ADVERTISEMENT

McKinley Wright -Colorado

Ast% nearly 37%
BPM 10.2
PER 24.9
WS 5.9
TOV% a career best only 13.7(per 100 plays) and he handles the ball a ton.
eFG% 51.8

I watched CO play a few times this year and the kid was impressive when I watched. I was hoping he would enter the portal cuz it’s been rumored damn near all season with him....hope we make a move on him.

In 2020 Mckinley was also voted to the All-defense team in the Pac-12 as well. All-Pac 12 1st team in 2021. Overall a 3x All-Pac 12 player after being an all-Pac 12 Freshmen. This young man is very accomplished.

*forgot to mention. He's 6th all-time in the Pac-12's history for total assists with 683 over his 4 seasons.

If McKinley Wright comes available, we need to lose everybody else's number.

That's what I was thinking.. he has to become the top transfer right? Or at least right there with Kessler.

Not the best 3pt shooter but IDC about that with Grady and Allen on the wings. But his other shooting percentages are solid and almost rocks a 3:1 AtoTO ratio.

It's so odd that I'm hoping and praying one of guys from Colorado,Minnesota,or Creighton transfers so we can have a good season.Not what I was expecting once Cal came here.
Change isn’t easy. But it’s happening. I don’t give Cal a pass on what happened here last season, as it’s on his shoulders. But, we will get back.

In 2020 Mckinley was also voted to the All-defense team in the Pac-12 as well. All-Pac 12 1st team in 2021. Overall a 3x All-Pac 12 player after being an all-Pac 12 Freshmen. This young man is very accomplished.

*forgot to mention. He's 6th all-time in the Pac-12's history for total assists with 683 over his 4 seasons.
Like that compliment to his defense as well.

He looks really good in this highlight mixtape. Obviously, he has penetration and distribution skills that most on the board would like to see here. He kinda reminds me of Rondo ...

No disrespect on this guy - more a comment in general about this transfer portal stuff....

I feel like I am thrift store shopping with my daughters.... Like looking for a Brooks Brothers Suit in a rack full of 20 year old Hagger and Stafford by JC Penney suits. Then I get excited when I find a 5 year old suit from Dillards because it's the "Best" of what is there... but then realize it's still not a BB suit.

IDK - just odd and feels like we are chasing the latest shiny object.

His numbers look great. Not just last year, but over his whole career. He's 22 years old. If he is as good as his number looks (and as people say he is), why is he not entering the draft?

Reactions: westerncat
His numbers look great. Not just last year, but over his whole career. He's 22 years old. If he is as good as his number looks (and as people say he is), why is he not entering the draft?

6 foot PG.. so he's already undersized.. and he's already 22, which is actually not a good thing when it comes to being drafted. I imagine he knows that the NBA is a longshot for him.. and/or maybe he needs to prove himself at the highest of levels, playing for a major program in a power conference (where as Colorado is a middling program at a power conference).

That's what I was thinking.. he has to become the top transfer right? Or at least right there with Kessler.

Not the best 3pt shooter but IDC about that with Grady and Allen on the wings. But his other shooting percentages are solid and almost rocks a 3:1 AtoTO ratio.

Yeah, if we were to end up with McKinley Wright and Mintz doesn't come back I'd ideally like to add another transfer who could shoot to help space the floor with Grady and Allen, but a player like that would probably be the closest thing we could get to a sure thing at PG.

Wright, Zegarowski (If he ever actually enters the portal) or Carr. I'd be happy with any one of those three as our PG next season.

No disrespect on this guy - more a comment in general about this transfer portal stuff....

I feel like I am thrift store shopping with my daughters.... Like looking for a Brooks Brothers Suit in a rack full of 20 year old Hagger and Stafford by JC Penney suits. Then I get excited when I find a 5 year old suit from Dillards because it's the "Best" of what is there... but then realize it's still not a BB suit.

IDK - just odd and feels like we are chasing the latest shiny object.
Yes, no, maybe. Who knows really. Transfers can certainly help, we won in 96 with the help of Derek Anderson who transferred from Ohio State. Baylor just won with two transfers from Podunk State.

I don't think anyone would rather be bargain-bin shopping. I would much rather be bringing in the John Wall, DeArron Fox, and Jamal Murray type recruits. But that's just not happening right now, so we have to fill out the roster as best we can.

Yes, no, maybe. Who knows really. Transfers can certainly help, we won in 96 with the help of Derek Anderson who transferred from Ohio State. Baylor just won with two transfers from Podunk State.

I don't think anyone would rather be bargain-bin shopping. I would much rather be bringing in the John Wall, DeArron Fox, and Jamal Murray type recruits. But that's just not happening right now, so we have to fill out the roster as best we can.

I'd like to add, that it's not happening for ANYONE right now, really. Duke somehow is holding onto a G-league player, and Gonzaga is the hot program (for now).. but no one is just rattling off 3 or 4 top10 kids anymore. This is just where the game is going. In due time, the top10 guys, largely won't be going to college. Maybe a few every season, maybe some bought. But you're just not going to get these top10 guys to play for free when the G-league is expanding and offering half million dollar contract.

Nix made something like $200-300k for his one year. He wasn't even a top10 guy.

I'd like to add, that it's not happening for ANYONE right now, really. Duke somehow is holding onto a G-league player, and Gonzaga is the hot program (for now).. but no one is just rattling off 3 or 4 top10 kids anymore. This is just where the game is going. In due time, the top10 guys, largely won't be going to college. Maybe a few every season, maybe some bought. But you're just not going to get these top10 guys to play for free when the G-league is expanding and offering half million dollar contract.

Nix made something like $200-300k for his one year. He wasn't even a top10 guy.
Depending on what happens with NIL rights, then we might get top-10 kids back in college sports. I think they could make a lot more in college than in the G-league. Especially at places like Kentucky were they already have ever game on national television and fans willing to pay for autograph sessions. I am very interested to see what the SCOTUS decision does for the college athletes.

Don’t forget Mark Pope, so we had two important transfers on that team.

ADVERTISEMENT