ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Story responds to Danny Kanell mean tweet

If UK was in the ACC, they'd be competing for the title right now. Turtleneck Kanell is a dumbass.

Miami, the favor to win the ACC title right now, should've lost to VT who lost to Vandy.

Well we wouldn't have the same roster quality in the ACC but it wouldn't matter as if UL can compete, UK would too.

If UK was in the ACC, they'd be competing for the title right now. Turtleneck Kanell is a dumbass.

Miami, the favor to win the ACC title right now, should've lost to VT who lost to Vandy.
With the team as it is yes, but would we have this team if we were in the ACC? Part of the recruiting pitch is being in the SEC and playing against the best talent in college to prove yourself, and be seen on a national stage as part of the SEC. Plus the ACC revenue wouldn't allow for all the facilities and amenities we can promise kids now too.

Ah, that logic doesn't always work. NM State blew out Auburn last year yet Alabama needed a miracle to beat Auburn (should have lost). Just like I bet Ole Miss beats South Carolina.

I've always been in favor of UK being in the ACC. It will never happen obviously because of the history and the money but it would be the perfect place. It's a conference that actually cares about basketball and it's an easier football conference. Does that mean I think Kentucky automatically would win the ACC? Absolutely not. Clemson was awesome up until the portal stuff. FSU was great last year and in 2013 and 2014. Those two schools make up for every ACC champion but one (2021 Pitt) since 2010.

But you saw last year that Louisville made it to the ACC championship game by simply not having Clemson or FSU on the schedule in the regular season. Kentucky could easily have been in Louisville's spot.

Kanell is the Keith Oberman of college football isnt he. Got lost and became irrelevant quickly and every since then lashes out like some barney fife tough guy trying to get attention ever since, but nobody pays much attention. I honestly didnt know he was still doing anything and havent seen him in years, just hear about him occasionally on here

Last edited:
Reactions: fabcat
Who’s the teams on that?

Louisville makes up most, right?
NC State and Va Tech?

Loss against Clemson?

That’s all I can remember
W vs 2-10 UL
W vs 8-5 UL (Tied for 3rd best record in ACC)
W vs 8-5 Va Tech (Tied for 3rd best record in ACC)
W vs 8-4 #23 NC State
W vs 6-7 UL
W vs 8-5 #25 UL
W vs 10-4 #10 UL
L vs 9-4 #22 Clemson

I think it's important to note that we sell recruits being the norther most SEC school a lot. Our recruiting would definitely take a hit imo if we were in the ACC. Doesn't mean we wouldn't be a top 3rd program in that conference though.

Kanell has always put down the SEC, dude is a flat-out loser still talking that crap years after he played. Everybody knows the ACC is a weak football conference, he knows it too.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT