ADVERTISEMENT

List of Coaches to Replace Cal.

You gonna do this every time when any other coach struggles or loses?
Why not? Are we not supposed to be critical of other coaches records? Particularly ones that some are calling to be the next coach. It's not like he is struggling with a top 25 team or even a P5. It's Troy who is 166 in Kenpom.

Why not? Are we not supposed to be critical of other coaches records? Particularly ones that some are calling to be the next coach. It's not like he is struggling with a top 25 team or even a P5. It's Troy who is 166 in Kenpom.
Is Cal perfect? If not, why would you think any other coach would be? Very short sighted.

Is Cal perfect? If not, why would you think any other coach would be? Very short sighted.
Did someone claim he was? However, does that change the fact this would be a horrible loss for AR and Musselman? Do we want to hire someone with similar tendancies as the guy we are wanting to fire? Why can we not discuss these things?

Did someone claim he was? However, does that change the fact this would be a horrible loss for AR and Musselman? Do we want to hire someone with similar tendancies as the guy we are wanting to fire? Why can we not discuss these things?
Theres just no discussing basketball with you. You obviously have an agenda. Heaven forbid a team that just played in Hawaii this past weekend coming out flat. Cal's teams come out flat every night. Are you gonna call those out too?

Theres just no discussing basketball with you. You obviously have an agenda. Heaven forbid a team that just played in Hawaii this past weekend coming out flat. Cal's teams come out flat every night. Are you gonna call those out too?
Fresh account, only open since Saturday.

Lol, I'm literally discussing basketball. You just don't like the part I am talking about.

Cal's teams are flat every night? But, yes, I do call out those issues as well. Does that make this okay?

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but he thinks we are all fools for wanting better than what Cal is giving us.
I don’t think your fools for wanting better. Hell, I want better. I think people are fools for thinking Musselman is better.

Reactions: gojvc
I don’t think your fools for wanting better. Hell, I want better. I think people are fools for thinking Musselman is better.
I'd rather have him over some of the other suggestions on here. My choice would be Dan Hurley to be honest. You know he knows how to coach. Just wondering how is recruiting would be.

I'd rather have him over some of the other suggestions on here. My choice would be Dan Hurley to be honest. You know he knows how to coach. Just wondering how is recruiting would be.
So far Dan Hurley has never been out of the 2nd rd. Going to need to see a lot more before I would go that route.

Reactions: gojvc
In fairness Pitino really didn't do jack before he got here. Turned out pretty well.
Lol, what?!?!?!

Just a F4 at Providence, multiple coach if the year awards in 1987. Went to the Knicks and took them to the conference semi-finals in his 2nd year. But yea, you're right, he didn't do jack before. 🤣

Reactions: Broncos000
2 of our last 4 coaches were NBA failures. Successful NBA coaches have no reason to come here.
It’s not 1989 anymore. No NBA coach is leaving on his own accord to take a college job in the current environment. If you’re targeting an NBA coach it will need to be one who is losing a lot of games.

Reactions: Mike-McD
Lol, what?!?!?!

Just a F4 at Providence, multiple coach if the year awards in 1987. Went to the Knicks and took them to the conference semi-finals in his 2nd year. But yea, you're right, he didn't do jack before. 🤣
Like I said, you can't have a good discussion with you. Good day and good bye.

It goes both ways. The COMPLAINERS try to compare us to other teams ("why are we the only team that needs FIXING"), so why not point out that is wrong, as you said NO COACH, NO TEAM is perfect and doesn't need some "fixing".

I like Bennett. All except for his boring offense. However, if he had high level athletes, maybe he plays more fast paste! 😆
I Doubt it. I agree with most stuff u come up with. But you must be feeling feverish today to think he would ever wanna do much with offense. These 42-39 barn burners is what Tony does. I bet he gets really uncomfortable if a game gets out of hand and gets in the 60s like it's slipping away. He done a good job tho but I hope he continues to do it wherever he can hold teams to 39.1 PPG for the season. I hate to sound like a guy that rather lose fun than win ugly but damn I just wanted to come out and see a kid put the the ball in it's basket like it puts the lotion on its skin.

Let’s keep a running list of coaches we should hire to replace Cal. Every time a coach wins a game against a descent team someone starts a new thread about hiring that coach to replace Cal. I’m not supporting Cal, but it’s really difficult to keep up with the coaches we want to hire. Please use this thread to post the name of who you want to hire to be our new coach. Just keep bumping the thread and by the end of the BB season we will all know who our next coach will be for the 2023-2024 season.
Think of it this way......with our talent the past 8 years combined with our dismal performance...just about any coach would be an acceptable alternative.

It goes both ways. The COMPLAINERS try to compare us to other teams ("why are we the only team that needs FIXING"), so why not point out that is wrong, as you said NO COACH, NO TEAM is perfect and doesn't need some "fixing".
Not many teams are as underperforming as we are right now. Preseason top 5 every year and flameout city.

giphy.gif

Reactions: J_Dee
Literally anyone. I don’t even care about wins anymore, Cal stole that joy several years back. I just want someone who isn’t a complete dickhead to fans and media.
A mild personality who loses? No thanks. Winning is the goal and I can’t take a little attitude if necessary.

Brad Stevens may be tired of the front office and might enjoy an 8 million dollar raise

Musselman has it in his contract that he can’t go to another SEC school. Plus, Arkansas matches any offer to keep him. You’re not getting Muss so tuck those dreams back to bed
Contracts are made to be broken. If Kentucky wanted him, they would get him.

ADVERTISEMENT