ADVERTISEMENT

McKinley Wright -Colorado

IDK - just odd and feels like we are chasing the latest shiny object.
Yes, it feels that way - but there’s no way of knowing whether that feeling is legitimate. It seems we’re chasing 100 kids because of all the “reports” associating individual transfers with UK. But it’s not like Kentucky ever affirms that - we don’t put out an official list of kids we’re “chasing”. I think it was Sam Vicenie who tweeted last week about 93% of kids entering the portal think they’ll end up at Kentucky. Kids still want to have their name linked to UK, despite the awful season. So, there’s a bunch of people actively trying to get the word out that Kentucky wants so and so, when it’s entirely contrived.

Reactions: struggler
No disrespect on this guy - more a comment in general about this transfer portal stuff....

I feel like I am thrift store shopping with my daughters.... Like looking for a Brooks Brothers Suit in a rack full of 20 year old Hagger and Stafford by JC Penney suits. Then I get excited when I find a 5 year old suit from Dillards because it's the "Best" of what is there... but then realize it's still not a BB suit.

IDK - just odd and feels like we are chasing the latest shiny object.

You must love how many stars are next to a recruits name.

A better analogy is half the pair of new designer shoes you buy are pieces of crap that fall apart in 6 weeks or hurt your feet, so you go find a good pair of comfortable shoes that look great but don’t have the name brand.

This guy is the first of the PGs we have reached out to get me excited. Of course, can't get too excited since he isn't even in the portal. However, keep seeing things about the biggest transfer of the year that might not be in the portal yet. I watched him in a few games this year and thought he was explosive and had a good handle.

As far as reaching out there is always a chance he is reaching out to Cal to gauge interest before leaving his school. Or like someone else said having someone in his circle reach out to gauge interest before deciding to leave.

Kyle Tucker on Dan Issel/Mike Prat show today insinuated that this is a name to watch for Kentucky. Said he isn't in the portal yet but good chance he will be and hinted that KY is working behind the scenes.
If he is not in the portal yet, and KY IS working behind the scene, this will not end well for UK.

NCAA will finally have something they can sink their teeth in and exert their power in making an example for others to see and fear.

Reactions: westerncat
If he is not in the portal yet, and KY IS working behind the scene, this will not end well for UK.

NCAA will finally have something they can sink their teeth in and exert their power in making an example for others to see and fear.
Not necessarily. Maybe his dad called Cal. Maybe his coach called Cal. No one knows.

Reactions: Fox2monk
People talking about transfers we got almost 30 years ago don't get it. You aren't getting DA as a transfer these days. He's going pro. Pope isn't coming for two seasons. You're getting them for maybe one season. That's it.
Very intelligent post.

People talking about transfers we got almost 30 years ago don't get it. You aren't getting DA as a transfer these days. He's going pro. Pope isn't coming for two seasons. You're getting them for maybe one season. That's it.
Any chance we can get Steph Curry to transfer in?

Reactions: SmedMoley
This guy is the first of the PGs we have reached out to get me excited. Of course, can't get too excited since he isn't even in the portal. However, keep seeing things about the biggest transfer of the year that might not be in the portal yet. I watched him in a few games this year and thought he was explosive and had a good handle.
Was thinking all the same stuff. Hope we get him.

Not necessarily. Maybe his dad called Cal. Maybe his coach called Cal. No one knows.
True. But that's not what he wrote. His dad or someone calling Cal vs. Kentucky working behind the scenes are totally two different things.

Marcus Carr,Adam Miller can play either,Faulkner but I don't know if he's a point or 2 guard.
I’ll give you Marcus Carr (still don’t know if I’ve seen anything officially reported that we reached out). The other guys I don’t believe are being recruited as a PG. The reason I make this point, is because there seems to be common perception that Cal is reaching out to everyone to play PG, but really we don’t know where’s going at the position. The view that he’s scrambling is IMO inaccurate based on the facts.

Reactions: University-6
I'd like to add, that it's not happening for ANYONE right now, really. Duke somehow is holding onto a G-league player, and Gonzaga is the hot program (for now).. but no one is just rattling off 3 or 4 top10 kids anymore. This is just where the game is going. In due time, the top10 guys, largely won't be going to college. Maybe a few every season, maybe some bought. But you're just not going to get these top10 guys to play for free when the G-league is expanding and offering half million dollar contract.

Nix made something like $200-300k for his one year. He wasn't even a top10 guy.
Duke fans believe they are getting Baldwin . I really hope they’re wrong.

True. But that's not what he wrote. His dad or someone calling Cal vs. Kentucky working behind the scenes are totally two different things.
How? If Cal talked to his dad or a representative that is behind the scenes. Talking directly to the player would be upfront.

How? If Cal talked to his dad or a representative that is behind the scenes. Talking directly to the player would be upfront.
It is a Level 2 violation for a coach to reach out to a specific players "handlers" in an effort to recruit that player if the player is not in the portal.

But damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead. NCAA is turning a blind eye to everything right now. Afraid they will get canceled and lose their multi million dollar golden goose..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT