ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville is better than UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you are still paying multiple coaches you ran off probably a lot more than that.
Certainly our athletics department has never paid millions of dollars to failed coaches in both football and basketball, and of course we wouldn't hand out multi million life time contracts for mediocre performances.

Certainly our athletics department has never paid millions of dollars to failed coaches in both football and basketball, and of course we wouldn't hand out multi million life time contracts for mediocre performances.
Calling Cal and Stoops "failed" or "mediocre" is ridiculous. One has a national title and multiple final fours and one has made us respectable and regularly ranked after being at Vandy's level for decades.

Reactions: grevey35 and gojvc
Oh, I agree with you 100% about barney. Gives far too much with far too little expectations just so he doesn't have to ever go out and do the hiring process again or make changes. That being said, Louisville goes through coaches like street walker goes through tricks. So, it's laughable they want to come on here and lecture us about that. How long before they give Petrino his 3rd tour?

• Haha
Reactions: MadaboutBlue
I looked at UOFL schedule, the only game they can lose are @miami and maybe against us. They get two really bad teams at home, and go to a really bad Pitt team. Duke has a small chance to beat them but I don’t know if there QB is injured or not
Duke has a great chance to beat UL. Miami and UK may both be favored by the time that game rolls around. Ky sucked yesterday and UL played well. But that doesn’t make them world beaters and it certainly doesn’t make UK garbage. This truly is a microwave society

I hear you and you can "not want to" accept reality but you will have to admit that it is curious how quickly Louisville has turned tables this year under a new and different coaching staff ... apparently a serious coaching staff who is ushering in a different mindset and coaching abilities. No one can dispute that Brohm is a serious coach. I will admit that I did not see his success coming this quickly at Louisville. It just further solidifies the notion that Stoops is an average coach, at best, trying to coach in the SEC, against better coaches. Granted Georgia, right now, is very good but Kentucky, today was embarrassing.
It’s called the transfer portal genius. Two years ago the NCAA dropped the 1 year transfer penalty, which lead to the mass transfers. How Stoops has built UK and and how they’re doing it is not comparable.

Reactions: grevey35
Duke has a great chance to beat UL. Miami and UK may both be favored by the time that game rolls around. Ky sucked yesterday and UL played well. But that doesn’t make them world beaters and it certainly doesn’t make UK garbage. This truly is a microwave society
Duke I need to see if Leonard is healthy or not he had a bad looking injury against Nd

Nope. Wrong. You must live close by. I’m guessing Bardstown. No one within 30 miles gives an ish about U of Vel. Hell, I wish they were part of Indiana.
I live in Lexington but I’m actually from bardstown and grew up there, that’s a really good guess lol, but Louisville has always been our biggest rival to me

Reactions: gojvc
It’s called the transfer portal genius. Two years ago the NCAA dropped the 1 year transfer penalty, which lead to the mass transfers. How Stoops has built UK and and how they’re doing it is not comparable.
I totally agree! Seems we’re still trying to build based in HS recruiting. Louisville had a great transfer class and it has really changed things quickly. NIL helps. HS kids don’t want to wait their turn. If they don’t see a lot of playing time early they are quick to move on. Plus, good transfers come in more ready to go than do HS kids. Times have changed and if Stoops wants to get better he should put more effort into the portal.

Why not wait until we play and see how it falls before we jump off the cliff there
History usually repeats itself and we have 11 years of history that tells us how this usually goes. If you want to ignore those results and get your hopes up then knock yourself out.

Reactions: UKAlum88
Notre Dame lost to the #3 team in the country on the last play of the game and yet they suck and are overrated? Okay. Lol. It beats losing to the #1 team by 38.

Louisville is beating Notre Dame and is a dark horse for playoffs, and UK got spanked. We just need to accept it.
Only one game left on their schedule that they are underdogs and that could change by the time that game comes around. I know everyone is going to complain about their schedule because they don't control that. They only play one non p5 school. Now, if you'll excuse me, l have to go throw up.

Reactions: 55wildcat
They always been the bigger better program. I took heat the past 3 years of pointing it out. They should have lost the 2 ACC road games but yes they are better then us but not by much. Two programs that lack history and will never be big. It's a basketball state for sure
Well this is wildly inaccurate. What’s the head to head? They’ve built a decent historical win percentage playing in CUSA and AAC but we’ve historically been the better team yearly

Meetings total34
All-time seriesKentucky, 19–15[1]
Largest victoryKentucky, 73–0 (1922)
Longest win streakKentucky, 7 (1912–1994)
Current win streakKentucky, 4 (2018–present)

We hold an advantage in every statistical category that can measure a head to head directly.

Reactions: catben
Kentucky is just the better team. You're building Louisville up on a weak schedule. They had a good hyped-up game against a well overrated ND. That was their only team with a heartbeat so far as Florida was ours. Kentucky plays the same teams they play to date; we are 6-0 too. You seem to be basing this "blowout" because we got drummed by the #1 team in the country @ Georgia and they beat an overrated ND team that had to have a shocker play to get past Duke. I'll take this cats team all day every day against Louisville. No disrespect but it sounds like you need to be wearing red instead of blue.
In case you missed it you just had 51 dropped on you and that was the only decent team you have played this year. Just sayin

In case you missed it you just had 51 dropped on you and that was the only decent team you have played this year. Just sayin
And that team that dropped 51 on us would beat the best 22 from ul and ND combined on a night game between the hedges by roughly the same score. Just sayin’

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
First it was a great win for UL considering how bad they have been in the past. But no way in hell would I put ND anywhere close to Georgia when it comes to talent.
Would you put Ohio State close to Georgia when it comes to talent?

Ohio State 17
Notre Dame 14

Last edited:
If by "decent" you mean the 2 year straight National champions at home, ok. It's been 35 years since Notre Dame won anything, but let's pretend we played equivalents Saturday night so you can run over here and fluff your feathers out in little brother fashion. 🙄

Last edited:
Well this is wildly inaccurate. What’s the head to head? They’ve built a decent historical win percentage playing in CUSA and AAC but we’ve historically been the better team yearly

Meetings total34
All-time seriesKentucky, 19–15[1]
Largest victoryKentucky, 73–0 (1922)
Longest win streakKentucky, 7 (1912–1994)
Current win streakKentucky, 4 (2018–present)

We hold an advantage in every statistical category that can measure a head to head directly.
Modern Era
1994-present

Series, Louisville 15-13
Longest win streak, Louisville 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT