ADVERTISEMENT

Lol at Duke

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
While we get our pre season games on the SECN in the bahamas, Duke is up in cold ass canada playing their preseason games. Oh and if you want to watch them you have to purchase a subscription to ESPN+. Cant wait to kick their ass.

Last edited:
1. Candy asses playing mini-cupcake schedule up in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or sumshit.
2. Coach K can't live forever did you know? There can't be more than 15 seasons left of the bastard...max. Some of us WILL out live Dukes heyyday and it will be GLORIOUS.
2a. Tick tock, you duke mofo's are on the clock. We will wait you out.
3. Fuk Duke. Duke fans best cross the street when they see Kentucky fans walking through or kneel down. Your choice .. Kiss the rings.

Last edited:
Their monster opponents up there:

Ryerson University
Univ. of Toronto
McGill University
Ha! Ryerson University?
It's Groundhog Day all over again.
"Ned... Ryerson! Bing! Needlenose Ned? Ned the Head? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. Ned Ryerson: I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing! Ned Ryerson: got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson: I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple times until you told me not to anymore? Well?"

When I saw the headline I was mad as hell. I thought you were making fun of a legend...

john-wayne_u-L-PNEPZD0.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! Ryerson University?
It's Groundhog Day all over again.
"Ned... Ryerson! Bing! Needlenose Ned? Ned the Head? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. Ned Ryerson: I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing! Ned Ryerson: got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson: I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple times until you told me not to anymore? Well?"
Are you OK?

1. Candy asses playing mini-cupcake schedule up in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or sumshit.
2. Coach K can't live forever did you know? There can't be more than 15 seasons left of the bastard...max. Some of us WILL out live Dukes heyyday and it will be GLORIOUS.
3. Fuk Duke. Duke fans best cross the street when they see Kentucky fans walking through or kneel down. Your choice .. Kiss the rings.
Knowing Duke , their fans probably will flop if they came close to an Kentucky fan

I missed the part here in this thread where anyone was worried about DOOK.

First of all I legitimately am starting to loathe Duke more than UL (not yet but it’s teetering that way)
That being said , He’s typically trollish but for once I kind of agree with him. The obsession/ “fear” of Duke masked as pretending that Zion and or whoever will not be very good this year is a bit much here lately.

I firmly believe we have the better team and will most definitely have the better team by March but to act like Zion is some overrated fat guy and to act like Duke won’t have the *potential* to nab a FF/Title is naive imo.

When do they play?
Think they start tonight. I had to painfully wander over to the Puke basketball website to see their powerhouse schedule (hoping no one at work saw my screen...otherwise I'd have ended the day jumping off the roof of the building in embarrassment).

If anyone wants more giggles, look at their non-conf. schedule. I nearly laughed out of my seat.

While we get our pre season games on the SECN in the bahamas, Duke is up in cold ass canada playing their preseason games. Oh and if you want to watch them you have to purchase a subscription to ESPN+. Cant wait to kick their ass.

True but ESPN will show every dunk that Zion has and maybe even a few shots of his bowel movements. You can already tell he is this years Trey Young.

Well it's not cold in August. Besides Duke will have a power TV lineup around their game to ensure ratings. Just preceeding the Duke game will be the corn whole tournament and just after the Duke game will be the 12 and under hide and seek semi finals.

Fun facts about their opponents in Canada (eh?):

McGill University - notable alumni: William Shatner, Justin Trudeau, Leonard Cohen
They've been playing US NCAA teams a lot this month. Blown out recently by Old miss (102-61), Cincinnati (79-53), and Vermont (77-57). Barely lost to South Dakota State (76-69). So obviously we should expect Duke to cream them.

Ryerson University - notable alumni: Eric McCormack
Four players on this team were on Team Toronto that our Cats just blasted Sunday afternoon in the Bahamas.
Many of their ex-players apparently have recently signed pro contracts with Euro teams, including Serbia and France.

Univ. of Toronto notable alumni: Lorne Michaels (Sat Night Live fame), Donald Sutherland
Just came in third place in some international collegiate tournament in Taiwan. Also seem to have random ex-players signing pro deals with Euro or Canadian teams.

Fun facts about their opponents in Canada (eh?):

McGill University - notable alumni: William Shatner, Justin Trudeau, Leonard Cohen
They've been playing US NCAA teams a lot this month. Blown out recently by Old miss (102-61), Cincinnati (79-53), and Vermont (77-57). Barely lost to South Dakota State (76-69). So obviously we should expect Duke to cream them.

Ryerson University - notable alumni: Eric McCormack
Four players on this team were on Team Toronto that our Cats just blasted Sunday afternoon in the Bahamas.
Many of their ex-players apparently have recently signed pro contracts with Euro teams, including Serbia and France.

Univ. of Toronto notable alumni: Lorne Michaels (Sat Night Live fame), Donald Sutherland

Univ. of Toronto just came in third place in some international collegiate tournament in Taiwan.
That was fun. I need a drink now.

Reactions: TheDude73
So you chose to single my post out and weren't referring to me...?

Lol Calm down dude. Absolutely no need for hurt feelings.

No, for the second time... I wasn’t talking about you specifically. I “singled out” (replied) to your post based on you saying “nobody being afraid of Duke”

My comment was in reference to that.

You okay dude?

Reactions: Fox2monk and kev69
Today at 5. Going to watch to see Zion and RJ, it comes with the package if you are subscribed to ESPN (I am since summer is sloooooww so any story about basketball is a nice fix)

Four of the players on Ryerson were on the team Toronto team, they didn’t do much except the Flip big who had about 5reb and 4ast

When do they play?

Lol Calm down dude. Absolutely no need for hurt feelings.

No, for the second time... I wasn’t talking about you specifically. I “singled out” (replied) to your post based on you saying “nobody being afraid of Duke”

My comment was in reference to that.

You okay dude?
I don't need a scolding from you. If you reply to my post, I can only assume your comment was directed toward me and can't read your mind.

I never said the words "nobody being afraid of Duke" that is not a quote of mine. I was only responding to someone saying people here are worried and made the point that this thread was nothing but banter towards them to those missing the purpose of the thread.

Don't put words in my mouth and misconstrue my post to make it out to be something it's not. Your words saying feelings were hurt. I simply asked for an explanation of your post.

There was no hostility in my post but believe what you will as you always do.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT