's my thinking as well. Perhaps (seriously) someone with more knowledge of the rules can elaborate?

From my understanding the dudes known MO for a decade ... so I'm not sure if MO or Texas can get in any trouble Bc he bought him a bed and a TV?

Nope, the man had a relationship with Bamaba since 3rd grade before he became a prospect and in the ncaa law book it is not against the NCAA laws for him to give him money and gifts.

the

No he didn't. This is a quote from somebody fro their neighborhood. Below is what he posted

"Longtime Mentor"

The gall of these snakes. Mo did have genuine mentors, and they practically raised the kid, turned him into a top player, and this dude came and did the divide and conquer maneuvers. The game is so disgusting.

I got the full story today... fam, when I say this shyt is heartbreaking, I mean it's heartbreaking. If I told you the OG vision vs. how things played out... enough to make you believe what they say about devils, and money being the root of all evil.

No he didn't. This is a quote from somebody fro their neighborhood

"Longtime Mentor"

The gall of these snakes. Mo did have genuine mentors, and they practically raised the kid, turned him into a top player, and this dude came and did the divide and conquer maneuvers. The game is so disgusting.

I got the full story today... fam, when I say this shyt is heartbreaking, I mean it's heartbreaking. If I told you the OG vision vs. how things played out... enough to make you believe what they say about devils, and money being the root of all evil. Let me know if you're interested, I'll PM you the details.

Pretty sure Greer has known bamba since he was like 9 years old.

And you got the "full story" from... the hood? Lol - genuinely intrigued about that one

The only thing that kinda "surprised" me , is .. I didn't know bamba said he "wanted a building named after him" after only a year of playing . I mean I'm not sayin I didn't (don't ?) want him but that's kinda pompous ... many may think it but most don't say it like he did lol
I think that statement could be taken two completely different ways:

~~~"I'm only going to sign with a place if they treat me like a king, on the order of naming a building after me."

OR

~~~"Wherever I go, I'm going to play my heart out and win a lot, make them love me so much they'll want to name a building after me."

I don't pretend to know the exact words he said or the manner in which they were reported. ....so maybe the second interpretation can't fit the details if you know them all.

All I know for sure is that I've never personally heard any details that rule out the second interpretation. And it's pretty clear to me that even if Bamba had said this in a context that suggested the second interpretation, he absolutely does have the kinds of enemies and detractors who would still be trying to sell people on the first interpretation.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Pretty sure Greer has known bamba since he was like 9 years old.

And you got the "full story" from... the hood? Lol - genuinely intrigued about that one
Naw I got it from a investor for Merrill Lynch
f46e478aa8968ea2ca90e28ccffa28f0.549x352x73.gif

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I don't believe he's meeting with the NCAA. I think he said that/posted the video hoping someone would pay him to shut up.

Story on KSR says this clown was arrested three times in the month of March alone, with other arrests as well.

I don't know if any of this is true or not, but with it being alleged before the season even started, that Is enough for me to be happy Bamba went elsewhere. I would rather not have to deal with wondering if the kid gets to play or not. I don't care how big of a freak this dude is in the paint, sometimes it just ain't worth dealing with the bs. Even if the NCAA decides to clear Bamba, who knows what type of carp comes out in a few years after Bamba is playing in the NBA. Could you imagine Kentucky winning the national championship with Bamba and then something shady comes out years later? I can't and don't want to think about it. Luckily Cal seems to always find a way to not have to risk it.

After watching that, I have to disagree with some. His brother isn't stupid. He actually seemed to understand matters pretty well. Ok, he's not a master of the king's English, but he made his point. Also, he seemed to look around a lot. Why was that (rhetorical)?

If Tex has anyone like Sandy Bell, Bomba will never see the floor. I don't think the length of time of the relationship has any bearing on any support. You are either a parent, legal guardian or you aren't. Man, I'm glad that kid didn't come to UK.

I don't know if any of this is true or not, but with it being alleged before the season even started, that Is enough for me to be happy Bamba went elsewhere. I would rather not have to deal with wondering if the kid gets to play or not. I don't care how big of a freak this dude is in the paint, sometimes it just ain't worth dealing with the bs. Even if the NCAA decides to clear Bamba, who knows what type of carp comes out in a few years after Bamba is playing in the NBA. Could you imagine Kentucky winning the national championship with Bamba and then something shady comes out years later? I can't and don't want to think about it. Luckily Cal seems to always find a way to not have to risk it.

I don't think it's luck.

I had a cop tell me one time. They catch most of the criminals because cops do what they do all day every day. They are experts in crime. (Most criminals are not.)

Cal does what he does all day every day and is a student of the game and of people as he is so devoted with changing lives. I think he spots things many people including other coaches do not. jmuo

[laughing] the racist tones by some of you are so obvious.

Just come out and say what you're thinking.

Whole situation sucks, sounds like the Greer guy thought the brother would mess with his financial interests and hatched a plan to weed him out.
Racist? The only one racist is the half brother who comes off like a total idiot. He was the jackass that kept using the "N" word. It's hard to fix stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT