ADVERTISEMENT

Cal love on Facebook

Cal has underperformed vs expectations for several years now. We’re currently in the longest streak in the history of Kentucky basketball without a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. It’s really plain to see. Some people won’t see it, don’t waste your time with them.

Hoping for a run in the NCAA tournament here. Early exit this year … boy oh boy. Seat should be on fire.
Look at who gets the 1 seeds though. How many has Kansas got since 2010??? 7 times.
1 title
Gonzaga???
UNC???
1 seed isn't a testament to much except being taken care of by officials in your conf

So your thesis is that it’s better here because it’s mostly righties that hate his politics so bad that they want him not only fired but run out of town.

Irony.
If Ronald Reagan was UK’s coach, went 9-16 and lost to St. Peter’s, etc…I’m voting for the gulags in Siberia!

Last edited:
Look at who gets the 1 seeds though. How many has Kansas got since 2010??? 7 times.
1 title
Gonzaga???
UNC???
1 seed isn't a testament to much except being taken care of by officials in your conf
Downplaying the importance of getting 1 seeds is just another symptom of the lowered expectations so many of our fans have now. We are mired in the longest streak in our history without 1 and it's just no longer important ... alrighty then. Lowered expectations

Ignore em bro, trust me. It's like a Democrat and Republican arguing. Just use Facebook for getting laid. It is astonishingly easy.
So how much do these ladies charge you for caulking your butt? How do you hook up with these facebook women of the night? Ever got an STD from these women? Do you use a rubber? If so, do you put it on your penis or head and run around like a chicken. You seem strange picking women up off Facebook. Do you ever go out to meet new women? Where do you go? I go to Harry’s meet them, treat them, and make sweet passionate love to them. Facebook you don’t need no stinking Facebook. Get out meet people, gettim’ drinkin’, bedim’ and leaveim’. Be a real man man.

Downplaying the importance of getting 1 seeds is just another symptom of the lowered expectations so many of our fans have now. We are mired in the longest streak in our history without 1 and it's just no longer important ... alrighty then. Lowered expectations
I'm not downplaying anything
I'm telling you how many times these teams that get the 1 seed wins
And it hasn't been often

Here's a question for ya
Kansas has 7 1 seeds since 2010
6 elite 8
3 final 4
1 title

U switching that time span with them?
Heck no you aren't.
Truth is 7 1 seed meant nothing

Here's a question for ya
Kansas has 7 1 seeds since 2010
6 elite 8
3 final 4
1 title

U switching that time span with them?
Heck no you aren't.
Truth is 7 1 seed meant nothing
You can pick out ONE team and their history as a one seed and tell me it means nothing which is a terrible misunderstanding of how odds and probability work. But again, this is just a result of lowered expectations. Now let me show you some REAL meaningful statistics regarding 1 seeds and the correlation between that and NCAA tournament success:

Take a look at the table below. 65% of ALL NCAA champions were 1 seeds. Furthermore, you can COMBINE all the other seeds championships and you get 13. Barely more than half of the amount of championships won by 1 seeds alone.

Go ahead and tell me 1 seeds don’t matter again. You’d be best served taking the L here. There’s no disputing this statistic.

SEEDNUMBER OF CHAMPSPERCENTAGE OF CHAMPS
12465%
2514%
3411%
413%
500%
613%
713%
813%

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
You can pick out ONE team and their history as a one seed and tell me it means nothing which is a terrible misunderstanding of how odds and probability work. But again, this is just a result of lowered expectations. Now let me show you some REAL meaningful statistics regarding 1 seeds and the correlation between that and NCAA tournament success:

Take a look at the table below. 65% of ALL NCAA champions were 1 seeds. Furthermore, you can COMBINE all the other seeds championships and you get 13. Barely more than half of the amount of championships won by 1 seeds alone.

Go agreed and tell me 1 seeds don’t matter again. You’d be best served taking the L here. There’s no disputing this statistic.

12465%
2514%
3411%
413%
500%
613%
713%
813%
I'm not picking out anything
I'm responding to the thread. You put down cal not getting 1 seeds.

I'm not downplaying anything
I'm telling you how many times these teams that get the 1 seed wins
And it hasn't been often

I'm not picking out anything
I'm responding to the thread. You put down cal not getting 1 seeds.
And YOU said teams that get 1 seeds don’t often win (quoted above, no changing it now). The FACTS are 1 seeds have won the NCAA championship 65% of the time, and more than every other seed in the NCAA tournament COMBINED. I’m not “putting Cal down”, I’m stating facts.

Go ahead and tell me 1 seeds don’t matter again. You’d be best served taking the L here. There’s no disputing this statistic.

12465%
2514%
3411%
413%
500%
613%
713%
813%

And YOU said teams that get 1 seeds don’t often win (quoted above, no changing it now). The FACTS are 1 seeds have won the NCAA championship 65% of the time, and more than every other seed in the NCAA tournament COMBINED. I’m not “putting Cal down”, I’m stating facts.
Yea if you take every one seed it's gonna look good in your favor. Tough figuring that out.
Kansas has more 1 seeds than anyone in that span and have done less .

Yea if you take every one seed it's gonna look good in your favor. Tough figuring that out.
Kansas has more 1 seeds than anyone in that span and have done less .
Yes, that’s the way statistics work. There are 4 1 seeds and 60 other teams in every NCAA tournament and 1 seeds have won more than all the other seeds combined by almost double.

I’m not sure I understand your obsession with Kansas here. I’m talking about 1 seeds success in the NCAA tournament vs all the other seeds. Not Kansas. Versus the other seeds the odds of a 1 seed winning the whole thing are overwhelmingly in the favor of the 1 seeds. Your point about 1 seeds meaning nothing was completely off base, I’ve done nothing but show you plain as day statistics that prove that. Not even sure why you’re digging your heels in.

Cal has won one championship here. Do you mind reminding me what seed that team was?

So you started an unnecessary argument on Facebook? And now you're bragging about it on a message board? This is a shocking development for the internet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT