ADVERTISEMENT

So is this really it?

So if Cal has another season like this season or even worse than I’m assuming nothing will be done? Knowing that as a Kentucky fan is very disheartening.

When all these Cal lovers start complaining next season, I will be sitting back watching and just laughing.

Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twice shame on me

I wont be fooled again
Any yet here you are.

Stop it.

You Cal fans got your " one more year" and that will be the same battle cry next year and every year until either MB retires or Cal's contract finally expires.

Nothing will happen until then with the Don of College Basketball.
You think Cal is the greatest coach of all time. Disgusting.

Obviously there is a disconnect between the goals we as fans/alumni/Kentuckians have for the men's program and the goals the coach has and the goals the UK administration has.

I am biased as my job had very specific goals that we were evaluated on doing every year. First, we had a set of goals that were required, kind of the day to day things that were expected. Then we had the goals we were striving to meet. My opinion on the UK basketball goals for each interested party...

We as fans have a set: at a minimum - winning record; have a team we connect with; win majority of the big regular season games; compete for SEC regular season and tournament titles; Sweet 16...

Coach has a set: develop players for NBA; make those select players wealthy; bring fame/glory to himself/brand...

UK administration has a set: make money; no/little drama; look good to the "powers that be"; use UK basketball to further their agenda(s)...

Until the UK administration's goals are in line with the fans goals, then we fans should find something more constructive to do with our time, energy, and money then waste it on UK. I stopped buying my UK football season tickets in 2021; no longer associate with the UK Alumni program (even though I am a lifetime member as is my wife); no longer buy UK merch; no longer wear/use UK merch (what I still have is in a container in the attic); only watch UK sports for free if I watch at all.

I'll comeback as a fan and financial supporter when Capilouto, Barnhart, and Calipari are gone...
Yeah, it's pretty obvious this administration doesn't prioritize winning. It's just a cash grab. Unfortunately we have a ton of fans who have more money than they do sense, and will continue to support it and nothing will change. I'll be finding new hobbies to spend my money on.

You think Cal is the greatest coach of all time. Disgusting.
Nice deflection. I wasn't the one calling for "one more year".

And if you think that I in any way believe that Cal is even a COMPETENT coach, you are reading comprehension challenged.

I have been VERY clear about what I think of Cal as a coach.

How about you??

Reactions: kywildcat41086
So if Cal has another season like this season or even worse than I’m assuming nothing will be done? Knowing that as a Kentucky fan is very disheartening.

When all these Cal lovers start complaining next season, I will be sitting back watching and just laughing.

Fool me once shame on you
Fool me twice shame on me

I wont be fooled again
lol

9-16
Lose to #15 seed
Lose to Vandy in 1st round of SEC
Lose to KState
Lose to UNC Wilmington
Lose three in a row at rupp
Lose to A&M in first round of sec
Lose to #14 seed.

It’s getting worse not better. The guy is washed.

They fooled us once, twice, three times already. Then this year for four. And next year will be five.

Nice deflection. I wasn't the one calling for "one more year".

And if you think that I in any way believe that Cal is even a COMPETENT coach, you are reading comprehension challenged.

I have been VERY clear about what I think of Cal as a coach.

How about you??
Quote the post where I said he should be given another year. I'll wait.

Funny how that works.
I know what I've said and you know what you have said.

You do you.

The " one more year narrative and if Yada Yada Yada, Cal will be gone is just horse manure political BS and anyone with half a brain knows it after 4 straight years of "one more year" with the same results. Nada.

And here's your chance. If you don't want Cal to be here "one more year", just say it right now.

I know what I've said and you know what you have said.

You do you.

The " one more year narrative and if Yada Yada Yada, Cal will be gone is just horse manure political BS and anyone with half a brain knows it after 4 straight years of "one more year" with the same results. Nada.

And here's your chance. If you don't want Cal to be here "one more year", just say it right now.
I have stated it multiple times I am ready to move on from Cal. I also think this is his last if we don't have success. This was the first offseason where outside of forums and small pockets of fans the outcry for his job was almost universal. 20 million will not hold back a change next year.

My main point was I wish a section of this board would stop trying to use the "You love Cal" insult as if 98% of the board isn't in the fire him boat. There are like 5 posters that post consistently that want him to keep his job. That's it.

I have stated it multiple times I am ready to move on from Cal. I also think this is his last if we don't have success. This was the first offseason where outside of forums and small pockets of fans the outcry for his job was almost universal. 20 million will not hold back a change next year.

My main point was I wish a section of this board would stop trying to use the "You love Cal" insult as if 98% of the board isn't in the fire him boat. There are like 5 posters that post consistently that want him to keep his job. That's it.
Welcome to the fam.

Most UK fans don't "hate" Cal.

Most UK fans just "hate" to lose and don't see a way forward with Cal that gets us back to winning games that are important to the fanbase and the UK brand.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
Welcome to the fam.

Most UK fans don't "hate" Cal.

Most UK fans just "hate" to lose and don't see a way forward with Cal that gets us back to winning games that are important to the fanbase and the UK brand.
I also don’t hate Cal. He gave us some great teams, a championship, and almost the greatest season of all time. I just agree that it’s no longer working and outside of a run this year, will end.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT