ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Pope Era - Staff & Roster

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
Interesting to conjecture for now. How would you feel this would be Pope's staff and roster next year?

STAFF
Coach = Mark Pope
Asst. Coach = Best BYU guy
Asst. Coach = Derek Anderson
Recruiter = Nazr Mohommad
Recruiter = Rutgers or Baylor's guy
Special Asst Coach + PG Coach = Rajon Rondo OR Tyler Ulis

ROSTER
Reed Sheppard
Travis Perry
Big Z
Adou Theiro ( maybe get him back? )
Boogie Fland ( doubtful, but haven't heard from him yet )
Quantiance ( maybe we can lure him back??? )
BJ Freeman ( transfer )
Clifford Omoruyi (transfer)
BYU Guy 1
BYU Guy 2
Transfer 1
Transfer 2

STARTERS
Boogie Fland
Reed Sheppard
BJ Freeman
Adou Theiro
Big Z

Lets say for some wild reason this would happen. ( PROBABLY WONT )

Would this excite you MORE for next year?

Highly unlikely anyone from last years roster or any of the remaining commits other than Perry suit up for UK next season. Cal is gone, and they are Cal’s players. The exception being Sheppard, but he ain’t coming back.

It makes no sense to discuss that roster because that won’t be anywhere close…Perry will be the only name that’s here

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Interesting to conjecture for now. How would you feel this would be Pope's staff and roster next year?

STAFF
Coach = Mark Pope
Asst. Coach = Best BYU guy
Asst. Coach = Derek Anderson
Recruiter = Nazr Mohommad
Recruiter = Rutgers or Baylor's guy
Special Asst Coach + PG Coach = Rajon Rondo OR Tyler Ulis

ROSTER
Reed Sheppard
Travis Perry
Big Z
Adou Theiro ( maybe get him back? )
Boogie Fland ( doubtful, but haven't heard from him yet )
Quantiance ( maybe we can lure him back??? )
BJ Freeman ( transfer )
Clifford Omoruyi (transfer)
BYU Guy 1
BYU Guy 2
Transfer 1
Transfer 2

STARTERS
Boogie Fland
Reed Sheppard
BJ Freeman
Adou Theiro
Big Z

Lets say for some wild reason this would happen. ( PROBABLY WONT )

Would this excite you MORE for next year?
Why not Mashburn and Blackmon's sons.

DJ Wagner is the son of a legacy player who has devoted his entire adult life in basketball to John Calipari.

It's literally insane to think DJ Wagner would come back to Kentucky.

What. Are. We. Doing?
To answer your question...drinking the kool aid and being delusional.

DJ Wagner is the son of a legacy player who has devoted his entire adult life in basketball to John Calipari.

It's literally insane to think DJ Wagner would come back to Kentucky.

What. Are. We. Doing?
I'm just saying I'd like to have him back. He and Reed both. DJ has championship DNA with his grandfather.

We might be surprised. I don't know much about NIL, but sounds like the money is there and I'm guessing boosters are doing whatever it takes as we speak.

Absolute delusion with this roster. C'mon.
My brother in Christmas, Pitino is offering to pitch in to UK NIL, fans are excited about someone they thought was our tenth best option, and Pope had $4mil at his disposal for NIL before his press conference even had a date and time.

Nothing about that roster or coaching lineup is as ludicrous as what we've been through the past 18 hours.

Why would Z go with Cal, seems like Cal sucked the joy out of him after his first game. Stockholm Syndrome?
Seems like Z would be a great fit for Popes system, with his 5 out approach, I take it he values big men who can also shoot, kinda like himself. I think Z would benefit greatly playing under Pope for a year. Doubt it happens, but one can hope.

Cal’ staff all gone.

Ulis still up in the air.
I would love to have Ulis have John Wall's attitude about UK and Cal. Be involved with UK and still be Cal's friend.

I have a gut feeling Tyler Ulis is going to be a heck of a coach one day. I hope he can stay on board!

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
The BYU players look Bellarmine level to me. Can't see them thriving in the SEC with the football style of play allowed.

I have two big points of optimism for this hire. First, Pope truly bleeds blue. It's not lip service and it's not just money. He loves his alma mater. Second, with the $5M we save on comp vs. Hurley, imagine what that can do from booster finances and reinvestment in the program. I really hope I'm right and all have something special to look forward to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT