ADVERTISEMENT

Letter to the editor in herald leader

Really? Are you that bored that you’re talking about the Leftist Herald Leaderless? Seriously?
How that liberal rag still exists is mind boggling to me. The supposed idiot that may have written the letter probably is Jerry Tipton’s lover.

The race card being used got old back in the 70’s. Truth be told, (and the Liberal mods here will ban me again), white men, that are responsible, work hard, pay their bills on time, don’t have kids they can’t afford, are the most discrimated against people in the world these days.

LOL

Reactions: sambowieshin
Yes every legit newspaper has an editorial page.
No...they are NOT obligated to post a letter. (They pick and choose what to publish)
HL have proven over the years that they get their jollies stirring the pot.
Maybe obligated was the wrong word. The letters to the editor typically present a variety of viewpoints. It is a long-standing tradition in newspapers to have a section like that. Most only take offense and take notice when the viewpoint presented differs from their own. And newspapers are trying to sell papers so I have no doubt they publish controversial letters. But the sun will rise tomorrow despite how much this silly, meaningless letter caused the snowflakes to start melting down and crying like baby Trump dolls about the big bad liberals and their evil boogie man newspapers that control our society.

Loved KAZ. He was playing well with the Knicks before he basically had a career-ending injury.

One of the Tubster's only legitimate pro players.
I think Chuck Hayes, Tayshaun Prince, Jamaal Magloire, and Keith Bogans were legitimate pro players.

"On July 9, 2010, Azubuike was traded to the New York Knicks along with Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and a future second-round pick in a sign and trade deal for David Lee.[11]Azubuike never played in a game for the Knicks. He was waived by the Knicks on February 28, 2011.

On March 23, 2012, Azubuike was signed by the Dallas Mavericks. As part of his comeback, he was assigned to the Mavericks' D-League affiliate, the Texas Legends.[13] On April 9, 2012, he was recalled by the Mavericks.[14] On April 20, 2012, Azubuike played in his first NBA game since November 14, 2009, against the Golden State Warriors.[15] On June 28, 2012, during the 2012 NBA Draft, Azubuike was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers.[16] He was waived by the Cavaliers on October 14, 2012."

He hurt his knee when he was playing for Golden State, fwiw.

Reactions: CELTICAT
Maybe obligated was the wrong word. The letters to the editor typically present a variety of viewpoints. It is a long-standing tradition in newspapers to have a section like that. Most only take offense and take notice when the viewpoint presented differs from their own. And newspapers are trying to sell papers so I have no doubt they publish controversial letters. But the sun will rise tomorrow despite how much this silly, meaningless letter caused the snowflakes to start melting down and crying like baby Trump dolls about the big bad liberals and their evil boogie man newspapers that control our society.
It's their obligation to make sure what they're publishing is at least somewhat credible based on the available facts. There are several reasons why the situations are not comparable, and the Lexington newspaper should know all of them. And they do, but they publish it anyway because they have an agenda, stop making excuses for inane race baiting horseshit.

It's their obligation to make sure what they're publishing is at least somewhat credible based on the available facts. There are several reasons why the situations are not comparable, and the Lexington newspaper should know all of them. And they do, but they publish it anyway because they have an agenda, stop making excuses for inane race baiting horseshit.
I completely disagree with the content of the letter to the editor. It was ridiculous. I was not a fan of Saul because he was not talented enough to get the minutes he got. I pull for Brad because he is a human victory cigar. None of it has anything to do with skin color. I am commenting more on the insane amount of right wing political meltdown over a meaningless paragraph in a paper from a random individual whose goofy thoughts somehow represent a need to bash all of the media as a liberal cabal that is seeking to control the world's thinking. Mountains being made out of mole hills.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
There is a massive difference between racism and relatability ....... Racism is evil, hate filled intent............ relatability is a comfort thing... I'm more comfortable with people like me.... I also welcome dorky people of color because I relate a lot to dorky also lol but I'm a dorky white guy... still though..... I'm sure african american's are more comfortable with african americans.... Japanese with Japanese ... Mexicans with Mexicans ETC ETC ETC....

But I loved Ulis the most when Willis was also on the team........... I loved Davis the most when Wiltjer was on the team...

The reason why right now Herro is my favorite is because 85% he's so offensively skilled with a beautiful jump shot and hustles his butt off. ... and 15% relatability because I was also once an 18 year old white kid.... But lets say K. Johnson comes out and plays amazing...... or any other... then I'd also love them just as much as Herro.

All that said....... these letter to the editors.... its so agenda driven that its sickening.

Fans weren't very comfortable when Woo, John Hood and Michael Porter were out there.

Obviously, there are more examples than that. The lack of logic is astounding.

This is, after all, RRs where logic is not a requirement for posting. Intelligence is optional. Wisdom? Forget about it.

So true. I'd add Nate Knight, Bernard Cote, Adam Williams, Oliver Simmons, Todd Tackett, Mark Coury, J.P. Blevins and Jared Carter to the "what the hell are they doing on the court" All-Star team, joining Hogan, Sears, Porter and Hood.

This is the problem you get into when a coach just tries to fill out his roster, dead weight.

When Brad playes I get pissed. It's clear he only gets time because dad. There are better options that never see the floor. Brad should never play. It's blatant favoritism. Same with Saul but Saul was 20X the player Brad is and was a pick up game legend on campus.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that could beat him. It just didn't translate as well in games. Brad, is a stumpy trex 4 foot wingspan waste of space on the court.

I wish the only thing that pissed me off was something stupid like whether Brad picks up meaningless bench minutes or not. :)

There are guys even on this board who were going to be anti herro from day one to show how not racist they are. It's sad, and shows a total lack of understanding and logic. How brainwashed are you to not understand the reality of the entire situation.

White guys are an oddity in basketball today. It's totally normal for a white kid to see Herro and identify. Just like it's totally normal for a black kid to look at Obama and say, maybe I can too. What the hell is so wrong with some of you that you believe you get to decide the way human nature works and which race is allowed to be normal? Hate yourself all you want, but stop trying to infect everyone with your derangement.

Even espn had a segment where Bayless, far from a white supremist, said he enjoyed watching Dirk dominate because he was able to take pride in the fact that a white guy was producing in a field where white guys typically don't. And no one, none, had a problem with that. But listen to the ridiculous tone from guys on this board (who want to play superman white guy) pour soft bigotry all over the racial flames just to feel that somehow they are the enlightened. Most black people I know laugh at you, just so you know.

Herro is compared to who he looks and plays like, because, that's how it works. He looks and plays like Jeff Sheppard. He looks and plays like Rex Chapman. Since white guys are an oddity at this level it just makes sense. I'm sorry if you're too far gone to get it.

What's worse than any of that is the Booker comparisons. Trying so hard to not be "that guy" that you try and find any way not to compare him to a white guy. You're weak. He plays nothing like friggin Booker. Give me a break. But I'm glad you found the lightest black guy who can shoot to feel better about a comparison.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

It’s troubling because these sentiments are shared by otherwise intelligent individuals but it’s as if that intelligence flies out the door so as to prove how “woke” they are...

Reactions: morgousky
There are guys even on this board who were going to be anti herro from day one to show how not racist they are. It's sad, and shows a total lack of understanding and logic. How brainwashed are you to not understand the reality of the entire situation.

White guys are an oddity in basketball today. It's totally normal for a white kid to see Herro and identify. Just like it's totally normal for a black kid to look at Obama and say, maybe I can too. What the hell is so wrong with some of you that you believe you get to decide the way human nature works and which race is allowed to be normal? Hate yourself all you want, but stop trying to infect everyone with your derangement.

Even espn had a segment where Bayless, far from a white supremist, said he enjoyed watching Dirk dominate because he was able to take pride in the fact that a white guy was producing in a field where white guys typically don't. And no one, none, had a problem with that. But listen to the ridiculous tone from guys on this board (who want to play superman white guy) pour soft bigotry all over the racial flames just to feel that somehow they are the enlightened. Most black people I know laugh at you, just so you know.

Herro is compared to who he looks and plays like, because, that's how it works. He looks and plays like Jeff Sheppard. He looks and plays like Rex Chapman. Since white guys are an oddity at this level it just makes sense. I'm sorry if you're too far gone to get it.

What's worse than any of that is the Booker comparisons. Trying so hard to not be "that guy" that you try and find any way not to compare him to a white guy. You're weak. He plays nothing like friggin Booker. Give me a break. But I'm glad you found the lightest black guy who can shoot to feel better about a comparison.

This is beyond ridiculous.
it's called 'virtue signaling.'

Truth be told, (and the Liberal mods here will ban me again), white men, that are responsible, work hard, pay their bills on time, don’t have kids they can’t afford, are the most discrimated against people in the world these days.

[laughing]

Robot-Confused.gif

The article in the LHL is ridiculous and unnecessary, but the post above makes the LHL letter-to-the-editor read like The Rights of Man.

Last edited:
Guy wrote how the fans in the Bahamas pulled for Brad Caliperi. He said when Saul played here fans didn't pull for him. He tried to make it a racial thing. There was no racist thing to me Saul started and kept us from some better players. Brad comes off the bench and doesn't play starter minutes. If Saul played about the same minutes as Brad people would have pulled for him!

Saul would have been a tremendous 10 minutes a game player. But not a starter, end of story.

There’s not a single recruit scared that Brad will get his minutes. Saul, on the other hand...

Did Saul Smith write that? Donna? [laughing]

I never did believe the "asthma" story.

There have been multiple threads here about "Earned Not Given" from his tattoos to his adult diapers. He could be purple and no one would care because he rarely sees the court.

Basketball and politics should never mix, imo. My favorite player last year was SKJ and this year it's already Reid Travis.
SKJ and Travis? That’s a politically correct answer. Both of those guys are mixed lol.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I believe he was born with a serious physical deformity, not even joking. Like, the top of his skull hadn't formed and his brain was exposed at birth, and they had to try to fix that.

If that is the case I won't make fun but he always looked seriously related to the Smith's but had the different feel, If that makes sense.

@kev69 To help me better understand what you're going through, can you give me some examples of the discrimination you've personally faced?

Not Kev but you quoted me so I guess I can ask what you'd do about them if he stated them to you? Is it an assignment to where he'd get something in return? If it is I'd like to jump in too. I can give a whole bunch of examples. Of course if I wasted/ spent my time doing that I'd expect some effort from you in return. Is that equitable? reasonable? Or, is it all a one-sided request on your part to where all Kev, or I have to do is try to explain or give the effort while you reap the effect?

I am not getting smart with you, but I see a lot of times posters ask for examples or for effort from another poster they want to argue with so they can continue the argument. Speaking only for myself, if I asked you to exert effort, I'd expect to contribute to your cause or argue it away with definitive's like what I asked from the poster.

Case in point, my first paragraph may be the difference some are looking to find/ or explain why there is an equity disparagement that is just plain wrong. Figure that out and you may be on your way to understanding what Kev and/ or I mean. It may be Kev means something totally different....who knows... Be Good

Equity, disparagement, reasonable, are all good words to ensure you know the meaning to be able to understand others.

Last edited:
Not Kev but you quoted me so I guess I can ask what you'd do about them if he stated them to you? Is it an assignment to where he'd get something in return? If it is I'd like to jump in too. I can give a whole bunch of examples. Of course if I wasted/ spent my time doing that I'd expect some effort from you in return. Is that equitable? reasonable? Or, is it all a one-sided request on your part to where all Kev, or I have to do is try to explain or give the effort while you reap the effect?

I am not getting smart with you, but I see a lot of times posters ask for examples or for effort from another poster they want to argue with so they can continue argument. Speaking only for myself, if I asked you to exert effort, I'd expect to contribute to your cause or argue it away with definitive's like what I asked from the poster.

Case in point, my first paragraph may be the difference some are looking to find/ or explain why there is an equity disparagement that is just plain wrong. Figure that out and you may be on your way to understanding what Kev and or I mean. It may be Kev means something totally different.... Be Good
I just want to understand. If I saw anyone getting discriminated against personally i'd step in and give my 2 cents. If there are certain establishments that discriminate against you guys I would participate in a boycott. Mostly, I just want to understand what you're going through.

Reactions: ashbergh
I just want to understand. If I saw anyone getting discriminated against personally i'd step in and give my 2 cents. If there are certain establishments that discriminate against you guys I would participate in a boycott. Mostly, I just want to understand what you're going through.

For me I can sum it up rather easily;

Equity, disparagement, reasonable, are all good words to ensure you know the meaning to be able to understand others. I do not get those words applied to me anymore.

Speaking for me of course, I have given a whole lot more than I have received BUT, I get treated like I am a thief in a lot of areas. Yep, some are due to being lumped together with a broad statement. Or getting accusations like it was me personally when each party knows it was not. That in itself is the worst form of prejudice. That's a good start and please realize, this has been going on a good many decades...but I'm patient.

I could tell you who to boycott but you wouldn't...

Last edited:

Equity, disparagement, reasonable, are all good words to ensure you know the meaning to be able to understand others. I do not get those words applied to me anymore.

Speaking for me of course, I have given a whole lot more than I have received BUT, I get treated like I am a thief in a lot of areas. Yep, some are due to being lumped together with a broad statement. Or getting accusations like it was me personally when each party knows it was not. That in itself is the worst form of prejudice. That's a good start and please realize, this has been going on a good many decades...but I'm patient.

It was a really stupid letter that tries to make a comparison where there is none. He tried to make it a racial thing which is ridiculous in this case. As previously stated the accurate comparison would be Sean Sutton. That of course collapses his agenda as Sean was treated no better than Saul.

Reactions: BBUK
It was a really stupid letter that tries to make a comparison where there is none. He tried to make it a racial thing which is ridiculous in this case. As previously stated the accurate comparison would be Sean Sutton. That of course collapses his agenda as Sean was treated no better than Saul.

I didn't read it but thanks. Most don't make a lot of sense but think they do.

I was just responding to a statement that someone made and responded to my post. (It may even have been unintentional but they did.)

Here are some of the folks we can blame for all of the Anti-White man legislation sweeping our nation.....
We can only hope and pray that Tyler Herro is not one of their targets.
trump_cabinet_meeting.jpg

mattbevin3.png

Huh? Blaming them again? I guess so... it is easy-er.

Hey. Matt Bevin has brought a ton of stupid into his own self.

I’m a pretty conservative guy, but the man could open a shoe store with all the ones he’s collected every time he flaps his gums. :joy:

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about, but I will laugh with you.

[laughing]

I didnt leave in a hurry, I asked a question about how you were discriminated against, you gave vague answers, I was looking more for specific examples. I can tell you're sensitive and dont really want to talk about the discrimination you've faced so I let it go.

Reactions: ashbergh
Huh? Blaming them again? I guess so... it is easy-er.
Not sure what you are referring to? One poster on here said white people are the most discriminated against group in our society. My post showing the President's cabinet and state leadership was a commentary on the absurdity of that mentality. No blame, just reminding those poor, persecuted white folks who is running our government.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Not sure what you are referring to? One poster on here said white people are the most discriminated against group in our society. My post showing the President's cabinet and state leadership was a commentary on the absurdity of that mentality. No blame, just reminding those poor, persecuted white folks who is running our government.

A picture is not worth the thousand words...

Reactions: sambowieshin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT