ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Bamba exposed by brother

You must be racist to have deduced that, because I'm sure not.
giphy.gif

I'm glad he didn't come to UK so I won't have to worry all summer if this is true and he wouldn't be able to play.

Reactions: TM2013
Didn't watch the whole video but got the gist from first five minutes. Can someone explain why Greer Love, who has no connections to Texas, would push him to Texas?
How do you know he has no connections to Texas? He could be Smart's financial advisor for all we know.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Didn't watch the whole video but got the gist from first five minutes. Can someone explain why Greer Love, who has no connections to Texas, would push him to Texas?
It didn't sound to me like he did. It sounded like he just wanted to make sure he got a chunk when Bamba got paid and that he chose the agent he wanted him to. As if he was going to get a kickback or something. So he was buying him trips and giving him money etc. No matter where he went to school, that would make him ineligible.

Again, that's assuming anything this guy said has any shred of truth.

I mean maybeeeeee it is all true , and ya I was peeved that Bamba went to freaking Texas ??? Over us ... but I just hate to make the kid a pariah , or label him a "thug" as some have said ... only based on this dudes shoddy Facebook live video

Idk, maybe I'm being a softie lol

Reactions: jameslee32
I would imagine you could find a guy like this close to nearly every elite kid. Odd that it's family, but I'm going to need way more than this before I start throwing stones at Mo Bamba.

I think he's a really bright kid who's wired a little differently. If he had been for sale, I believe he'd be somewhere besides Texas. The prior relationship with Shaka makes more sense than believing he was bought.

But if we've seen it, you know everyone else has and this will be looked into, so we'll see. Just don't think it's fair to jump all over the kid based on this alone. If there's anything to it, more will come out.

Personal / Interests: Greer remains actively involved in “Locke’s Lions”, an academic and athletic mentorship program for students who attended Public School 208 in Harlem. He is a sports nut who will play almost anything with a score, but his most significant athletic achievement is finishing runner-up at the University Of MIchigan's all-campus intramural ping pong championship in both singles and doubles. Unfortunately there were no points for second place.
Huh, Michigan on Bambas list was always a head scratcher good school or not...

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true.I just thought there was something odd about the Texas decision.He seemed so close with Green and Diallo and it seemed weird he all of a sudden chose Texas.I guess we will see if any evidence comes out.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true.I just thought there was something odd about the Texas decision.He seemed so close with Green and Diallo and it seemed weird he all of a sudden chose Texas.I guess we will see if any evidence comes out.

I think the relationship with Smart had a lot to do with his decision.

And I mean... granted Uk (imo) is the best place to go if you're wanting to get to the NBA asap and be prepared... developed etc

But fultz proved (and that's just this year ) you can go to.a "meh" school , said school suck and still be a top pick and make millions $

It's not like he chose South Dakota St university lol , ya know ?

(Just discussing ; not being abrasive ). :)

Long story long...

I think this happens far more often than schools paying to get recruits these days. People in finance, whether it be financial advisors or lawyers/agents, have an interest in young people with potentially millions of dollars in future income.

That being said, there are so many things wrong with the video and the guy telling the story. I will wait to see how it shakes out, but if true, the punishment should be on the advisors taking advantage of young people.

We should have known the way Bamba operates when he publically said he wants the college he attends to name a building after him.

He wants to be the face of the program, not just one member of an elite Kentucky fraternity.

Not particularly related to this brother issue, but it was pretty clear his wish wasn't going to come true at UK.

Last edited:
Soooo glad we didn't get Bamba now. Even if nothing comes of this, we'd have spent the next four months fretting over whether Bamba was going to be eligible.

I'm thinking this story is true. Way too many details for this guy to be making this up on the fly. It's a jerk move but he realized Mo wasn't going to leave "the gate" open for the family to walk through and benefit from his $$$ and he's bitter, but that don't mean he's making this up.

So off his Facebook he makes sure to state that Texas didn't pay Mo any money so that they don't get hit with sanctions. Also says a white man stole his brother away. This is going to be a train wreck after it's all done. Obviously Texas is going to wait to see if he gets cleared before playing him though I'm sure the NCAA will fast track the investigation as much as possible. Let's not forget that Rose was cleared by the NCAA to begin with and we know what happened after that

I call BS. This doesn't sound real. Sounds like sour grapes.

In every interview, Bamba has seemed like a very smart, thoughtful kid. I would be shocked if these allegations were true.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Why would you do that to your brother? Your brother is forever your brother. That dude will be out of his life in a few years.

Some said Bamba went to UT because of his GF. Maybe that GF used to be the Bro's Boo. :D

I don't know much about Mo, just the press clippings that paint him as a solid and bright young man. But I don't think his brother appears very solid or bright.

Hope these accusations are without merit.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Are we the ONLY program playing by the rules??

We are getting royally screwed over by a bunch of cheats!
  • hookers
  • fake classes and ignored extra benefits
  • a ref that is either on the take or hates Cal/UK
  • disciplinary (criminal) activities
  • ignored special benefits (necklaces/jobs)
  • possible more extra benefits at Texas now!
I'm sure I'm missing some more but I'm talking about the programs at UK's level (or close) but this is completely tainted.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I bet the truth lies somewhere in the middle concerning Bamba being a "nasty n****" toward his family.

He is probably receiving advice from this Greer fella, and it rubbed brother the wrong way, but he is young and naive.

Wouldn't be surprised about the gifts though, seems like it would be pretty hard to make all that up on the fly. Should be pretty easy to check out since their was a cross country flight involved.

Reactions: jrpross
I think it's sketch as hell for his "brother" to do that on Facebook live. Don't buy any of it honestly. But hey Texas isn't the cleanest program ever

Well if you guys pay attention. bamba was a bit arrogant at times. Kinda took a any school can get you there attitude by the end of the all Star game. Would roll his eyes and act like he was just playing the game when he was asked certain questions. Not saying this makes him guilty of anything. But it does come across like he has a handler who is a bit influencial and if so I'm glad he didn't come here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT