ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Nice to finally have a 6 9 stretch 4. Of course Terrance Jones was terrific but Mitchell’s style reminds me of another Cat, Scott Padgett. He could hit the three when asked.

Scott was a tough hombre. Good screener with great hands. Could pick and pop as well as rebound. Clutch player.

Hope Mitchell is as tough.

Let me tell y’all something… this cat Mitchell… he has some swagger to him. He’s a very smooth dude out there. Cold blooded. Expressionless, in a Tay Prince sort of way. Just a sly smirk as he drains threes in your eye. That backdoor pass to Wagner was nasty. This kid knows how to play the game. I’m excited.

Huge addition late in the game. Loved the range he showed with his ability to knock down the 3 and brings the Cats a much needed veteran presence beyond Reeves.
He could honestly be the difference this year. We desperately needed a veteran who can play that position well. He’s very good.

Maybe finally having one will convince Cal that it’s needed every year now for a good style of play. Cal needs to send Huggins a case of Whiskey for sending us 2 ballers.
I see no reason why we couldn't have a dynamic player at all 5 spots every year. This is UK, but for some reason, we have had some really subpar players getting starters minutes here the last 5-6 years.

Sarr was badly used, he has played pretty well and has a solid NBA career going. I don’t think Calipari ever knew how to best us
Early on I was worried that I was getting some Sarr vibes but he quickly got rid of that, thank God.
Kinda what he was yesterday was Sarrs who hit his outside shot. If his outside shot starts missing what he ain't is a banger down low who overpowers and gets boards. But he is upperclassman. and Glad we have him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think he handles the ball better than Padgett but his shot and range is just like him. He got boards and a block against a bigger front court last night. So I think he will battle when needed. It will be hard to get a starting 5 out there.

Adou should start, mitchell should start, (most say Bradshaw should start), Edwards should start, DJ (Starting), Reed making a case to start, Reeves (Starting). That is 7 to make the 5. I think this is your main 7 man to start the season if Bradshaw is ready. Add Ugo in there plus Dilly and you have a solid 9 guys. Good problem to have.

BBN needs to send Huggins a nice thank you card. Mitchell seems like a player we’ve been wanting for awhile now.

Think Mitchell will be an upgrade over Toppin?
Jacob was a heck of an athlete but inconsistent. Good guy.
Too early to tell.

Think Mitchell will be an upgrade over Toppin?
Jacob was a heck of an athlete but inconsistent. Good guy.
Too early to tell.
I believe Mitchell is an improvement. He's thick enough to slide over and play the 5 and has been consistent making jump shots and free throws most of his career.

I see no reason why we couldn't have a dynamic player at all 5 spots every year. This is UK, but for some reason, we have had some really subpar players getting starters minutes here the last 5-6 years.
I agree.

Don’t know why Cal got away from his formula - just size wise - from his 2012 title team?

Stick with that type of team frame build out physically and mentally. Obviously not going to get that type of talent every year but stay with the framework size wise and skill set as much as possible. It won you a title. Jones 6 9 pf MKG 6 7 wing both stout, Miller 6 6 wing, Teague 6 2 pg, Lamb 6 4 sg AD 6 10 thin but mobile.

Like I said can’t get that much talent every year but that was Cal’s title team size wise. We’ve recruited away from that model size wise too much leaving holes in our roster. Stay within your successful model as much as possible. You won with it.

Interesting to think if that 2012 team could play the 4 out style people are clamoring for now. I think they could easily.

I agree.

Don’t know why Cal got away from his formula - just size wise - from his 2012 title team?

Stick with that type of team frame build out physically and mentally. Obviously not going to get that type of talent every year but stay with the framework size wise and skill set as much as possible. It won you a title. Jones 6 9 pf MKG 6 7 wing both stout, Miller 6 6 wing, Teague 6 2 pg, Lamb 6 4 sg AD 6 10 thin but mobile.

Like I said can’t get that much talent every year but that was Cal’s title team size wise. We’ve recruited away from that model size wise too much leaving holes in our roster. Stay within your successful model as much as possible. You won with it.

Interesting to think if that 2012 team could play the 4 out style people are clamoring for now. I think they could easily.

Could not agree more. Cal kept striking out on the top wing players, so instead of going and getting the guys who were a notch below but had skills like shooting and defense (Ala Darius Miller or Deandre Liggins), he settled for guys like Gabriel, Whitney, Brooks, Toppin, etc. who were highly rated and athletic but couldn’t shoot or defend. Recipe for disaster these last several seasons.

I agree.

I think Cal missed on a lot of his main targets once Antiqua left and he also mis-evaluated the guys he had to settle on.

But there is simply no excuse for the guards Cal brought in and relied on since the Fox/Monk team.

Hagans and Wheeler are really baffling to me. He made that mistake twice with each one of those guys. I mean, you have to put Maxey at pg, you have to put Tyty at the 1 and you absolutely can't bring Wheeler back in year 2 as the primary pg and not bring in another star pg.

Then there's Askew… my Goodness, I have no idea what Cal saw there.

Cal was in a recruiting funk for 5 or 6 years there, hopefully he's done bringing in non UK caliber guys.

Reactions: Kybluedude
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT