ADVERTISEMENT

List of Coaches to Replace Cal.

Ocornett

All-SEC
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2011
Possum Holler
Let’s keep a running list of coaches we should hire to replace Cal. Every time a coach wins a game against a descent team someone starts a new thread about hiring that coach to replace Cal. I’m not supporting Cal, but it’s really difficult to keep up with the coaches we want to hire. Please use this thread to post the name of who you want to hire to be our new coach. Just keep bumping the thread and by the end of the BB season we will all know who our next coach will be for the 2023-2024 season.

Reactions: StormCruzzer
That's me...

images

Let’s keep a running list of coaches we should hire to replace Cal. Every time a coach wins a game against a descent team someone starts a new thread about hiring that coach to replace Cal. I’m not supporting Cal, but it’s really difficult to keep up with the coaches we want to hire. Please use this thread to post the name of who you want to hire to be our new coach. Just keep bumping the thread and by the end of the BB season we will all know who our next coach will be for the 2023-2024 season.
Just what everyone wants, another post of future coaches.

I doubt we could get him, but I would shoot for Jeff Schwartz.

Considering Cal has served as nothing but a de facto NBA sports agent while employed by UK, we might as well swing for the fences and get the very best NBA sports agent out there (Schwartz) to replace our HOF HC.

GBB!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
IMO:

The only ones that might pick up the phone and are reasonable and worthy, right now:
-Eric Musselman
-Scott Drew
-Chris Beard

Pipedream, but won't happen:
-Billy Donovan
-Brad Stevens
-Jay Wright
-Mark Few

Mitch would never hire him and they are too old
-Bruce Pearl
-Rick Pitino

Shiny toy that hasn't done anything significant, but plays a sexy, but risky style of basketball and would get crucified when it didn't work at UK
-Nate Oats

Others mentioned, but with no college experience to have their first job be at UK
-Dwayne Casey ("I'm too old for this s***"
-Danny Glover voice)
-Frank Vogel

Get off Rafters
-Chris Holtmann

IMO:

The only ones that might pick up the phone and are reasonable and worthy, right now:
-Eric Musselman
-Scott Drew
-Chris Beard

Pipedream, but won't happen:
-Billy Donovan
-Brad Stevens
-Jay Wright
-Mark Few

Mitch would never hire him and they are too old
-Bruce Pearl
-Rick Pitino

Shiny toy that hasn't done anything significant, but plays a sexy, but risky style of basketball and would get crucified when it didn't work at UK
-Nate Oats

Others mentioned, but with no college experience to have their first job be at UK
-Dwayne Casey ("I'm too old for this s***"
-Danny Glover voice)
-Frank Vogel

Get off Rafters
-Chris Holtmann
Thoughts on Tony Bennett?

I'm in.

As a player/coach we won our church league division.

Took BSU college girls teams to the championship game in bball and softball.

I love UK. I'd be here to make UK great again!

I would go with Tommy Lloyd, based not only on style of play, but on how he was able to hit the ground running at Arizona.

Now that he’s on the sidelines, you would expect Jay Wright to get a call.

There are some other intriguing candidates, but hard to bring someone to Kentucky who hasn’t proven themselves on the big stage.

Some may say Lloyd hasn’t proven himself, but top 5 all last year, Sweet Sixteen, right back in the mix this year early, entertaining style, guy in his 40s…he’s the kind of guy you take a shot on.

Bugs Bunny!
We have Elmer Fudd coaching now and everyone knows that Wabbit always outsmarts Elmer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT