ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Cal is back, so I’m out.

You only watch games that we win??? Is this a thing for the new generation??? I see a lot of people say this and it makes me laugh and face palm every time.
If you read my entire post you might understand what I said much better.

I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety, I can't control it, and watching a UK game now is almost impossible, and I hate it. If you've ever known someone with severe anxiety, true anxiety, then you might understand where I'm coming from. Knowing from the tip that we're in for a "rock fight" is not conducive to staying calm. And I'm 61 years old, so get out of here with that .

I wonder if any of the 300 people who have said, “I’m out til Cal’s gone” since Thursday will prove they are not full of sh&t.

About a dozen have already crawled back here without a hint of shame after vowing to never post again.

Funny how you’ve now had to resort to arbitrarily calling out fans who claim the above instead of being able to defend Calipari any further. You’re truly an absolute clown.

You are more concerned with “gotcha” moments of proving fans who say they won’t watch actually do watch instead of retracting or owning up to any of your idiotic statements and comments defending virtue signaling Calipari.

Do better.

Last edited:
I’m not totally out but UK Basketball will no longer be appointment TV for me. Not that I ever ditch my wife and kids for it…but I am usually like, “Hey, UK’s playing tonight.” So they usually know what that means (watch with me or go find something else to do). This will no longer be the case as long as JVC is our coach. I can’t do it anymore. It’s time for him to leave.

^^^This could not be anymore accurate!!! hahahahahaha!

This board is hilarious... it's mostly Men doing the pouting.

It has become glaringly obvious the only ones defending Calipari to this degree are doing so because they like him personally or his message/ politics.

That is beta male energy to the fullest.

I get maybe not saying “fire him and hire Scott Drew!” (Drew is not good). But to lambast and insult fans who want a change? Yeah that’s beta male energy and you’re doing so for other reasons.

It’s impossible to defend Calipari at this point.

If you read my entire post you might understand what I said much better.

I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety, I can't control it, and watching a UK game now is almost impossible, and I hate it. If you've ever known someone with severe anxiety, true anxiety, then you might understand where I'm coming from. Knowing from the tip that we're in for a "rock fight" is not conducive to staying calm. And I'm 61 years old, so get out of here with that .

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were saying UK was the cause of your severe anxiety. I also struggle with anxiety and depression. Hopefully you accept my sincere apologies.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you were saying UK was the cause of your severe anxiety. I also struggle with anxiety and depression. Hopefully you accept my sincere apologies.
Apology accepted.

Sorry to hear you also suffer from that ; no one really understands anxiety unless you have it, I know I didn't. Watching a UK game live can put me in a bad way, and having to leave the den to go read a book is heartbreaking for me as a lifelong UK fan.

Goodbye GIF

Apology accepted.

Sorry to hear you also suffer from that ; no one really understands anxiety unless you have it, I know I didn't. Watching a UK game live can put me in a bad way, and having to leave the den to go read a book is heartbreaking for me as a lifelong UK fan.

Thank you, I appreciate that. It sucks for sure. Not sure if you are a man of faith but I find comfort in reading God’s word when my anxiety is acting up more than normal. If you will accept them, I will also pray for you.

Listening to uplifting music, taking a drive/walk down an old dirt road and fishing also are my go to as well. Sometimes all we need is some sunshine!

Here’s to hoping that you get to watch many UK victories this upcoming season! 👊

And you enjoy the program going further down the drain as you support that trajectory. Sir.
Dude. Calm down, take a breath. I’ve been there. Believe me, it is not a good place to be. Take a walk, read a book, find some joy in your life to dissuade the anguish you feel right now. This has gotten his attention. He acts like he doesn’t hear the fans, he hears everybody. Now he must go about proving it. I believe he knows he’s being given one last opportunity to fix things here.

So many FOS people on here. You will all be watching every game, reading every article and paying attention to everything going on around UK basketball. Stop trying to be mister high horse and admit you are full of it.
Nice shot Reed!!

Damn, Wagner sucks!

Reed getting beat on defense over and over

Reed is complete garbage on d tonight. Just losing his guy over and over again

Reed got totally baffled by their goofy white guy on that possession

Such a stupid ass play by Reed. Regardless if it was a foul or not that’s so damn dumb

Reed a total no show on offense tonight

Reed with zero shots. At some point he needs to start participating in the offense. This is multiple games in a row.

Is Reed planning to do anything on offense? I know we all love him but he hasn’t done crap offensively multiple games in a row.

This is stupid. Look at Reed the last few games. He’s been bad

When is Reed going to start shooting the ball?

WTF is Reed doing tonight?

Great start Reed. Really impressive so far

Reed continues to refuse to participate in the offense. 1 shot yet again

Give it up man. Reed has been garbage in multiple SEC games. When the real games started he has gone backwards.

No, it’s 100% on Reed. Nobody will say it because he is the Kentucky wonder boy but his defense and the end of the game nonsense cost us this game

Reed is so freaking bad tonight

Reed is now 3 for his last 9 FT. Add in the terrible defense and he’s not the same player from weeks ago

Reed is a total no show on offense yet again

Why does Reed continue to get a pass for never showing up on offense but DJ and Edwards get bashed relentlessly?

Hey Reed - maybe take a shot?

Reed - you planning to play this game or no?

Well Reed is the worst player on the court so starting him would not have helped

Reed is a joke tonight. Not ready at all

Reed is by far the worst player in the court tonight. Getting torched on d and won’t shoot the ball

Nicely done Reed

So glad Reed came to play tonight

Reed lost us this game. No chance that dude is ready for the NBA.

I’ve said dozens of times I don’t care if Cal is here or not and it’s time for a change.

But the morons on here who continue to give the players a pass are ignorant.

How did Boy wonder Reed do tonight? Where is the thread bashing him for being pathetic?

I think Kentucky should have made a change, but I`ll always support the team/players. I`ve been a UK fan too long to abandon them now. No way could I not support them just because I disagree on the decision. I`m a fan for life................. no band wagon here.

I wonder if any of the 300 people who have said, “I’m out til Cal’s gone” since Thursday will prove they are not full of sh&t.

About a dozen have already crawled back here without a hint of shame after vowing to never post again.
Well 301 I guess
I never said I’d never post but I’m sure as heck not watching anymore games if Calipari is coach
And believe me. I mean it

Well 301 I guess
I never said I’d never post but I’m sure as heck not watching anymore games if Calipari is coach
And believe me. I mean it
As nice as he pretends to be in the d league can you believe how crazy he is on rafters

I doubt that there's anyone who's been on this board for 3 years or more who doesn't know how I feel about CCC. Unfortunately, CCC has robbed me - and I suspect some of you - of the excitement that I used to feel anticipating Big Blue b'ball on TV. I'll continue to watch the games, until they get intolerable ... which happens to me fairly often. When a particular game gets intolerable, I just turn it off. It took me a long time to develop the emotional capability to do that. But CCC just constantly sets us up for overwhelming disappointment. I try not to allow myself to expect anything more than mediocrity. That somewhat protects me from the disappointment. But it also take most of the fun out of watching.
The Lord requires me to forgive CCC for stealing my joy. The approaching Good Friday, and the sacrifice that was made for me on that day, constrain me to forgive him, and I have, and I will. But I don't like it, and I don't think The Lord requires me to feel warm and fuzzy about it. And that's sure a good thing !
Blessings to all during this Holy Week.

Well me for one. I will not watch, listen, or care about UK basketball. I'm done getting emotionally invested in something that I don't agree with the direction of. This DOES NOT mean I hope they lose. I hope they win every game. I will still check scores maybe and I mean maybe catch a Tom Leach highlight but nothing else. I will not watch, attend, or buy any UK merch until Cal is gone. If you or anyone else thinks next year will be different you are fooling yourself. The ONE and only thing in common over the last 4 or 5 years is Cal himself. So at some point, you have to come to the realization that he is the problem. I don't spend a lot but I did spend what I could afford. Now I will put that money to other uses.

I stopped watching (as a die hard fan) about 4–5 years ago after attending quite a few UK games in my life. I was in Bloomington when we played IU with John Wall, Boogie, and the gang. It was amazing. I went down to TN when we lost there with Herro. Some guy sitting behind us was shouting, "He ain't my hero!" all game LOL. Annoying as heck, but it was still fun.

I ultimately stopped watching regularly because I started my own business and just had way too much to do. I can't afford to pay for any good seats at Rupp, I can't afford to emotionally invest myself in a bunch of young kids, a few of whom will make more than me in one year than I'll make in my lifetime and who probably aren't worried about the average fan. If things are going well, I'll kick back and watch a game now and again, but I'm nowhere near the die-hard I used to be.

Unlike Cal, I have to be good at my job to get paid anything.

My blood pressure has improved, and so has almost everything in my life. I still put UK in all my winning brackets, but no more.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Dude, you made your point. Do you want to keep this up. You seem to have a whole lot of time as I see you posting like this to others. Dang, I gave you a little prop. Drop it...
Sorry. I got a 24 hour ban so I couldn’t apologize before now

• Wow
Reactions: BBUK
Sorry. I got a 24 hour ban so I couldn’t apologize before now

No apology necessary but thank you. It takes a man or woman to do that. I have a loyal streak a mile wide. Stubborn yeah but patient. Take care, I will be ribbing you hard tomorrow. ;)

No apology necessary but thank you. It takes a man or woman to do that. I have a loyal streak a mile wide. Stubborn yeah but patient. Take care, I will be ribbing you hard tomorrow. ;)
I like joking and joke 95 percent of the time on here. If you wanna make fun of me, my bracket I filled out has been the target lately from all my friends. Lord it’s awful. But every year no matter what I put us down to win it. I just can’t help it lol

After 62 years from Cotton Nash to present, I am
Out. It is one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. Football and baseball that is it.
👍🏻 same here I’ll not take it out on football but basketball I’m not buying or watching anything

Well me for one. I will not watch, listen, or care about UK basketball. I'm done getting emotionally invested in something that I don't agree with the direction of. This DOES NOT mean I hope they lose. I hope they win every game. I will still check scores maybe and I mean maybe catch a Tom Leach highlight but nothing else. I will not watch, attend, or buy any UK merch until Cal is gone. If you or anyone else thinks next year will be different you are fooling yourself. The ONE and only thing in common over the last 4 or 5 years is Cal himself. So at some point, you have to come to the realization that he is the problem. I don't spend a lot but I did spend what I could afford. Now I will put that money to other uses.
👍🏻 good post

Dude. Calm down, take a breath. I’ve been there. Believe me, it is not a good place to be. Take a walk, read a book, find some joy in your life to dissuade the anguish you feel right now. This has gotten his attention. He acts like he doesn’t hear the fans, he hears everybody. Now he must go about proving it. I believe he knows he’s being given one last opportunity to fix things here.
I'll say a couple things here:
- Not proud of my language or letting this make me act in an embarrassing way...just setting myself up to be mocked (and banned, for the first time ever, even if it was just for a week). But...I also laughed about it and my wife, dad and friends thought it was funny as well. So, honestly, whatever. I can live without this dumb board.
- I won't apologize one bit for the Cal hate. He's a sack, his family too. None of them will change. Things won't improve. We will just continue to suffer as fans until he's gone, and probably a few years after that because of the prolonged recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT