ADVERTISEMENT

Lying About Past Accomplishments In Sports

lakercat

Senior
Jul 17, 2003
In honor of all of the lying that has been going on in and out of the sports world, what are the most egregious claims that someone has accomplished?

-One claim that he played intramurals at EKU, and said that he once scored ~75 points in a game without missing a shot. He said that he was drunk when he played. Mind you, this guy is pretty decent but 75 points without missing a shot? Years earlier, when alluding to this game, he said he hit 17 three-point shots.
-Several claimed to have played college ball at a major University. One said that he wore # 19.
-Another claimed to have run for 400 yards in a game as a QB in High School
-Another claimed to have bowled more than 100 perfect games

Do you believe any of these?

I won't address specifics, but I have learned to disregard any post where the poster tries to validate himself or his opinion by mentioning his high school sports career.

Nearly ALL of us remember ourselves as better athletes than we actually were, that's just a natural male instinct, although the extent to which we embellish to cover insecurities varies from person to person. So I've learned not to pay attention to that talk. I judge a post based upon its logic and reasoning..period ..that you claim to have once averaged whatever for Podunk County HS means nothing to me.

Last edited:
I pulled an unassisted triple play when I was 13. I was pitching. Batter hit a little blooper towards the short stop. Both runners went but I caught the ball tagged the runner headed to third and then ran down the kid running to second when he turned around. It was a damn fine play.

v56eikn87bl11.jpg

I'm also tied for most pitches in an inning for a high school baseball game. 3 pitches and 3 outs... #legend

Reactions: J_Dee
I pulled an unassisted triple play when I was 13. I was pitching. Batter hit a little blooper towards the short stop. Both runners went but I caught the ball tagged the runner headed to third and then ran down the kid running to second when he turned around. It was a damn fine play.

I did the same thing in little league. Caught a blooper to short, had runners on 2nd and third and they both ran. Tagged the kid coming from 2nd to third and stepped on the bag at third. Boom. Unassisted triple play. Been down hill ever since. Lol.

I’ve heard some pretty big whoppers. Join the military and you’ll meet a bunch of guys who were once in a lifetime athletic talents, according to themselves of course. I work with a guy who claims to have played basketball at Penn State. It was easy to verify that he was lying his ass off, but since he’s 6’5 he knows people most people won’t question him. Another guy says he ran a 4.4 in High School, and I wish you could see this dude because it’s hard to explain how absolutely ridiculous that claim is.

Craziest story I heard was from a guy I met down here in Florida while watching a Kentucky basketball game. This guy showed me his prosthetic UK themed leg. He then goes onto to tell me that he played football at UK and later on he lost his leg but I can’t remember how exactly. Then he’s on a fishing trip and somehow loses his prosthetic leg in the ocean. Months later another fisherman reels in this mans UK leg and returns it to him and it’s the same leg he uses today. So I’m thinking this guy is really good storyteller but no way this all is true. You can google this shit, it’s crazy and true, even the part about him playing football at UK.

I did the same thing in little league. Caught a blooper to short, had runners on 2nd and third and they both ran. Tagged the kid coming from 2nd to third and stepped on the bag at third. Boom. Unassisted triple play. Been down hill ever since. Lol.
You guys must have been sh*tty pitchers to have so many guys on base without a single out [roll]

I stole home plate off Derek Smith (former UK Tight End) when he was pitching for Ingram's Restaurant Knothole when we were about 10 years old...lol.

Catcher through ball back to him and he turned to go gather himself and I took off.

I was 13 and had my ticket called to shoot to win a sweet toyota truck at halftime of a basketball tournament.

Within 1 minute I had to make a layup, hit a free throw, hit a three, then hit a half court shot.

I actually missed my layup to start [roll]

After that, I made the layup on the 2nd try, then hit the free throw and the three on my first attempts, then ran out of time trying to hit a half court shot (had to fetch my own rebounds!).

I would have been the happiest 13 year old on earth if I'd won that pickup. [winking]

I swear I got off a pitcher named Dave Fleming that came in second in rookie of the year voting when he played for the Mariners when I was playing in HS. I swear it happened. It was just a ground ball up the middle but it was a legit hit against a guy that went on to play major league baseball. I am that important.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
The part of The Last Dance they didn’t mention. When I beat MJ 1 on 1 5 consecutive times. That factored into his original retirement. It took him a couple of years to get over it. I’m sure he’d deny it now

Reactions: Fox2monk
My pitiful sports career only lasted in middle school and one year of high school soccer. I was fast but had no clue about how to handle kicking/dribbling the soccer ball as they pretty much didn't cut me due to speed and such. All the other kids had been playing that soccer crap since they were 6-8 years old. I played league football in 7th grade and was actually pretty good and we won the "state title" of that league, but it was little league crap and I hit my growth spurt during the season so it turned me into OJ Simpson at RB & Dik Butkus at LB. I scored 22 touchdowns in 10 games and had one game where I ran 4 times and scored all 4 times. That team was garbage. Suffice to say by 8th grade when I played on the school team I was just another run of the mill guy as everyone had caught up to me and competition was of course better. I wish I had some better glory years like some of you, but it has been the hard knock life for me in sports guys. #20 year anniversary of MJ Bears Youth Football State Title LOL

In high school study hall, I won 72 straight games of paper football, before being upset by the clod I'd beaten 72 straight times. After that, I went on a 65 game win streak against the same guy. I announced my retirement from the game right after my last win.

Honest to God, I won the Knights of Columbus free throw competition when I was 13. Still have the trophy. Went to the state finals and hit 97/100 and lost to some kid who decided free throws were easier than a turd hitting the indoor family pool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT