ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville is better than UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some times a pounding teaches a team and players where they need to be and what NFL talent looks like Our RB has it and our QB struggled. The mistakes were horrible and Georgia was on. In a rematach UK would show much better Key will be to bring it vs Tenn and show much better. Florida game was a hard one to duplicate.

When does the Bear Brohm statue replace Castleman's? Really, if this guy does NOT have a winning record against the schedule he plays, they would hang him out to dry like they did Satterfield. Yeah, I know our schedule the first 5 games were not killer, but I still think we beat them here or there this year. They are not that good.

Same here. Eastern freaking KY played us toe to toe.

It’s not like this is his first or second year, this is year 11. I don’t understand why people are still happy with the results. Yes, Joker sucked and left us in a mess. We get it. But this is year freaking 11 since Joker has been here.

When does the Bear Brohm statue replace Castleman's? Really, if this guy does NOT have a winning record against the schedule he plays, they would hang him out to dry like they did Satterfield. Yeah, I know our schedule the first 5 games were not killer, but I still think we beat them here or there this year. They are not that good.

What have you saw that makes you believe we won’t get blown out by UL??? I’m genuinely curious.

What have you saw that makes you believe we won’t get blown out by UL??? I’m genuinely curious.

Kentucky is just the better team. You're building Louisville up on a weak schedule. They had a good hyped-up game against a well overrated ND. That was their only team with a heartbeat so far as Florida was ours. Kentucky plays the same teams they play to date; we are 6-0 too. You seem to be basing this "blowout" because we got drummed by the #1 team in the country @ Georgia and they beat an overrated ND team that had to have a shocker play to get past Duke. I'll take this cats team all day every day against Louisville. No disrespect but it sounds like you need to be wearing red instead of blue.

Kentucky is just the better team. You're building Louisville up on a weak schedule. They had a good hyped-up game against a well overrated ND. That was their only team with a heartbeat so far as Florida was ours. Kentucky plays the same teams they play to date; we are 6-0 too. You seem to be basing this "blowout" because we got drummed by the #1 team in the country @ Georgia and they beat an overrated ND team that had to have a shocker play to get past Duke. I'll take this cats team all day every day against Louisville. No disrespect but it sounds like you need to be wearing red instead of blue.

I want to win every game and you’re ok with losing because it’s a good team we played for once. Sounds like you’re the one who needs to move along to another team. I’ve been a fan longer than you’ve been alive likely.

• Haha
Reactions: 55wildcat
Congrats to Louisville. Won a big game. Looked good.
Now let's see if the Stoops curse of one loss turning into a string can be broken. Missouri is an important game for LOTS of reasons. Every game is big here on out.
We are into the meat of our schedule. We all knew that Georgia would win. Many of us (including me) thought we would cover. We got into a hole quickly and was beat @ 14-0. They had a bad game, and this ass whooping might be just what they needed going forward. One loss does not define our season.

Reactions: WILDCAT WILLIE69
I want to win every game and you’re ok with losing because it’s a good team we played for once. Sounds like you’re the one who needs to move along to another team. I’ve been a fan longer than you’ve been alive likely.

LOL, I doubt that very seriously. BTW, you're the one blowing up Louisville.

We are into the meat of our schedule. We all knew that Georgia would win. Many of us (including me) thought we would cover. We got into a hole quickly and was beat @ 14-0. They had a bad game, and this ass whooping might be just what they needed going forward. One loss does not define our season.

You sound ok with only having one loss and I’m not ok with losing to anyone. See the difference in our fandom. 😉

We play in the SEC you know the conference that usually wins the whole thing every year…. Louisville plays in the ACC ( Another Crappy Conference) When’s the last time any chump won anything from that conference?

Graduated from UK in 88 and born in 1970.

Because they are better than us in year one of Brohms tenure. Stoops in year 11 and the stop of sucking is nowhere in sight.
Born in 55 kiddo, so yeah, I've seen more UK teams and been a fan longer than you can remember. Take a chill pill and enjoy this season. Nowhere over yet.

Reactions: WILDCAT WILLIE69
Congrats to Louisville. Won a big game. Looked good.
Now let's see if the Stoops curse of one loss turning into a string can be broken. Missouri is an important game for LOTS of reasons. Every game is big here on out.
Missouri's offense is good, our defense was awful. Gave up over 600yds and Georgia punted once.

Born in 55 kiddo, so yeah, I've seen more UK teams and been a fan longer than you can remember. Take a chill pill and enjoy this season. Nowhere over yet.

So you’re one of the people who sit on their hands and poops in their depends in the lower section at Uk basketball games? Just happy to be alive and not caring about the product on the floor. Got it.

It’s hard to enjoy when we expect to lose before the game even begins.

• Haha
So you’re one of the people who sit on their hands and poops in their depends in the lower section at Uk basketball games? Just happy to be alive and not caring about the product on the floor. Got it.

It’s hard to enjoy when we expect to lose before the game even begins.
You're one of those who starts the personal attacks when somebody has a different opinion. You have a great day. Wear your red next week and be happy your team is better than UK..

Reactions: UKortho
You're one of those who starts the personal attacks when somebody has a different opinion. You have a great day. Wear your red next week and be happy your team is better than UK..

Personal attacks? 😂 Sure, bud.

There’s only one of us demanding a better product on the field. And it’s not you.

Have a blessed Sunday.

I know…thank goodness we kept our playbooks close to the vest against Georgia so that the Ville wouldn’t get any ideas. As a bonus, we also threw in no blocking, no tackling, untimely penalties that would make Butkus blush and trotting out a qb who cannot complete the simplest of passes to wide open receivers. Again, don’t want to show too much…
I’ve said all year that our QB is average at best but people kept arguing that it wasn’t his fault. When I see him miss dudes 10 yards away by about 10 feet it’s kinda obvious to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chad Rock and sam_o
Let's not kid ourselves. UL's schedule is Charmin soft. But I have serious doubts that UK could go 9-3 with our lack of passing game and Stoops' teams usually lay at least two eggs every year. One on the road and usually after the bye week.
Why not wait until we play and see how it falls before we jump off the cliff there

Only difference I see in Louisville and us is aggressiveness of the staffs.
Brohm is constantly in attack mode on both sides - Stoops is conservative at every chance - because he knows
Beat the 3 dogs
Win 3/5 others and he’s extended & paid $9 million
He does not have to beat UGA or even UT - and with UofL down he had that win in the bag
That will be no more

They always been the bigger better program. I took heat the past 3 years of pointing it out. They should have lost the 2 ACC road games but yes they are better then us but not by much. Two programs that lack history and will never be big. It's a basketball state for sure

Uh no, they have not. They feast on a bunch of weak sisters and always have. Give me a break.

They always been the bigger better program. I took heat the past 3 years of pointing it out. They should have lost the 2 ACC road games but yes they are better then us but not by much. Two programs that lack history and will never be big. It's a basketball state for sure
You are really, really terrible at this. You should stop posting. I’m serious.

I watched the Missouri/LSU game. Missouri`s defense is horrible and we`ll be able to run against them similar to the way we ran against Florida. We`ll win this one at home.
As for Louisville, Brohm has always won a game he wasn`t suppose too. At Purdue, he once beat Ohio State, but he loses to teams that make you scratch your head. They were at home, playing a Notre Dame team that hasn`t been impressive this year. They`ve beaten Navy, Tennessee State, NC State, Central Michigan and Duke. Not murderer's row. They lost to Ohio State at home and Louisville. We`ll see how good they are next week when they play USC. Louisville is good and their receivers can catch, but Plummer is slow footed and gets rattled when pressured. They very well could be 10-1 or 11-0 when we play. They play a bad Pittsburgh next week, then come home for 3 games before going to Miami. I`d love to beat them again, especially if their 11-0 going into that game.

I like the fact that the Cards might have some hope this year going into the game with us. It will be even sweeter to crush it.
Agree. Some people on this board have always been obsessed with UL. Why? UL has been a notorious cheat school, causing UL's athletics department to collapse in such a devastating fashion that their president had to step down, their entire board was dismissed and their foundation got into trouble. Their basketball program hasn't even begun to recover, and the sample size for their new football staff is 6 games, including a home field win against a 5-2 ND team that barely beat Duke the prior week. We won't play UL for almost two months. LOL at the chickenhearts who are already scared of UL while we are in the meat of our SEC schedule. All because we lost to the #1 team in the country on their own home field.

Contrary to UL fans saying Satterfield sucked he left that place far better than Petrino did. Add that to the portal and NIL, their schedule/conference Brohm came in at the perfect time (smart move by him). There was never going to be a better time to energize fans and win right away. The ACC has to be kicking themselves that they didnt schedule the Cards- Clemson, FSU or UNC during the season. The title game is likely to have an FSU vs UL matchup based on what UL has left.
I watched their game last night. I was impressed with their aggressiveness on D. Outside of their running back not much there on offense. Their QB like ours is very average. They won the TO margin in a significant way and ND’s dumb coaching decision to go for it on 4th and 11 halfway through the 4th quarter was the second dumbest coaching mistake of the day next to Miami’s.
Bottomline the ND win is comparable to our UF win. Both traditional powers who arent very good. We played a team that neither UL or UK would beat this year if they played 10 times Saturday. People are comparing our loss to their win. Not a reason for a comparison of the teams and saying one is better than the other. I still think that we matchup well with them for that game. They may be undefeated or only 1-2 losses which will make them appear on paper to be far superior to us. I hope they are undefeated honestly at the end of the year.

Georgia would have beat Louisville and Notre Dame the same… Notre Dame is highly overrated
Because it's still early October, I believe ND is being rated on the basis of historical reputation, rather than on the basis of their 2023 body of work. It's partially politics at this point. ND almost beat OH St, although I suspect OH St may also be somewhat overrated. ND barely beat Duke.

So I suspect ND, Duke, and UL are all overrated at this point. Of course, I could be wrong. But the great thing about this is that we are only halfway through the season, so there is plenty of time for all the teams to live up to reputations, or not. UK and UL will face off in November. Talk is cheap, and we will find out which team is more suited to the level of competition when the game actually happens. If Coach Brohm can pull off a win over the SEC team, he will deserve credit for that. If he can't, then a lot of UL fans are going to eat crow again. I have confidence in Mark Stoops, and my confidence sure hasn't wavered just because we lost to the #1 team in the country on their own home field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT