ADVERTISEMENT

Lost my best friend todayHe

Sorry for your loss. For the last three years we have lost all three of our palms, each one lasted a year and one day apart so from October 12th to the 14th was very tuff. We started out saying we would not get another one. But man it got so hard and things around the house just wasn't getting any better. we tried filling that void but nothing eased the missing feeling we had. I finally had enough and broke down and started looking, although we couldn't find more palms we came up on a lady in western Kentucky that had two baby miniature yorkies and it was on again.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Hey listen, I feel bad for the dude and the dog, I responded too.

I might be that guy, but I'm going to point out the obvious here. People lose parents and the threads aren't this long.

America and their dogs. Get's crazy.

But I definitely respect your situation.

Hey listen, I feel bad for the dude and the dog, I responded too.

I might be that guy, but I'm going to point out the obvious here. People lose parents and the threads aren't this long.

America and their dogs. Get's crazy.

But I definitely respect your situation.

A dogs life is more condensed. In a short 15 year period you can see it go from a puppy so fat it can’t get up a step to having a brain tumor causing seizures, being mostly deaf, half blind, and with arthritis eating its body. We only get to see part of that, the worst part for those of us who’ve buried our parents. And btw I didn’t cry at my dads funeral. I wept.

Oh man so sorry to hear that!! I went through a divorce in 2000 lots of fighting over everything you know the story , worst part of it all I lost my dog !! Today I have a little Maltese and I honestly wouldnt take any amount of money for her , can’t bear to think of her not being there waiting for me to get home everyday. Sure sorry to hear that OP !!

Last edited:
I have gone through this seven times in my life , and each time a part of me died.
I am not ashamed to admit that I cried each time.
Every time it happens, I tell myself "no more dogs for me" and each time I feel the void not having God's greatest
gift to humans.
I feel sorry for your loss, and I hope you find a new friend.
BTW, In my computer room I have the pictures of all my dogs.
In a few months your pain will be less as we (humans) adjust and accept the fact, but you will never forget him or her.

:cry:I'm sorry to hear about Eddie Boy MrHotDice. This is never an easy time. Dogs are not here very long but just long enough to become apart of our lives and know you have to live so much longer without them being here hurts the most. Dogs are more lovable than the cruel people of this world.
Heard a story recently about parents consoling their child after the family dog died and the child was coping much better than expected when she said that God takes the dogs to heaven sooner than people because dogs share all their love much quicker. The parents were left in tears.

Proof that dog is mans best friend = Lock your dog and your wife/girlfriend in the trunk of your car for one hour on a hot summer day. Then open your trunk and see which one is happier to see you with affection!
I had learned about this experiment before and tried it...it's true, the dog was definitely happiest to see me.

I had to put my best friend down today. Eddie Boy, my beloved Jack Russell Terrier, was 14 and had advanced cancer in his hips and lungs. I bought him at the Paintsville Stock Yard when he was 5 weeks old and since then he has been such a big part of my life. My wife who died from cancer years ago loved him so much. I’m sure they are together now because all dogs go to heaven.

Eddies love and unconditional loyalty is what makes owning a dog so great but also is why it hurts so much when the time comes to end their pain. Here in Taiwan he was a legend. He never meet a stranger, loved kids, and never run from a fight. They cremate dogs here And since my wife and daughter and I will be moving back to Paintsville I will be bringing him home. As a side note, he and I would watched UK basketball when I lived in Nevada. He would sit beside me and bark at the screen whenever UK scored.

He will be so missed.

Mahalo for that beautifully written remembrance...I kind remember you using his photo in your messages and I know how much he meant to you.

Aloha

AlohaCat
(By way of Johnson County)

I echo what Mnjo stated in his post, each time I have lost a dog part of me died , it takes time but I will always have the memories that will stay with me forever

I have videos , pictures on my cell phone , on my computer , on my book shelf , don’t know if I did this right but tried posting a picture of Gabby and Xena , the lab boxer sisters that I adopted over 16 years ago , gabby past away over 6 months ago , Xena 14 makes moths ago

Since then have adopted a lab boxer puppy

We had to put down our border collie last summer. 14 yrs old with arthritis. She slipped walking on the hardwood floor and broke her front leg. Location of the break suggested bone cancer. One of the toughest things you’ll ever do is putting down your pet. Even though there were no other options, it just rips your heart out.

Who remembers Old Yeller,dam right I cried.

Thanks again fellas for all your kind remarks. It’s good to know that we all have the kindness required to love something that loves us back unconditionally.

I had to put my best friend down today. Eddie Boy, my beloved Jack Russell Terrier, was 14 and had advanced cancer in his hips and lungs. I bought him at the Paintsville Stock Yard when he was 5 weeks old and since then he has been such a big part of my life. My wife who died from cancer years ago loved him so much. I’m sure they are together now because all dogs go to heaven.

Eddies love and unconditional loyalty is what makes owning a dog so great but also is why it hurts so much when the time comes to end their pain. Here in Taiwan he was a legend. He never meet a stranger, loved kids, and never run from a fight. They cremate dogs here And since my wife and daughter and I will be moving back to Paintsville I will be bringing him home. As a side note, he and I would watched UK basketball when I lived in Nevada. He would sit beside me and bark at the screen whenever UK scored.

He will be so missed.
The unconditional love and devotion is unparalleled... the greeting you when you have been away... they are God’s special creatures put on earth to give us happiness, so sorry for your loss. I am dreading the day I lose my child, my 7 year old Brussels Griffon .. Sammy... I do not know how I will handle it!

I have a boxer "Achilles' he is 9 and for 9 he is healthy as can be but know he is getting up there. I have raised him since he was a pup and my parents treat him like a grand kid, spoiled rotten. I fear the day we loose him. Sorry for you loss !

He will be so missed.
So sorry to hear man. Losing a dog is heartbreaking. I went through the same situation in October and my blood pressure was through the roof for 2 months. It still hurts. Now I have my other dog in a bad situation. Again so sorry bro. Just thinking about it makes my eyes water.

He will be so missed.
Really sorry for your loss. I've always thought that pets were part of the family and it's really difficult when one passes away. Probably the only negative about owning a pet is the loss and grief one feels when that happens. However, animals love unconditionally and make one a better person.

We had to put down our border collie last summer. 14 yrs old with arthritis. She slipped walking on the hardwood floor and broke her front leg. Location of the break suggested bone cancer. One of the toughest things you’ll ever do is putting down your pet. Even though there were no other options, it just rips your heart out.
I think one of the worst things in life is having to put down a beloved pet. My ex-wife left me with her three cats that SHE brought home. When we separated she told me that I either take care of them or they were going to the shelter because she didn't want them anymore. I hate to see animals mistreated especially by someone that supposedly loved them so I took care of them until each one had to be put down and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, three times. I feel your pain, sincerely.

He will be so missed.
I had my 3 year old boxer put to sleep today due to health complications. Haven’t stopped crying since noon today when it hit me. I just can’t let it go nor stop blaming myself. Pup had the biggest heart and loyalty. I feel like I let her down. RIP.

jBFy1q

That’s what happened almost exactly with our Border Collie. She was also 14, also fell and broke her foreleg. She’s been gone almost four years now
Prior to Schatzi, we had an Australian Shepherd who we had to let go when she was 11; she developed hemolytic anemia.
Two of the smartest dogs I’ve ever known and miss them both so very much

Reactions: KeepingItReal74
A little (personal) Dog theology:
* God created dogs and gave them a "spirit" (not a soul)
* God never wastes anything
* Heaven is a better place than earth
* So it stands to reason that animals will be there too.
* I honestly believe our pets will be with us
WARNING: be careful how many pets you own! :sunglasses:

I had a dog when I was a kid. I was like 8 or 9 when he died. It took me TWENTY years to get another one. I love her to death. And I dread the day when I have to let her go. She’s 7 now. This is my first dog that I’ve raised from a puppy. Ugh. I’m not looking forward to it at all.

Dogs are family. Cats (both UK and otherwise) are as well. Any pet becomes a part of our lives and it hurts to have something you cared for die. I hate when my fish pass. Granted, no dog, and I don’t get emotional, but it’s a downer on the day to be sure.

I’m sorry for your loss. As someone else said, dogs are too good for us. And as I’ve always heard the joke told, “If dogs aren’t in Heaven, then I ain’t going.” I’d like to think that when we go to our Father that one of the first spirits that await us will be our beloved animal friends.

Every time I pray, I ask GOD if there is a dog heaven, and if I deserve to go to heaven, please send me there. All my gone 7 dogs are there. I have a 13 year old Rat Terrier (Dixie) and she has slowed down considerably. I am not looking facing the day I lose her.
Dogs are God's gift to human race.

Last edited:
Same with my daughter, she is 12 and was Eddies love. She has not stopped crying and I’m not ashamed to say neither have I. Just make sure you all keep your smell around him because dogs get comfort from this. I took Eddie to the vet wrapped in my T-shirt and was with him when he died but the last thing he saw was me and my daughter and the last thing he smelled was our love wrapped around him. Was their when my father died and my mother died but this was harder than anything I have ever done. You always question yourself but Eddie was suffering so and had lost one lung already.

I told my daughter we were just doing away any pain and sending him to heaven but it’s still the hardest decision I have ever made.

Just love and spoil them to the end because they love you.

So sorry. I genuinely feel the pain in your words. Feel blessed to have been given the great companion for 15 years. Our family recently bought a puppy and were truly attached. I’m already dreading that day.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
There is nothing like the unconditional love given by man's best friend.
I just gave my buddy Jasper a big hug.
Sorry for your loss...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT