ADVERTISEMENT

lots of noise re: Banchero today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of it speculation, some saying he has silently verballed to UK, others saying he is going to reclassify and suit up for UK. All of the noise he has shut down, saying I've told you over and over I'm staying in 21.

Well, here's a thought. If he stated that he is going to reclassify now or anytime soon, he would be declared ineligible for Spring and Summer events that for sure he would like to participate in. So, considering that, there is the thought that he will wait til Summer to reclass.

It's all just noise right now, but there is a lot of it out there today.
Thank for sharing Dave much appreciated! Usually where there is smoke there is fire !

Reactions: RunninRichie
I mean think most have thought ( those that are smart enough and well enough informed to have these thoughts not me ) that Banchero was coming to UK one way or another it was just a question of the year. And as others have said he isn't going to say he is reclassing now but we will know the truth come late July . He still says that at that point then he is our best commit in the 2021 class instead . Either way we win most likely.

I will say UK has to have some big they think they are getting or we wouldn't have guys like Cliff O on the back burner .

Reactions: RunninRichie
Legit knew he was gonna post this...I seen a random UK site (doesnt have a big following) post this info this morning/late last night so I took a screen shot of it....if I knew how to post an image on here I would

Last edited:
Reactions: gwjenning
OTHheroics - UK Wildcats #BBN on twitter is where Dave got this info this morning

Dave again, please it a rest dude.

Reactions: ScrooDook92
It should also be noted that Paolo has replied back to this twitter account ...the guy is prob making it all up like dave does

Reactions: Cat Ballou
OK, thank you for the info, much appreciated.

If you're reading Rafters Boogie, hope you're healing up well, we need you back here when you're up to it buddy.
He could be lurking.. I was on life support for 3 days and within an hour of waking up I was on here from withdrawls that came up in an hour,, lol.. I didn't post any that whole month stay in hospital.. Side note,, Micheal Jackson milk is gooooood.. N speedy recovery,, boogie..

It is becoming common practice for elite recruits who are considering a move up in class to wait until after the spring/summer circuits to announce such a move. Otherwise, they would be deemed ineligible to participate and it could effect their overall ranking.
Aside from that, some recruits have placed high value on achieving immediate goals within reach. It's Cal and his staff's job to convince certain recruits to forego these goals to move closer to the ultimate prize. Yes, you can stay in high school and dominate inferior competition but does that facilitate growth as a player and get you closer to becoming a paid professional?
I think in the end Banchero will ultimately reclassify and join UK's 2020 recruiting class because time is money. Like Cal always says, "it isn't about the first contract you sign, rather the second." The quicker you can secure a second contract the better you've done to optimize your basketball career.

For what it’s worth (not much), I have a friend who is a Gonzaga grad and follows their recruiting as closely as we follow UK. He tells me that every time Banchero visits Spokane he tells anyone who asks that he’s going to Gonzaga.

That lines up with exactly how he acted when he visited UK, telling everyone that he was coming to Kentucky.

I think that’s just what he does every time he visits. Maybe it’s a mechanism to help him decide where he feels most comfortable. Maybe he’s just a nice kid that wants to make his hosts happy. But I get the feeling our “insiders” are putting to much weight on the positive vibes he gives off on visits. I’m still hopeful that we get him. He’s a game changer. But chatter, whispers, and rumblings haven’t paid off much recently.

For what it’s worth (not much), I have a friend who is a Gonzaga grad and follows their recruiting as closely as we follow UK. He tells me that every time Banchero visits Spokane he tells anyone who asks that he’s going to Gonzaga.

That lines up with exactly how he acted when he visited UK, telling everyone that he was coming to Kentucky.

I think that’s just what he does every time he visits. Maybe it’s a mechanism to help him decide where he feels most comfortable. Maybe he’s just a nice kid that wants to make his hosts happy. But I get the feeling our “insiders” are putting to much weight on the positive vibes he gives off on visits. I’m still hopeful that we get him. He’s a game changer. But chatter, whispers, and rumblings haven’t paid off much recently.
I mean they sure have paid off in 2020 class. I do agree less so for the 2018/19 but those 2 years were outliers and we still loaded up on talented . And it sure sounds like they are paying off for 2021 with the likes of Hardy , BHH and others. But yes it ain't over til its over.

I would believe Dave before a lot of other posters on here. Sometime the things you hear always don't turn out the way it is told. Dave is not been one to just throw something against the wall.
Dude, I literally just posted the account from twitter dave got this from

If people dislike a certain poster they shoul.d just put them on ignore instead of acting like assholes.
I think it’s purely altruism. They aren’t being cynics, or assholes, though it may seem to be just that. It’s really acting out of love and concern - they are so worried someone might be led astray that they just have to let everyone know the truth. That’s my preferred inference. Heh.

Reactions: kyups01
I think it’s purely altruism. They aren’t being cynics, or assholes, though it may seem to be just that. It’s really acting out of love and concern - they are so worried someone might be led astray that they just have to let everyone know the truth. That’s my preferred inference. Heh.
I just get irritated people believe this guy. I knew as soon as I came across that account that posted that yesterday I'd see a post from Dave today and sure enough the first time I sign on here it is....and here again are the people believing him. Like I said I even took a screen shot of as soon as I seen it to add to the post that I knew for certain dave would make today but I can never figure a way to post a pic. Instead I put the account name he got the info from

Not going to be a popular opinion, but Banchero is a lock for Washington.
The Washington that landed studs Isiah Stewart and McDaniels who I rarely hear about now while UW has amassed an impressive 12-15 record, 2-12 in the hardcore Pac 12 and after tonight have lost 9 straight. I heard they are going for 10 in a row and nothing can detour them from it.

I can't see anyone wanting to go to that joke of a program after this implosion. Hell, they make Texas look good LMFAO.

If people dislike a certain poster they should just put them on ignore instead of acting like assholes.
That's exactly what I had to do. You give these people the benefit of the doubt, but they continue to bash, bash and bash UK fans some more. Some people are just miserable lots in life, they never grow out of that bullying stage. [thumb2]

The Washington that landed studs Isiah Stewart and McDaniels who I rarely hear about now while UW has amassed an impressive 12-15 record, 2-12 in the hardcore Pac 12 and after tonight have lost 9 straight. I heard they are going for 10 in a row and nothing can detour them from it.

I can't see anyone wanting to go to that joke of a program after this implosion. Hell, they make Texas look good LMFAO.

Do you really think that matters to them if they win or loose a game?? They aren't pushed hard to play college games & will be millionaires in a couple months that's what matters to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT