ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Cal is back, so I’m out.

I'll continue to watch just like I have since 1978. Doesn't mean I like whats happening. I won't be donating to the school when they call though.

^^^This could not be anymore accurate!!! hahahahahaha!

This board is hilarious... it's mostly Men doing the pouting.

Unfortunately I think the “pouting” as you call it, I say maybe anger, suppose could be the same thing was the last phase, the ST Peter’s loss then returning the player of the year, with good players and recruits only to have a not-so-good season.

I think we are really close to the Meh, stage, and that’s what kills a program. Pouting and anger show passion and care, when your fans get to the point where they no longer care then you are in trouble.

I have family and best friends that were die hard IU fans years ago and now they don’t even know when they play. Only difference between us and when IU started their downfall is we have draft night I guess I don’t know.

I understand both sides of it. I tell myself I’m not going to watch anymore because we all know the result. If you knew the line up for the Oakland game you knew we were losing, but still I watched because it’s just what we do, until it isn’t.

I'm sure Louisville fandom has room for you all, I mean you all can root against Coach Cal together.

OK that's my confirmation. I'm not sure what's more outrageous...that you keep finding a way to post here without mods stopping you or that I keep running into your 50,000 alternate usernames without realizing it. I'll readily admit to that particular "L"
You're the one name-calling and berating people for having a different opinion than you. You have made multiple personal attacks towards me and I have not returned the favor. It's literally pissing you off because I choose to take the high road and be the better person. I only have one account btw, not that it matters in the least.

I used the ignore button for the first time today, and boy it feels great!

Again, Have a Good Day Sir.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
You're the one name-calling and berating people for having a different opinion than you. You have made multiple personal attacks towards me and I have not returned the favor. It's literally pissing you off because I choose to take the high road and be the better person. I only have one account btw, not that it matters in the least.

I used the ignore button for the first time today, and boy it feels great!

Again, Have a Good Day Sir.
I don't believe any of that for a second so have a bad day today and every day from now on, bitch.

Have not posted in a while. But there hasn't been a LOT of good UK BBall things to say the last several years. Let us be real. The new crop of freshman, with a couple of returnees, will end up exactly the same next year. Cal will NOT bring in elite portal guys and we know it. He will continue what he has always done. He will play his "super" freshman no matter what. He said the same BS as always yesterday. Cal will continue to belittle us UK fans next year. He will continue what he has done the last decade. The end result next year will probably be him losing the all time win record back to Kansas. He doesn't build teams well anymore. Defense...pfft what is that. Opposing coaches stress to portal guys to look at Cal's record the last 5 years. Look at how he rides and dies with his freshman five stars. If you really listened to him yesterday, you could hear it in his voice. He even knows he will play the freshman. I want us to return to elite level. You have fallen badly when teams like Oakland are thrilled they drew UK in the first round. Cal put on a good act yesterday. But reality is, we know what he is and what we have. Time for a fresh start. But we all know yesterday's show was part of Barn bringing him back. Probably gave him a checklist of what to say. I will always love my cats. But Cal's time should be over.

If Cal knows this is his last opportunity to turn things around then maybe it will light a fire under him. Hopefully he will now focus on making Kentucky a national title contender instead of a feeder program to the NBA.

frustrated-young-child-sulking-with-crossed-arms-and-dirty-look.jpg
Losers like you are why UK is going to be the next Indiana! So feel free to reply with a loser GIF to match your loser mentality, loser🤡

Reactions: G0 B1G BLUE
So many FOS people on here. You will all be watching every game, reading every article and paying attention to everything going on around UK basketball. Stop trying to be mister high horse and admit you are full of it.
Genuine question here: if fans are (beyond) rightfully unhappy with the coach leading their team, what are they "allowed" to say? I mean, that wouldn't draw your derision?

So many FOS people on here. You will all be watching every game, reading every article and paying attention to everything going on around UK basketball. Stop trying to be mister high horse and admit you are full of it.
You forgot to mention bashing every single player in the game threads...talk about being at full capacity.
[roll]

SgBKJe9.png

Unfortunate situation for all - we all love UK basketball and we are in hopeless situation with Cal. He can’t Coach anymore he’s lost his ability to motivate and quite frankly is horrible at X & o’s - that’s easy to tell because he never talks about them

That is true, I have noticed a few say they were done but still post regularly. I figured they would the are still fans of UK. We have been thru many coaches, I remember Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, Tubby, BCG and Cal. And there were times where I disliked all of them at some time but my love for UK never wavered
Posting and watching games are two different things. Obviously there is no UK games to watch now anyway. If Reed comes back I will watch games starting off at least. If the season gets off to the same ole same ole I’ll probably check out early into the SEC slate. If Reed doesn’t come back good chance I won’t watch at all but will still keep up and read about things on here as I’m sure it will be great reading if the season is shit which I expect it to be (with or without Reed).

The fact that people want to bring back a coach in charge of a program that in the last 4 years has

- no post season success, has destroyed its relationship with the fans, enabling to useless assistants to get premium high paying jobs in their field, (one of whom may allegedly be closing down bars with co-Eds and drinking to excess on a regular basis) and blew a six figure NIL opportunity for our all American by never mentioning it to him. (pilgrim said he had a source confirm it).

WE ARE REALLY GONNA BRING THIS GUY BACK?

maybe this gives Mitch a year to zero in on candidates. I’ve been saying Billy Donovan and I’m not sure he can survive another season as a play in team. Jay wright will of been out of coaching for a decent bit and might want to get back in.

With the powers invested in me from catspaw, we can at least keep chatter going to make his last year here miserable. Damnit I want Kentucky to play the Maui.

Reactions: wkycatfan
I won’t financially support the program via merchandise or ticket purchases until a change is made.

But I’m still gonna follow the team and root for the players to win.

Swearing UK basketball off altogether is a) a lie that only about 2 percent of people who are saying they’ll do this will actually do b) seems like some toddler style self punishment to me.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
I'm like the people that say if so in wins I'm moving to Canada...no I'm not moving to Canada. No, I'll probably never stop watching UK. I may boycott Rupp Arena, but I'll still be peaking in through the window to see what's going on. My love for UK outweighs my disdain for Cal.
Wish everyone felt this way. A portion of our fanbase has it ass backwards.

Fair weather fans, fair weather fans everywhere….. and I’m the one that gets called a troll. If you don’t support the team in the bad times, do us all a favor and don’t support them in the good times either.

I wonder if any of the 300 people who have said, “I’m out til Cal’s gone” since Thursday will prove they are not full of sh&t.

About a dozen have already crawled back here without a hint of shame after vowing to never post again.
It takes folks like this to build a cult. Non thinkers who just follow the lead.

Amazing lack of intellect.

Reactions: entropy13
This board is not about the pouting. It is not about the love of our CATS!!!
This board is a way to release. It is therapy for die hard UK Fans. We come here, say our worst, think the worst, discuss what we will and will not do if x-y-z happens or does not happen. If this was about a spouse, about family we would be in a support group or paying for therapy. We are all part of a support group.

Hi! My name is Kirk and I am a UK Fan! It is been 11 years since we last had a championship. I have gone through several of the stages of grief. I am almost to the Charlie Brown Stage (Good Grief!!!). I do not drink, smoke or eat edibles to deal with my UK issues. I come here to get things off my chest. Thank you all for the help in doing so.

I wonder if any of the 300 people who have said, “I’m out til Cal’s gone” since Thursday will prove they are not full of sh&t.

About a dozen have already crawled back here without a hint of shame after vowing to never post again.

My quiet self-imposed exile lasted less than two days. :b

Go easy on people for a while. Practically everyone here is frustrated and making calls with their hearts right now.

I will not be paying attention to the ballgames (watching the games on tv, reading articles) so I doubt I’ll be posting much. I have a family member with season tickets and I get an offer to have their tickets a few times a season. I may take my kid because she loves going to the games. I won’t let Cal take that from me but other than that I’ll be checked out until Cal is gone.

It’s already reached a pitch where I don’t get mad/excited watching the games anymore because Cal has taken that out of me.
Same here, I will continue to keep up with the team, mainly via this place, but I won't be watching one single game. I only watched two this past season, with the loss to Oakland being the second one. I have developed anxiety and it's just horrible trying to watch a team coached by Cal. I can only watch a game the next day, and only if we have won. It's a terrible thing for a fervent, lifelong UK fan, but this is what Cal has done.

I will always be a part of this site, and continue to post, but that's it for me.

Cal actually thinks he can have the best of both worlds, one and done, plus March success. I do not, without some legitimate upperclassmen to mix in.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Same here, I will continue to keep up with the team, mainly via this place, but I won't be watching one single game. I only watched two this past season, with the loss to Oakland being the second one. I have developed anxiety and it's just horrible trying to watch a team coached by Cal. I can only watch a game the next day, and only if we have won. It's a terrible thing for a fervent, lifelong UK fan, but this is what Cal has done.

I will always be a part of this site, and continue to post, but that's it for me.

You only watch games that we win??? Is this a thing for the new generation??? I see a lot of people say this and it makes me laugh and face palm every time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT