ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville got a few votes in AP Poll.

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
They might be a tougher opponent this year, given our O-line struggles.

There is an outside shot both teams could be ranked by the game date late this month.

I have been watching a few of parts of their replays lately and they are starting to worry me a little bit. Not that worried yet, but 30 point underdogs have occasionally won their games before. Something to watch. They had an impressive game recently, but they capitalized on a BUNCH of turnovers in the second half.

I still feel like it's a 10 pt win but there's definitely less margin for error. Malik/Micale is not good and I've never understood the media slurpage. There's the big difference right there. UK 38 UL 17

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I have been watching a few of parts of their replays lately and they are starting to worry me a little bit. Not that worried yet, but 30 point underdogs have occasionally won their games before. Something to watch. They had an impressive game recently, but they capitalized on a BUNCH of turnovers in the second half.
Wake Forest had EIGHT turnovers in their game against Louisville. that's definitely a recipe for disaster. They gave up 35 points in the third quarter. Louisville has some athletes, but we've managed to make Cunningham look like Chopped Liver when he faces us. Hope that trend continues. hoping his, what is it now, about 6th try against us? (Ok, just seems that way)

Barring any other injuries, and if we get Square and Jones back, UL has not faced a defense like ours yet. Once we get MC hurried and harassed he will likely fall apart like he has in past games.

Not really concerned about ul or vandy. Those are games Rodriguez will run all over them and levis should play well too.

They're not very good. However they are riding a wave of confidence that we need Clemson to get in check.

Bad news is we'll almost surely be down some guys as it will follow a very physical matchup vs Georgia.

Barring any other injuries, and if we get Square and Jones back, UL has not faced a defense like ours yet. Once we get MC hurried and harassed he will likely fall apart like he has in past games.
On the flip side I could say the same thing about UK & Levis.

here is how Louisville ranks nationally
#2 in sacks
#3 in Interceptions
#6 in Turnover Margin
#6 in Red Zone Defense
#10 in Fumbles Recovered
#12 in Tackles for a loss
#30 in Total Defense
#38 in Passing yards allowed
#49 in Rushing Defense ( UK’s Rushing Offense is 112th & Louisville is #25 )

So can UK’s O-line hold up and give Levis the time he needs ?

In the last 4 games since the loss to BC, Louisville has outscored their opponents in the first half 43-41 in 4 games. In the second half Louisville has outscored their opponents 97-17 in the last 4 games.

ACC football is bad, like holy shit is that awful football. Clemson is still the best team in the conference and they would be in a conversation with 3 or 4 other teams for being the 4th best team in the SEC. We beat Louisville by 2-3 scores, no doubt in my mind.

Reactions: ktbug
ACC football is bad, like holy shit is that awful football. Clemson is still the best team in the conference and they would be in a conversation with 3 or 4 other teams for being the 4th best team in the SEC. We beat Louisville by 2-3 scores, no doubt in my mind.
Their Schedule is ranked better than ours. How do people not realize this when we pound on our SEC badge. Geez.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
9 teams on our schedule either have been or are currently ranked. Our next two games are against #12 Clemson & #16 NC State.
I get it . I get sick of our fans acting like we are better than everyone because of our confernce affiliation. It gets very old especially when we dont show up for our ranked oponents. We are still going to beat your asses

Reactions: Lamar Card

#2 in sacks
#3 in Interceptions
#6 in Turnover Margin
#6 in Red Zone Defense
#10 in Fumbles Recovered
#30 in Total Defense

In the last 4 games since the loss to BC, Louisville has outscored their opponents in the first half 43-41 in 4 games. In the second half Louisville has outscored their opponents 97-17 in the last 4 games.
Early in the season I thought we would beat UL like a drum. Your statistics make a point but the ACC is awful except for Clemson and while the Wake Forest game was a good win their turnovers were just crazy. Plus, it was a UL home game and set up pretty well for them. ‘If’ UL beats Clemson I will be way more concerned but I still think UK at home beats UL again.

You listen to the SEC talking heads to much. The ACC isnt as good but its still a P5 conference with alot of talented, decent football teams. The SEC has a few elite teams and then everyone else is basically on the same level as most of the ACC teams.

Early in the season I thought we would beat UL like a drum. Your statistics make a point but the ACC is awful except for Clemson and while the Wake Forest game was a good win their turnovers were just crazy. Plus, it was a UL home game and set up pretty well for them. ‘If’ UL beats Clemson I will be way more concerned but I still think UK at home beats UL again.
I was confident in a Louisville win until some news that hasn’t been made public started to leak out last night about a injury to a key offensive player. So now I am going to see how the next two games go before I predict a win vs UK.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
The Cards have gotten much better as the season progressed and haven't mailed it in like many fans did and others expected the team to. The game at Clemson Saturday will be a close one as the Tigers offense largely stinks and is turnover prone (against a defense who forces alot of turnovers). It wouldn't shock me to see UofL pull the upset but in the end I think Clemson finds a way to win by 7-10 pts.

I think we beat them too as we are at home but they will eat out Oline alive in passing situations.

Their Schedule is ranked better than ours. How do people not realize this when we pound on our SEC badge. Geez.
🙄, you realize what a joke college football schedule rankings are? 75% of your games are in conference, and 50-75% if your out of conference games are cupcakes. There is no comparison of an SEC schedule vs an ACC schedule, its been proven year after year after year. UofL fans were making similar claims last year, talked themselves into having a chance and we see what happened.

SEC typically gets 2-3 times as many players drafted each year in the NFL, its men vs boys. 6A football vs 2A football, you cannot compare.

🙄, you realize what a joke college football schedule rankings are? 75% of your games are in conference, and 50-75% if your out of conference games are cupcakes. There is no comparison of an SEC schedule vs an ACC schedule, its been proven year after year after year. UofL fans were making similar claims last year, talked themselves into having a chance and we see what happened.

SEC typically gets 2-3 times as many players drafted each year in the NFL, its men vs boys. 6A football vs 2A football, you cannot compare.
Yea, you wouldnt be saying that if our schedule was ranked higher. PLus, it makes no difference when we dont beat the good teams on our schedule

Reactions: Lamar Card

#2 in sacks
#3 in Interceptions
#6 in Turnover Margin
#6 in Red Zone Defense
#10 in Fumbles Recovered
#30 in Total Defense

Playing in the ACC this year inflates a lot of numbers. Fools gold.

You listen to the SEC talking heads to much. The ACC isnt as good but its still a P5 conference with alot of talented, decent football teams. The SEC has a few elite teams and then everyone else is basically on the same level as most of the ACC teams.
No, get this - I actually watch football games and have been doing so for decades at this point. P5 dont mean jack to me, SEC is clearly the top of P5 and ACC is clearly the bottom. UNC is currently 8-1 and undefeated in the ACC, they play Missouri on a neutral field the game is a toss up.

Yea, you wouldnt be saying that if our schedule was ranked higher. PLus, it makes no difference when we dont beat the good teams on our schedule
Ive never looked at a schedule rating once in my life, literally means nothing. All I need is the verified history of the SEC being far superior to the ACC in every regard for football.

Sorry but just because they have teams on their schedule with undeserving rankings does not make their schedule tougher than ours. I say this knowing we never deserved our top 10 ranking we had earlier this year.
I know, I mean Math is a subjective thing isnt it because that is how these rankings work? Until we beat "the good teams on our schedule" its irrelevant

UofL’s defense has played much better the last month and change. Check the stats that control for SoS like Sagarin, SP+, FPI, or a dozen others. UofL will be about as tough as Mizzou, I’d guess.

If this game was played this week it would be a toss up. Our Oline has sucked the life out of this season. Add in our special teams blunders and this one will probably come down to who is the healthiest and who turns the ball over. Our defense will keep us in every game minus UT/UGA. It’s good enough to shut down Malik again but our offense cant go and put up 14 pts, not sustain drives etc.

Obviously, the 4 games without Rodriguez hurt here.
Correct and since his return UK averages about 137 yards per game which would put UK around 80th. On the flip side Louisville is averaging about 202 rush yards per game but UK is only giving up about 120 per game. Both teams are giving up about 20pts roughly per game so this could turn into a low scoring defensive game.

Correct and since his return UK averages about 137 yards per game which would put UK around 80th. On the flip side Louisville is averaging about 202 rush yards per game but UK is only giving up about 120 per game. Both teams are giving up about 20pts roughly per game so this could turn into a low scoring defensive game.

UNC is 8-1 in the ACC. They wouldn’t be in the top half of the SEC.

It’s a shitty conference and Louisville is a shitty football team. Kentucky should win by 2+ touchdowns fairly easy.

UK has some issues and Louisville has done better than I thought they would but until they actually show up against us and act like a team with a pulse, most should assume UK wins easy once again. I'm just tired of the excuses. Last year apparently Cunningham had the flu (even though he never shows up in big games anyway) and a few months later Louisville fans began saying that the entire team was sick. Whatever. Just show up and take the annual beating. Maybe if your class sticks, they'll be competitive against their rival when they're sophomores.

UK has some issues and Louisville has done better than I thought they would but until they actually show up against us and act like a team with a pulse, most should assume UK wins easy once again. I'm just tired of the excuses. Last year apparently Cunningham had the flu (even though he never shows up in big games anyway) and a few months later Louisville fans began saying that the entire team was sick. Whatever. Just show up and take the annual beating. Maybe if your class sticks, they'll be competitive against their rival when they're sophomores.
Well Cunningham may or not even be able to play in the game but Louisville should know more by this weekend.

They might be a tougher opponent this year, given our O-line struggles.

There is an outside shot both teams could be ranked by the game date late this month.

I don't know how the game will go, but it finally feels good to be excited about this game instead of hoping to keep the margin under 30 points. I never like mid or early season firings, but I was pretty sure Satterfield was going to be gone at season's end after the BC loss. Things have changed - not completely on board yet because defeat has been snatched from the jaws of victory way too many times with this staff but the next 3 games will determine Satterfield's fate.

I know, I mean Math is a subjective thing isnt it because that is how these rankings work? Until we beat "the good teams on our schedule" its irrelevant
Lol. Rankings (esp pre-season and early season) are extremely subjective. But keep pretending that the AP and coaches use some scientific calculations.

I'm thinking with a suspect OL and a dinged up QB, this may be a close game.

I am thankful for the home field advantage and believe (1) if C-rod is healthy and (2) coaches have the horse-sense to run the offense through the all-SEC running back then we can prevail.

If we pull SoCar gamesmanship, we can lose to almost anyone in the P5.

GBB!

Reactions: jauk11 and The-Hack
Hoping for a small spread so I can hammer UK. Think it’ll be around a 14 point victory by the end

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT