ADVERTISEMENT

Letter to the editor in herald leader

There are guys even on this board who were going to be anti herro from day one to show how not racist they are. It's sad, and shows a total lack of understanding and logic. How brainwashed are you to not understand the reality of the entire situation.

White guys are an oddity in basketball today. It's totally normal for a white kid to see Herro and identify. Just like it's totally normal for a black kid to look at Obama and say, maybe I can too. What the hell is so wrong with some of you that you believe you get to decide the way human nature works and which race is allowed to be normal? Hate yourself all you want, but stop trying to infect everyone with your derangement.

Even espn had a segment where Bayless, far from a white supremist, said he enjoyed watching Dirk dominate because he was able to take pride in the fact that a white guy was producing in a field where white guys typically don't. And no one, none, had a problem with that. But listen to the ridiculous tone from guys on this board (who want to play superman white guy) pour soft bigotry all over the racial flames just to feel that somehow they are the enlightened. Most black people I know laugh at you, just so you know.

Herro is compared to who he looks and plays like, because, that's how it works. He looks and plays like Jeff Sheppard. He looks and plays like Rex Chapman. Since white guys are an oddity at this level it just makes sense. I'm sorry if you're too far gone to get it.

What's worse than any of that is the Booker comparisons. Trying so hard to not be "that guy" that you try and find any way not to compare him to a white guy. You're weak. He plays nothing like friggin Booker. Give me a break. But I'm glad you found the lightest black guy who can shoot to feel better about a comparison.

This is beyond ridiculous.
He reminds me of Jason Williams...the white one of course.

Reactions: morgousky
Whoever wrote the letter must never have understood the complaint about Saul's playing time. Saul was a pretty decent guy but he was going to play ahead of better players.

Having been a UK fan all my life, I've learned a thing or two about rivals and haters.

#1 They all will try to paint UK fans as racists. It's a grasping at straws and often happens when they come up on the short end of a scoreboard or a recruiting battle.

#2 Facts never change the opinions of people who make such claims. Many aren't truly interested in a conversation, but just want to throw rocks and make some blanket statements of their own.

#3 We all have to fight against prejudice and racism all the time (It's part of the human condition), and we must listen to every genuine person who feels they've been a victim of racism. But we should be wary of those who play the race card to force an agenda or manipulate people. True racism should be hated but so should manufactured racism.

A couple things:

1. Don't read the letters to the editor. Newspapers and journalism play a really important role in our society, but the people who read every week and think the world should know their thoughts aren't typically someone you want to hear from.

2. Saul and Brad would both be immeasurably better off if someone had occasionally punched them in the face. That's gotta be an impossible life to live without being insufferable though. Can't hold it against them.

Gosh I can tell I am behind because I wasn't sure the Herald Loser was still around. I stopped taking it a couple of years ago. I thought Tipton's name badge at the Bahamas said Comedy Central on it. Oh well.

Guy wrote how the fans in the Bahamas pulled for Brad Caliperi. He said when Saul played here fans didn't pull for him. He tried to make it a racial thing. There was no racist thing to me Saul started and kept us from some better players. Brad comes off the bench and doesn't play starter minutes. If Saul played about the same minutes as Brad people would have pulled for him!
When Brad playes I get pissed. It's clear he only gets time because dad. There are better options that never see the floor. Brad should never play. It's blatant favoritism. Same with Saul but Saul was 20X the player Brad is and was a pick up game legend on campus.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that could beat him. It just didn't translate as well in games. Brad, is a stumpy trex 4 foot wingspan waste of space on the court.

Brad, is a stumpy trex 4 foot wingspan waste of space on the court.
giphy.gif

How do you REALLY feel? [laughing]

This is just another example of how PC the news media is in today's world. Fake News. That's why they have a very very low approval rating. They lie, cheat and will do anything for a story. They will print anyone true or false. Then when they make a mistake they apologize on the back page. They don't care if they ruin peoples life it's all about the story.

I get it, I get it. It's all our fault. I used to think that was all bs but the HL and some of our posters have cleared that all up for me.

UK fans don't drool over average basketball players and only very good ones get our approval. I get it.

Did Saul Smith write that? Donna? [laughing]

I never did believe the "asthma" story.

There have been multiple threads here about "Earned Not Given" from his tattoos to his adult diapers. He could be purple and no one would care because he rarely sees the court.

Basketball and politics should never mix, imo. My favorite player last year was SKJ and this year it's already Reid Travis.
Hawkins may have been allergic to Saul, his asthma went away when Saul did

This is just another example of how PC the news media is in today's world. Fake News. That's why they have a very very low approval rating. They lie, cheat and will do anything for a story. They will print anyone true or false. Then when they make a mistake they apologize on the back page. They don't care if they ruin peoples life it's all about the story.
Wut? This was just about a letter to the editor.

When Brad playes I get pissed. It's clear he only gets time because dad. There are better options that never see the floor. Brad should never play. It's blatant favoritism. Same with Saul but Saul was 20X the player Brad is and was a pick up game legend on campus.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that could beat him. It just didn't translate as well in games. Brad, is a stumpy trex 4 foot wingspan waste of space on the court.
I think it's way too early to start bashing Cal for playing his son.

Reactions: awf
Guy wrote how the fans in the Bahamas pulled for Brad Caliperi. He said when Saul played here fans didn't pull for him. He tried to make it a racial thing. There was no racist thing to me Saul started and kept us from some better players. Brad comes off the bench and doesn't play starter minutes. If Saul played about the same minutes as Brad people would have pulled for him!

Haven’t you heard? These days if you are white and not liberal you just have to be a racist. and quite pssibly a nazi. SMH.

While Saul was a starter and Brad is not: it's not a like for like comparison, BUT Brad did pull a ton of minutes in the Bahamas, playing in the first half in every game, etc - which did take away minutes from our talented freshman guards who need to groove their games. I'm not a huge fan of seeing a pudgy short kid who is only playing because of his last name take major minutes from the more talented.

Yep. That’s why Humphries, Harrellson, and Polson are the all-time BBN favorites. Guys like Wall and Davis hardly even come up in conversation compared to that beloved trio.
Lukas Orbzuit..........

I remember when Brad announced he would attend UK. Most of our posters were excited thinking that would mean Coach Cal would be around another four years to coach his son. Excitement was everywhere.

Now many are critical. The truth is Brad deserve a few minutes every game or two as do other walkons. They bust their butt in practice and most help the team GPA. I don't have a problem with the way Coach Cal has handled the situation.

I guess unless you are a Pete Maravich it is best a player find another school if his dad is head coach of a Div program.

Jon Hood.

The whole thing is so damn silly. BBN has largely ignored its mediocre white players and celebrated its black superstars. But somehow it’s threatening when a white player turns out to actually be good and also gets celebrated.
Who is threatened?

Jon Hood.

The whole thing is so damn silly. BBN has largely ignored its mediocre white players and celebrated its black superstars. But somehow it’s threatening when a white player turns out to actually be good and also gets celebrated.
Actually it seemed to me that Willis had more "haters" on this board than most players.

There are guys even on this board who were going to be anti herro from day one to show how not racist they are. It's sad, and shows a total lack of understanding and logic. How brainwashed are you to not understand the reality of the entire situation.

White guys are an oddity in basketball today. It's totally normal for a white kid to see Herro and identify. Just like it's totally normal for a black kid to look at Obama and say, maybe I can too. What the hell is so wrong with some of you that you believe you get to decide the way human nature works and which race is allowed to be normal? Hate yourself all you want, but stop trying to infect everyone with your derangement.

Even espn had a segment where Bayless, far from a white supremist, said he enjoyed watching Dirk dominate because he was able to take pride in the fact that a white guy was producing in a field where white guys typically don't. And no one, none, had a problem with that. But listen to the ridiculous tone from guys on this board (who want to play superman white guy) pour soft bigotry all over the racial flames just to feel that somehow they are the enlightened. Most black people I know laugh at you, just so you know.

Herro is compared to who he looks and plays like, because, that's how it works. He looks and plays like Jeff Sheppard. He looks and plays like Rex Chapman. Since white guys are an oddity at this level it just makes sense. I'm sorry if you're too far gone to get it.

What's worse than any of that is the Booker comparisons. Trying so hard to not be "that guy" that you try and find any way not to compare him to a white guy. You're weak. He plays nothing like friggin Booker. Give me a break. But I'm glad you found the lightest black guy who can shoot to feel better about a comparison.

This is beyond ridiculous.
EXACTLY! It's one reason I pretended to be Larry Bird as a kid . Tiger Woods had the biggest effect on the Golf industy in its history for the same reason.

Fans weren't very comfortable when Woo, John Hood and Michael Porter were out there.

Obviously, there are more examples than that. The lack of logic is astounding.

Reactions: Cindog28
Fans weren't very comfortable when Woo, John Hood and Michael Porter were out there.

Obviously, there are more examples than that. The lack of logic is astounding.
Michael Bradley:

Transferred to Villanova. I think the rumor was that neither he or his family liked Tubby and the guy was kind of a jerk.

Cory Sears: (Yes, I know he was a walk-on)

Sophomore guards reportedly got into a fight on the team plane after loss to Georgia

Kentucky's Gerald Fitch averages 9.5 points per game.

Feb 17, 2002

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky sophomore guards Gerald Fitch and Cory Sears were suspended and will not play in Tuesday's game against Tennessee for "behavior detrimental to the team," Coach Tubby Smith said in a statement Sunday

Ryan Hogan:

http://toptenchicagosports.blogspot.com/2009/03/top-ten-most-disappointing-high-school.html

Top Ten most disappointing high school basketball players from Chicago

6. Ryan Hogan- Deerfield
19990213SouthCarolina.jpg
The sharpshooter scored over 2400 points during his career at Deerfield, and averaged 28 points per game as a senior. Hogan played sparingly as a freshman on the 1998 Kentucky championship team, and then transferred to Iowa one year later. He never averaged more than seven points a game in either of his two seasons with the Hawkeyes.

:chairshot:

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
eve

Everything is racist. The world is full of mind readers.

Michael Bradley:

Transferred to Villanova. I think the rumor was that neither he or his family liked Tubby and the guy was kind of a jerk.

Cory Sears: (Yes, I know he was a walk-on)

Sophomore guards reportedly got into a fight on the team plane after loss to Georgia

Kentucky's Gerald Fitch averages 9.5 points per game.

Feb 17, 2002

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky sophomore guards Gerald Fitch and Cory Sears were suspended and will not play in Tuesday's game against Tennessee for "behavior detrimental to the team," Coach Tubby Smith said in a statement Sunday

Ryan Hogan:

http://toptenchicagosports.blogspot.com/2009/03/top-ten-most-disappointing-high-school.html

Top Ten most disappointing high school basketball players from Chicago

6. Ryan Hogan- Deerfield
19990213SouthCarolina.jpg
The sharpshooter scored over 2400 points during his career at Deerfield, and averaged 28 points per game as a senior. Hogan played sparingly as a freshman on the 1998 Kentucky championship team, and then transferred to Iowa one year later. He never averaged more than seven points a game in either of his two seasons with the Hawkeyes.

:chairshot:

So true. I'd add Nate Knight, Bernard Cote, Adam Williams, Oliver Simmons, Todd Tackett, Mark Coury, J.P. Blevins and Jared Carter to the "what the hell are they doing on the court" All-Star team, joining Hogan, Sears, Porter and Hood.

Reactions: Cindog28
Saul's better analogue is Sean Sutton, who was also hated by the fan base. Brad's analogue is Herky Rupp.

If we missed on guys like Hagans, Quickley, and Maxey because Brad was getting serious playing time, then it would be a different discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT