ADVERTISEMENT

Combine a UK offense/defense that could've made a CFP/BCS Bowl

HeismaNole

Sophomore
Nov 29, 2023
I mean, if you could make the stars align to where you could use an offense from one year and the defense from another year, which teams would you choose that could've been combined to make one of these prestigious bowls?

For me, I go with the 2007 offense and the 2018 defense. In fact, if you had the 2018 defense during that crazy 2007 season, Kentucky could've won a national title. That's how crazy college football was that season.

I mean, if you could make the stars align to where you could use an offense from one year and the defense from another year, which teams would you choose that could've been combined to make one of these prestigious bowls?

For me, I go with the 2007 offense and the 2018 defense. In fact, if you had the 2018 defense during that crazy 2007 season, Kentucky could've won a national title. That's how crazy college football was that season.
Is 07 the Andre Woodson team that beat LSU?

For defense, I may take this years defense. I think they might be better than 18.

Reactions: HeismaNole
2007 offense and 2018 D.

If just Stoops era, 2021 offense and 2018 D.

This year's D appears very good though so ask me again in december.

I was only 3 in 78 so I don't remember that year but members of my family say that was the best UK defense they have ever seen
Your family is correct ,Still, Ramey, Blanton& company were dominant. Ask Penn St. LSU, UGA
after checking with the computer it was 1977 so you were only 2 so we will let that slide this time

Last edited:
Yeah, that's easy.

Any offense from an era in which the coaching staffs/program couldn't recruit talent nor depth in general but especially on D, but somehow always managed a QB who could spin it and at least one perimeter play maker who could catch it.

Combined with any Stoops D, ground game, and special teams. All of which he can actually recruit, develop, and coach. Just been missing a mediocre QB and passing game.

Joker OC/Andre Woodson era where he tossed about 40+ and had some sort of record for most completions without an interception.

Josh Allen D

Benny Snell running

Austin Mcginnis kicking

Max Duffy Punting

So really some of the best units, and individual performers in just about every phase, except passing, has been Stoops.

If he ever figures that out, we might actually be looking at something historic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT