ADVERTISEMENT

Letter to the editor in herald leader

Apr 13, 2018
Guy wrote how the fans in the Bahamas pulled for Brad Caliperi. He said when Saul played here fans didn't pull for him. He tried to make it a racial thing. There was no racist thing to me Saul started and kept us from some better players. Brad comes off the bench and doesn't play starter minutes. If Saul played about the same minutes as Brad people would have pulled for him!

Don’t forget. If Herro is your current favorite UK player, it’s because he’s white. We’re all just a bunch of racists. KSR did a poll on your current favorite player, and Herro ran away with it. I wonder if Willis would have ran away with it in 2017? Nah, don’t let facts get in the way.

Don’t forget. If Herro is your current favorite UK player, it’s because he’s white. We’re all just a bunch of racists. KSR did a poll on your current favorite player, and Herro ran away with it. I wonder if Willis would have ran away with it in 2017? Nah, don’t let facts get in the way.

Yep. That’s why Humphries, Harrellson, and Polson are the all-time BBN favorites. Guys like Wall and Davis hardly even come up in conversation compared to that beloved trio.

It was a letter to the editor. Any fool that can figure out how to put together a paragraph can submit one. Every paper has a section like that and are obligated to post different viewpoints. Not that the Herald is the pinnicle of newspapers, but bashing them over this letter is pretty silly. The far right and far left kook troops declaring war on all things including clouds and oxygen need to calm it on down.

Last edited:

The national media these days is a bigger joke than an inflatable Bozo the Clown. I mean seriously. Doesn’t this writer realize that one of the most beloved wildcats is Tyler Ulis? Who’s quite black?

Sad. News today is as close to real journalism as Big Macs are to nutrition. The sad thing is they saw fit to publish that garbage.

isnt the LHL owned by a KU grad or something? with newspapers on the decline its a shame one of the old Coal boosters isnt willing to buy the LHL so we dont have to deal with home town newspapers trying to stir up negativity every week.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
There are guys even on this board who were going to be anti herro from day one to show how not racist they are. It's sad, and shows a total lack of understanding and logic. How brainwashed are you to not understand the reality of the entire situation.

White guys are an oddity in basketball today. It's totally normal for a white kid to see Herro and identify. Just like it's totally normal for a black kid to look at Obama and say, maybe I can too. What the hell is so wrong with some of you that you believe you get to decide the way human nature works and which race is allowed to be normal? Hate yourself all you want, but stop trying to infect everyone with your derangement.

Even espn had a segment where Bayless, far from a white supremist, said he enjoyed watching Dirk dominate because he was able to take pride in the fact that a white guy was producing in a field where white guys typically don't. And no one, none, had a problem with that. But listen to the ridiculous tone from guys on this board (who want to play superman white guy) pour soft bigotry all over the racial flames just to feel that somehow they are the enlightened. Most black people I know laugh at you, just so you know.

Herro is compared to who he looks and plays like, because, that's how it works. He looks and plays like Jeff Sheppard. He looks and plays like Rex Chapman. Since white guys are an oddity at this level it just makes sense. I'm sorry if you're too far gone to get it.

What's worse than any of that is the Booker comparisons. Trying so hard to not be "that guy" that you try and find any way not to compare him to a white guy. You're weak. He plays nothing like friggin Booker. Give me a break. But I'm glad you found the lightest black guy who can shoot to feel better about a comparison.

This is beyond ridiculous.

The national media these days is a bigger joke than an inflatable Bozo the Clown. I mean seriously. Doesn’t this writer realize that one of the most beloved wildcats is Tyler Ulis? Who’s quite black?

Sad. News today is as close to real journalism as Big Macs are to nutrition. The sad thing is they saw fit to publish that garbage.
That's a low blow to Big Macs, but I get your point.

Did Saul Smith write that? Donna? [laughing]

I never did believe the "asthma" story.

There have been multiple threads here about "Earned Not Given" from his tattoos to his adult diapers. He could be purple and no one would care because he rarely sees the court.

Basketball and politics should never mix, imo. My favorite player last year was SKJ and this year it's already Reid Travis.

Reactions: HICATFAN and kev69
Guy wrote how the fans in the Bahamas pulled for Brad Caliperi. He said when Saul played here fans didn't pull for him. He tried to make it a racial thing. There was no racist thing to me Saul started and kept us from some better players. Brad comes off the bench and doesn't play starter minutes. If Saul played about the same minutes as Brad people would have pulled for him!
Maybe, just maybe, it could be how HARD his dad works to provide us happiness. That said, I do wish Brad would play as hard and as good of D as Saul did.

There are guys even on this board who were going to be anti herro from day one to show how not racist they are. It's sad, and shows a total lack of understanding and logic. How brainwashed are you to not understand the reality of the entire situation.

White guys are an oddity in basketball today. It's totally normal for a white kid to see Herro and identify. Just like it's totally normal for a black kid to look at Obama and say, maybe I can too. What the hell is so wrong with some of you that you believe you get to decide the way human nature works and which race is allowed to be normal? Hate yourself all you want, but stop trying to infect everyone with your derangement.

Even espn had a segment where Bayless, far from a white supremist, said he enjoyed watching Dirk dominate because he was able to take pride in the fact that a white guy was producing in a field where white guys typically don't. And no one, none, had a problem with that. But listen to the ridiculous tone from guys on this board (who want to play superman white guy) pour soft bigotry all over the racial flames just to feel that somehow they are the enlightened. Most black people I know laugh at you, just so you know.

Herro is compared to who he looks and plays like, because, that's how it works. He looks and plays like Jeff Sheppard. He looks and plays like Rex Chapman. Since white guys are an oddity at this level it just makes sense. I'm sorry if you're too far gone to get it.

What's worse than any of that is the Booker comparisons. Trying so hard to not be "that guy" that you try and find any way not to compare him to a white guy. You're weak. He plays nothing like friggin Booker. Give me a break. But I'm glad you found the lightest black guy who can shoot to feel better about a comparison.

This is beyond ridiculous.

I ‘liked’ your post so I’m not trying to be difficult here but I see Shepherd, Chapman, AND Booker in Herro’s game. White, black, green, or brown I like what I’ve seen from Herro thus far. Hopefully he continues to play well and the rest of the team does too. GBB.

There have been multiple threads here about "Earned Not Given" from his tattoos to his adult diapers. He could be purple and no one would care because he rarely sees the court.

Basketball and politics should never mix, imo. My favorite player last year was SKJ and this year it's already Reid Travis.

The cliff HAWKINS asthma???

Reactions: Cindog28

No one would have ever known...

Reactions: Cindog28
Really? Are you that bored that you’re talking about the Leftist Herald Leaderless? Seriously?
How that liberal rag still exists is mind boggling to me. The supposed idiot that may have written the letter probably is Jerry Tipton’s lover.

The race card being used got old back in the 70’s. Truth be told, (and the Liberal mods here will ban me again), white men, that are responsible, work hard, pay their bills on time, don’t have kids they can’t afford, are the most discrimated against people in the world these days.

yu9lznqgwlvif0xjq24d.gif

In the words of George...

Yeah, that's about it...

Reactions: kev69
Read that this morning. It made me cringe at how tone deaf it was and blamed it on race pretty much.

Totally different situations no way Saul was good enuff to get all those minutes. I actually think that was when Tubby went on a downhill slide. My 85 year old mom said Brad didn't need to be on team. Brad is alright as a back up. If we have to depend on Brad to win a game I hope it happens.

Why exactly would you give an even bigger forum to this ridiculous opinion by posting it on Rafters?

Reactions: ashbergh
I just put this on here just to show what idiots think. I totally disagree with what the writer says about our team. Thought this is a site to discuss things whether you agree or disagree. I always thought Sutton was better than Saul.

I ‘liked’ your post so I’m not trying to be difficult here but I see Shepherd, Chapman, AND Booker in Herro’s game. White, black, green, or brown I like what I’ve seen from Herro thus far. Hopefully he continues to play well and the rest of the team does too. GBB.

And that’s fine. I just don’t see it except for the fact that they shoot from the floor.

The best comparison I could come up with is SVI at Kansas. Pull up YouTube and watch some of his highlights, it looks like a bigger version of Herro. Probably more so than Sheppard.

And for the record I don’t have a problem comparing white guys to black and vice versa. But when everyone is so chickensht that they must manipulate reality to self medicate when he clearly looks and plays like a few other white guys is ridiculous.

I honestly think he could be a college poor mans version of Kobe Bryant, or an 8th grade version of Tmac, but yea.

If the writer of that letter truly thinks that, he is one ignorant ass. Apples and oranges. One was a starter and the other a victory cigar. And Brad has gotten his share of grief on this board anyway for his shorts and his supposed unhappiness after a game.

What’s funny is I’ve already thought several times, “look at him, just sits there frowning. Kid has no idea how good he has it. He’s lucky to even be there.” Honest to God I’ve thought it.

I never liked Saul, but like you said, it’s essentially Tubby’s fault. Saul worked his ass off and I never questioned how genuinely excited he was for his opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT