ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cats

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
I don’t want to disrespect any of the young ladies on the team because I think they are giving their best. Under the current staff they will not win a SEC game this year. It is the worst power 5 girls team I have ever seen. Another brilliant Barnhart move. I have a granddaughter playing D-1 basketball for a mid major and they recently played the lady Cats and lost but the game was a squeaker. I have ESPN + and watch their games as I enjoy watching lots of basketball and I cannot believe how the program fell after Mitchell left.

Last edited:
Why don’t you want to disrespect any of the young ladies?

Sounds like they suck and so does the coach. Call a spade a spade

Coach another bad hire by Barnhart real bad do anybody even go to their games

Why don’t you want to disrespect any of the young ladies?

Sounds like they suck and so does the coach. Call a spade a spade
I hear you, but this is 100% on the coach and AD. Except for 1 great weekend a few years ago, Elzy hasn’t done anything to justify being the coach.

They have 7 wins and its early January
They are awful
But take comfort
U6 had 4 wins all year last year
FOUR
THAT'S PISS POOR PITIFUL
That's all I got!

Go Cats!

There are two top 10 juniors in the state of KY and another top 50 player. I assume she doesn’t get any of them, if somehow she is not fired after this year surely she will be fired if she doesn’t get those girls.

Yeah hoping this is the final year for Elzy. Her winning the sec tourney was the worst things that could have happened to uk women's ball. She has demolished all the hard work that Mitchell build in just a few years! She is NOT what the program needs.

She earns $775,000 per year. Here's a link to her salary structure.

Seriously, how dumb or completely irresponsible is an AD for giving this kind of contract:

"Elzy’s buyout is currently more than $2.5 million: If Kentucky was to fire Elzy without cause, the school would owe her the full remaining base salary and multimedia deal and endorsement money on her contract."

$2.5 million for being a failure. Isn't America a great place to live and work??

For the 775,000th time, coaches salary doesn't matter. You guys are focusing on the wrong things. It's pennies to UK Athletics. It's not some egregious thing Barnhardt did. I agree she's been a disappointment, hasn't lived up to expectations, and if not for that miracle SEC title she'd be gone already. But these endless threads on coaches salaries are just pointless.

Hopefully a change is made this year, barring some inconceivable miracle turnaround and recruiting class for next year. I think UK can attract a good coach, let's hope it happens.

Also she signed a girl in state this year that averaged 8 points a game
She had to field a team. Not defending her just stating a fact. I said after last year they’d not win an SEC game this year.

In way over her head. The Pat Summit coaching tree is not very good. The gal they got a UT now is the only one who’s been any good at all.

Elzy is a disaster.

For the 775,000th time, coaches salary doesn't matter. You guys are focusing on the wrong things. It's pennies to UK Athletics. It's not some egregious thing Barnhardt did. I agree she's been a disappointment, hasn't lived up to expectations, and if not for that miracle SEC title she'd be gone already. But these endless threads on coaches salaries are just pointless.

Hopefully a change is made this year, barring some inconceivable miracle turnaround and recruiting class for next year. I think UK can attract a good coach, let's hope it happens.

I think it bothers most people whenever someone who isn't succeeding is getting paid for failure. For me, it doesn't matter if we are talking sports, government or business.

But, it isn't just the money, it is a guaranteed contract that prevents a university from firing a loser and hiring someone who can do the job and do it well.

And, many of these guaranteed contracts are poor business decisions. Currently, I am in the process of cleaning up a mess in an organization that gave a guaranteed contract to someone who turned out to be another Bobby Knight.

I don’t want to disrespect any of the young ladies on the team because I think they are giving their best. Under the current staff they will not win a SEC game this year. It is the worst power 5 girls team I have ever seen. Another brilliant Barnhart move. I have a granddaughter playing D-1 basketball for a mid major and they recently played the lady Cats and lost but the game was a squeaker. I have ESPN + and watch their games as I enjoy watching lots of basketball and I cannot believe how the program fell after Mitchell left.

Didn't you know they made a run in the SEC tournament 2 or 3 years ago? Apparently that's all that's needed to be granted an extension. The rest of the results be damned.

The best basketball player in the state doesn't even have us listed. I graduated HS with her mom.

To be honest, I think everybody knows Rynne Howard is the reason she has been coach this long. We are not even going to be competitive in the SEC, people are not going to pay money to watch a massacre every home game. She knows her time is short, she has to.

How does Elzy sleep at night? If she makes more than $50,000 a year that is another stain on Barnhart’s resume.
How does she sleep at night? LOL, OK. She’s an awful recruiter and head coach and she sleeps well at night. LOL at your fake outrage. Ain’t been to a women’s game in your life yet you’re outraged.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
That Howard team that won the SEC basically just shut Elzy down and did whatever they wanted. Then they started to win. That should have told Barnfart something then and there.

Impressive win, played very determined and with a lot of hustle.
A shout out to Ajae Petty, with 22 points and a career-high 19 rebounds.
She was one rebound shy of being the first player since Valerie Still (42 points / 20 rebounds) to have a 20 / 20 double-double when she did so on Dec. 19, 1982 against Charleston.
Pretty Good company there.

Go Cats!!

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D
Beat Arkansas. Isn’t that an Sec team?

Just wait and see how it plays out. Let’s see where both teams finish and how many wins. And yes Arkansas is a SEC team and I have seen both teams play several games and knew it would be a toss up but just couldn’t see Arkansas being as bad as UK who lost to a horrible Austin Peay team. Let’s revisit in March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT