ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones repeats the lie, UNC didn't break any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a believe it when you see it kind of person , you would be all in on Time magazines anointing Hitler as man of the year despite warnings to the contrary coming from columnists out of Europe . I mean there's no proof he's done anything wrong . You can't see a behavior pattern and extrapolate from that , that type is always shocked when the truth comes out . I wasn't surprised by the UNC scandal , I bet it blew your doors off . They haven't reported a single violation of any kind in decades , even perfect behavior is suspect . You can sit around waiting for physical evidence to reasonably suspect shenanigans , I don't need that to see what's likely .

Wow. Did you really compare Adolph Hitler warnings to random posts on a message board? Your posts are getting more bizarre with each posting. I guess you're saying you are the type of person that believes everything they hear or read as fact without ANY kind of evidence to back it up. Thats a pretty damn gullible way to think about things. I think you're the definition of conspiracy theorist.

I guess you must believe all of the accusations against Cal too, right? I mean, you must if you believe what you are arguing. He must be cheating and paying players because everyone keep saying it. Why would you need any proof? Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true. Right? Or does that not count?

Wow. Did you really compare Adolph Hitler warnings to random posts on a message board? Your posts are getting more bizarre with each posting. I guess you're saying you are the type of person that believes everything they hear or read as fact without ANY kind of evidence to back it up. Thats a pretty damn gullible way to think about things. I think you're the definition of conspiracy theorist.

I guess you must believe all of the accusations against Cal too, right? I mean, you must if you believe what you are arguing. He must be cheating and paying players because everyone keep saying it. Why would you need any proof? Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true. Right? Or does that not count?
Long nights figuring this one out

lifebuzz-7b6b9f90615131954ef17bb12272dd07-limit_2000.jpg

Now I'm all in on the NCAA tampering with certain officials , they would only need a small group to influence the games . Given how they going out of bounds (like the Miami case) and can't connect two dots together like the UNC case , it's obvious they operate with favoritism and given the right opportunities they would obviously like to see some colleges succeed and others not if they can help it . There's no reason to not believe they aren't doing this , look at the blatantly obvious corruption they do engage in . Let's form a hit squad to go after select schools and send alumni to pre warn others , not that it should raise any suspicions .

New article from B. David Ridpath

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidr...ly-out-of-the-academic-business/#56cbffc37624

With regard to academics and the recent NCAA Amended Notice of Allegations in the ongoing and seemingly never ending University of North Carolina academic fraud scandal-Jay and I are in disagreement over how this case should ultimately be adjudicated, but I certainly don’t think he is off base by any stretch on his feelings on the matter. Bilas feels that the UNC case is an accrediting body issue (for UNC that body is the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and not an NCAA issue as the NCAA should not be getting in the business of deciding what courses and curriculum a university should allow.[/entity]

I don't care if Judge Judy decides as long as they hammer those cheating bastards of UNCheat !!!

New article from B. David Ridpath

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavidr...ly-out-of-the-academic-business/#56cbffc37624

With regard to academics and the recent NCAA Amended Notice of Allegations in the ongoing and seemingly never ending University of North Carolina academic fraud scandal-Jay and I are in disagreement over how this case should ultimately be adjudicated, but I certainly don’t think he is off base by any stretch on his feelings on the matter. Bilas feels that the UNC case is an accrediting body issue (for UNC that body is the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and not an NCAA issue as the NCAA should not be getting in the business of deciding what courses and curriculum a university should allow.[/entity]
That is still a total cop out. UNC******** admitted that the classes were fraudulent. The NCAA, if it were not corrupt should ask UNC**** to list out the players who took the ones graded by a secretary that UNC**** has said are fraudulent. #NCAAisCORRUPT #UNCCHEATS and #ESPNisCOMPLICIT. I hate them all. They need to throw out all of their APR punishments and any academic case punishments. They clearly do not have the authority to have any penalties for anything related to academics. Then why should you worry about qualifications to enter the university? The lack of punishment for 18 years of academic fraud is reducto absurdum for any rules on qualifications for admittance or any measure of ongoing progress. The NCAA is an unmitigated dumpster fire whose own goals they deny in an effort to spare a cheating dung heap of a university in UNC*******.

As I have said, UNC has shown how to cheat and get away with it, if all the other D1 schools don't cheat from now on, it's their own dam fault.

Hell, I think they should give them a couple more scholarships and overturn the last second shot by Villanova and say it was after the buzzer.

As I have said, UNC has shown how to cheat and get away with it, if all the other D1 schools don't cheat from now on, it's their own dam fault.

At some point schools and individuals need to decide whether they uphold any dignity. Competing fairly and honestly is not too much to ask for IMO.

If someone chose to, there's nothing stopping them from going into a store and stealing something off the shelf. And in most cases they probably could get away with it. But instead they have some sense of morals, honesty and dignity which prevents them from doing this.

Just because UNC clearly has abandoned their dignity, and have decided to defraud their athletes of an education for 20+ years and try to gain a competitive advantage doing so, doesn't mean other schools should as well. If the NCAA refuses to punish them for it, then the NCAA itself deserves to be punished and/or shut down, as they no longer serve any meaningful purpose.

We have seen time and again warning signs over the years of corruption within the NCAA and a majority dismissed it , that emboldened the NCAA to go on and get even worse . Now you get the culmination of being a passive enabler , some still think it's not abnormal . The worst and most massive cheating in the history of college basketball will be laid at the feet of an insignificant sport , as if they did this for women's basketball .

At some point schools and individuals need to decide whether they uphold any dignity. Competing fairly and honestly is not too much to ask for IMO.

If someone chose to, there's nothing stopping them from going into a store and stealing something off the shelf. And in most cases they probably could get away with it. But instead they have some sense of morals, honesty and dignity which prevents them from doing this.

Just because UNC clearly has abandoned their dignity, and have decided to defraud their athletes of an education for 20+ years and try to gain a competitive advantage doing so, doesn't mean other schools should as well. If the NCAA refuses to punish them for it, then the NCAA itself deserves to be punished and/or shut down, as they no longer serve any meaningful purpose.

This is the heart of the matter. If the NCAA is unable or unwilling to do their job, it is time to move on. The purpose of the NCAA is to make sure all teams are competing on a level playing field. The P5 need to open under new management.

Everyone who's using Georgia or SMU or Syracuse as an example, here's the difference.

THOSE SCHOOLS SELF-REPORTED!!! When caught with undeniable evidence, they did the right thing.

uncheat** did not. They stalled, stone-walled, denied. Basically continued their cheating, immoral ways to avoid punishment. They dared the NCAA to find violations. The NCAA cannot go in to a school and declare its classes to be fraudulent or fake. It is up to the schools to police themselves. Most do a good job, self-reporting the occasional violation; very few ever lie and cheat.

But, having said that, uncheat** does have a bit of integrity. They did find that the women's BB program cheated, and for that will pay a terrible price. But men's BB, not a chance in hell they'll self-report. The Caroline Way. BS.

Then it sounds like they need the death penalty if proven that they broke rules and knew about it..

Then it sounds like they need the death penalty if proven that they broke rules and knew about it..
Louisville was scared to death of not self reporting which I don't think they've officially done yet and self punishing because of how much worse the punishment was supposed to be when you dont.

JPScott, I totally agree, the NCAA is serving no purpose now ! They have been given all the information any jury could need for a conviction on a cheating scandal that has lasted twenty years !! Sadly their answer was to remove the two teams from the NOA the scandal was created for, the men's basketball team first and foremost, then the men's football team secondly. The NCAA has now creditability and I am not sure how they can now punish UofSmell

JPScott, I totally agree, the NCAA is serving no purpose now ! They have been given all the information any jury could need for a conviction on a cheating scandal that has lasted twenty years !! Sadly their answer was to remove the two teams from the NOA the scandal was created for, the men's basketball team first and foremost, then the men's football team secondly. The NCAA has now creditability and I am not sure how they can now punish UofSmell

The strange irony is that this is probably worse for UL. The NCAA just blew their capital letting UNC get off. They are going to be slammed and ridiculed in the media between now and when they decide to punish UL. I imagine the committee will be looking to reestablish their credibility when the decide to punish UL. UL doesn't have the political ties that UNC has so UL will probably pay for their mistakes and UNC's.

Please don't get me wrong, not in my life time would I ever hope one good thing happens for that slimy bunch, and I hope UofSmell gets hammered to the max as well. I just don't see how the NCAA can let UNCheat slide the way they have, then turn around and hit UofSmell very hard.

Please don't get me wrong, not in my life time would I ever hope one good thing happens for that slimy bunch, and I hope UofSmell gets hammered to the max as well. I just don't see how the NCAA can let UNCheat slide the way they have, then turn around and hit UofSmell very hard.
Your point might have some validity if you were talking about an institution that has integrity and used precedent, standard policies and procedures, followed policies, or even acted in the best interest of the student athletes and schools. But you forget we are talking about the NCAA, an institution that has demonstrated time and again it has no such standards and makes every decision seemingly as if that decision was in a vacuum. They have repeatedly demonstrated that what they do in one circumstance has no bearing on what they do the next time. Each event is just another opportunity for them to display their arrogance and unfortunately their authority over major college sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT