ADVERTISEMENT

Lynn Bowden on track for enrollement

One would think Kentucky's very own sports media would get to the bottom of this. I mean they have after all given us the numbers the basketball team will be sporting this fall, thank god for that.

Now if we can only get the shoe sizes.
My (very uneducated) guess is that it is an NCAA Clearinghouse issue, which they can't and won't say anything about. Hopefully it gets worked out - Bowden did participate in his HS graduation ceremony. One thing about that article - UK's second summer session started June 6. He ain't enrolling in that.

The CJ has an artical on it also where his hs couch says he will be there in the summer all he said was the all star game never gave another reason pretty good read got the link from aseaofblue

Hopefully it gets worked out - Bowden did participate in his HS graduation ceremony.

Hmmmm... very interesting if accurate.

Could be like this:

(April) Recruit: "Don't worry coach, I ain't gonna have no problem with no English class."

(June) Recruit: "Hey Coach, you remember that English class we was talking' 'bout?"

Could be some summer schooling' needed. But this is TOTAL speculation from my keyboard.

Reactions: bobinbg
My (very uneducated) guess is that it is an NCAA Clearinghouse issue, which they can't and won't say anything about. Hopefully it gets worked out - Bowden did participate in his HS graduation ceremony. One thing about that article - UK's second summer session started June 6. He ain't enrolling in that.
Maybe an uneducated guess but a pretty good one. It seems a lot of the work done by the clearinghouse is to determine if certain HS courses, while good enough for HS graduation, actually meet the NCAA's "standard" for what constitutes an acceptable credit in the FR admission criteria. If it was anything else (e.g., test score, summer school for a required course, etc.) I suspect there were have been some kind of earlier report of same. Not what you want but still a little too early to go into full worry mode.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: dustarm20
Maybe an uneducated guess but a pretty good one. It seems a lot of the work done by the clearinghouse is to determine if certain HS courses, while good enough for HS graduation, actually meet the NCAA's "standard" for what constitutes an acceptable credit in the FR admission criteria. If it was anything else (e.g., test score, summer school for a required course, etc.) I suspect there were have been some kind of earlier report of same. Not what you want but still a little too early to go into full worry mode.

Peace
this could take 15 to 20 years for the ncaa just look at unc mess

Peace

Wildcard, some couldn't exist if they weren't in full worry mode.

Peace[/QUOTE

]

One would think Kentucky's very own sports media would get to the bottom of this. I mean they have after all given us the numbers the basketball team will be sporting this fall, thank god for that.

Now if we can only get the shoe sizes.
To the bottom of what? There is no problem with Bowden. He is coming a little later than most of the other players. No worries.

Reactions: Poetax
Your uneducated guess? This is how false rumors begin.

Hope this kid can make it, but long term being eligible isn't a great bet. Hopefully the tutors can bring him up and keep him there

Besides the rumors that any of us can make up, do you have any factual evidence for us to read that gives merit to your post. We all would like to know.

If he's academically eligible then he needs to pack his bags and show up on campus preparing to play football.
If there is a reason his enrollment has been delayed, the administration needs to issue a statement informing the fan base.
I hope I'm wrong but I smell smoke surrounding the Bowden situation.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
If there is a reason his enrollment has been delayed, the administration needs to issue a statement informing the fan base...

Of course there's a reason he's not in Lexington yet, otherwise he would be. Frankly, why he's not there is none of your or anyone else's business. As for the rest, UK never issues statements on non UK students. Why would they?

As for the rest, he will either get to campus or he won't. No amount of gossip will change that. Idle speculation and unfounded rumors does no one any service.

Is the kid a father? I've seen a couple of photos that suggest to me he might be, and if so, then perhaps everyone just needs to take a step back from the edge of the bridge. Maybe all of this is about personal issues, not academic, and just the sort of personal issues for which some coaches might grant a summer pass. Anyone prepared to confirm whether or not he has a child?

Of course there's a reason he's not in Lexington yet, otherwise he would be. Frankly, why he's not there is none of your or anyone else's business. As for the rest, UK never issues statements on non UK students. Why would they?

As for the rest, he will either get to campus or he won't. No amount of gossip will change that. Idle speculation and unfounded rumors does no one any service.
I think it is my business, as soon as he signed his LOI to attend our University and become a Wildcat his progress in the program should be available to the fans and the media. IMO , but I do understand that on this "discussion board" only certain people are allowed to express their opinions.

Reactions: ukfanjh
Regardless of what the issue is, it's a concern as to its impact on the coming season. I think most of us think he's a jewel, if not THE jewel of the 2017 class and his current & possible future absence puts a damper on the coming season in our minds & disposition.

Reactions: RV2 and bratboy
I think it is my business, as soon as he signed his LOI to attend our University and become a Wildcat his progress in the program should be available to the fans and the media. IMO , but I do understand that on this "discussion board" only certain people are allowed to express their opinions.

No. It's not your business. His personal situation is none of our business. Again, he's not a UK student and comment by the University would be highly inappropriate, if not illegal. No one is attempting to control discussion but your and others meritless speculation doesn't further it and helps in no way. If you don't know the difference between the terms, I would suggest the use of a dictionary along with an additional hobby to fill your idle time.

Last edited:
No. It's not your business. His personal situation is none of our business. Again, he's not a UK student and comment by the University would be highly inappropriate, u if not illegal. No one is attempting to control discussion but your and others meritless speculation doesn't further it and helps in no way. If you don't know the difference between the terms, I would suggest the use of a dictionary along with an additional hobby to fill your idle time.
Right. I agree that meritless speculation about our players doesn't help anyone. There has never been any substantive reason for anyone here to speculate Bowden won't be here in August. While most new freshmen arrive in June, that has never been the case for everyone. Bowden's own high school coach has said he will be here. It's easy to understand why fans are interested in our new freshmen, but very hard to understand why some people always want to tear others down. Has anyone noticed that the same people who like to trash our players also seem to enjoy attacking other posters too?

Nope and nope.

Reactions: KintuckyWildCayuts
ADVERTISEMENT