ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Lebron has some of the best playoff blocks you will ever see. The one against GS was beast mode as well.

Why Iggy didn't dunk it, I don't know. Lebron can't chase-down block someone who dunks it, because he would likely foul them. Go up strong every f***ing time. I think Courtney Lee dunked one when Lebron was chasing; if Lee goes up soft, Lebron KILLS that shot.

Never a seen one player so protected by the league/officials. No one else in the nba gets way with goaltending on that last block where it clearly hit the backboard first with 3 seconds left.
WRONG! Actually EVERYONE gets that call because it was NOT Goaltending.
In NCAA basketball and NBA basketball, it is not Goaltending if the ball has touched the backboard but the Ball is NOT above the height of the rim in its flight.

In NCAA basketball and NBA basketball, it is not Goaltending if the ball has touched the backboard but the Ball is NOT above the height of the rim in its flight.

Meh, goal-tend or not, Oladipo went 2-15 tonight. The last two sequences were so predictable.

The rule is as follows:
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_11.html

So, it was a goaltend. But Cavs still win with the 3, or if Pacers foul, LeBron gets the call that he was in a shooting motion. Bottom line is, it was a great shot. Pacers knew who was getting the ball and couldn't stop it.

Reactions: fisherscatfan
Lol ppl cry about lebron too much. Should appreciate what you're seeing doesnt come along very often.

Ppl say he whines about calls, but the reality is hes so big and strong he makes contact on him look like nothing much of the time, which would be fouls on others. Hes not easy to push..usually plows through it.

The rule is as follows:
e. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

So, it was a goaltend. But Cavs still win with the 3, or if Pacers foul, LeBron gets the call that he was in a shooting motion. Bottom line is, it was a great shot. Pacers knew who was getting the ball and couldn't stop it.

Of course, with only a three beating you, maybe the Pacers play a bit differently, or not. That shot was very similar to the one that he hit on the Magic. I think everyone except for the Pacers knew how that play was going to be ran. Lebron is one of the GOAT, if not the GOAT, but that was predictable. Who is ready for Cavs-Warriors #4?

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Ppl say he whines about calls, but the reality is hes so big and strong he makes contact on him look like nothing much of the time, which would be fouls on others. Hes not easy to push..usually plows through it.

Cmon now.... Theres 100 more where this one came from. This is point in case why people dont like him. Coach K would be proud.

*Turn volume down if language is an issue.

Last edited:
not goaltending if the ball hits the backboard below the rim.

Learn NBA rules.
Seriously? See e below.

RULE NO. 11-BASKETBALL INTERFERENCE-GOALTENDING
Posted Jan 31 2001 12:00AM

Section I-A Player Shall Not:
a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.
b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.
c. For goaltending to occur, the ball, in the judgment of the official, must have a chance to score.
d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.
f. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)
g. Touch any live ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to touch the basket ring. This is considered to be a "field goal attempt" or trying for a goal.
h. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.
i. Vibrate the rim or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce.

Just wanted to admit: I was clearly wrong on the Goal tending rule. Hurts to admit it!
As an Official I knew the rules inside and out, but its been 30 years.
I wonder if the "off the board" but "below the rim" was changed.

Those saying LJ is the most protected in NBA history must be too young or just have a short memory. Jordan got the same treatment. The other players would even joke about it. During a photo shoot one time when two players laid their hands on Jordans shoulder they said "that's a foul" haha. The league will always protect the money.

Reactions: Catzman
A) I guess I’m in the minority, but I don’t like the rule where if the ball hits the backboard first it should be a goaltend. So his block to me was still a great defensive play whether it was goaltending or not. The ball was clearly going up and wasn’t even at the level of the rim yet. So how is that goaltending? The rule is stupid ok plays like that if it’s called.

B) It looked to me like the ball was out on Indiana the play before when Lebron lost it out of bounds. Maybe I’m wrong, but if it was out in Indiana, those plays cancel each other out even through lebrons was a much more impressive play.
Preface: I'm not a Cleveland fan and barely consider myself an NBA fan so the outcome ultimately didn't matter to me. I'm just a basketball junkie and it happened to be on.

The bolded is why it wasn't called (and it was almost simultaneous so at full speed it was next to impossible to tell). People just want to complain. Go to any youtube highlight and there are hundreds of comments about "walk" etc.

Your point B is also correct. The pass was deflected and hit the line before bouncing up and hitting LeBron. So even if you don't understand the "below the rim" portion of the rule or just don't agree with it, they still missed a change of possession call that gave Indiana a chance to take the lead in the first place. (I was actually really surprised they weren't able to go to the monitor for that since they do in CBB under 2 minutes; It could have swung the series).

It was a good shot, but the NBA is so predictable; I knew that he would hit a game winner with about two minutes left. Opponent will drive, go up soft, get blocked by Lebron. Lebron runs from the baseline to the wing, takes the pass, curls to the top, and shoots an open three, with a very late contest. I'm amazed at how easy some of his shots at the end are, especially given the situation. The NBA is a joke; it's going to be Cavs-Warriors again. Ho hum.
Since when is running full speed to your left, stopping on a dime, and shooting a contested 25 footer for a playoff win, an easy shot?

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I'm a LeBron hater, he gets way too much hype any coverage from every sports outlet. Sucks the life out of watching the sport sometimes because all you hear is about what LeBron is doing.

But that goaltend is near impossible to see with the naked eye at full speed. Plus LeBron drained a 3 anyways to to win it. Cavs won fair and square.

He is a good player but the thing I don't like about him is his huge ego. He thinks everyone and I mean everyone hangs onto his every word and opinion. It doesn't help that every time he has a bowel movement it is reported by every news and sports media outlet.

He is a good player but the thing I don't like about him is his huge ego. He thinks everyone and I mean everyone hangs onto his every word and opinion. It doesn't help that every time he has a bowel movement it is reported by every news and sports media outlet.

Well then it sounds like he's right, isn't he? Every move he's made since he was 16 years old has been in the public spotlight, and the worst thing he's done is announce his free agent choice on television to raise money for charity. That's incredible.

Besides, if ego is an issue, I don't know how you watch sports. At any level.

Well then it sounds like he's right, isn't he? Every move he's made since he was 16 years old has been in the public spotlight, and the worst thing he's done is announce his free agent choice on television to raise money for charity. That's incredible.

Besides, if ego is an issue, I don't know how you watch sports. At any level.

I said I don't like him because of his ego. What does that have anything to do with not watching any sports because of his or anyone else's ego?

I said I don't like him because of his ego. What does that have anything to do with not watching any sports because of his or anyone else's ego?
That is fine. A lot of people don't like him because he bitches and has an ego. But if that is the reason as to why you dislike him, then you hate about 95% of athletes and coaches, including our own.

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
That is fine. A lot of people don't like him because he bitches and has an ego. But if that is the reason as to why you dislike him, then you hate about 95% of athletes and coaches, including our own.

That is just not accurate. Very few of those 95% try to tell me what I should think. While most have an ego and are confident in themselves, very few try to push their opinions on others like Lebron does.

Ah, we've reached the shut up and dribble portion of the program. That's my cue to leave. Y'all have fun.

Because if ego bothers you then there's no athlete that you like. Would seem to make sports a pretty miserable hobby.

Why do you think I hate sports because I don't like Lebron's ego? They have no correlation. Do you like every player that has played in the NBA or on UK's team for any reason? Does that mean you no longer like the sport of basketball? The 2 have nothing to do with each other. The only thing it means is I don't like Lebron.

For those who don't hate LeBron here it's such a shame he has to play with this garbage team. Korver his shots tonight and Calderon of all people played well but my god this team is garbage thanks to Kyrie wanting out. I am a Cavs fan but I sure won't blame LeBron when he leaves this time.

Uhh....this is the team HE wanted...you think Cleveland wanted to give Tristan and JR that kind of money? You think they wanted to sign Kevin Love? You think they wanted Ty Lue? This is all Lebron, so spare me the pity for him playing w/scrubs.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
If you think he only sells products you are living in a cave. He is always pushing his agenda whatever it may be. If you think he don't then you are just a fanboy.
Haha what does he push on you? Equality? His banana boat crew? Having a greater impact on society than just dribbling a ball? Just curious as to which athletes you like? Can you name a few? And I'm not being a dick here, just genuinely curious.

Haha what does he push on you? Equality? His banana boat crew? Having a greater impact on society than just dribbling a ball? Just curious as to which athletes you like? Can you name a few? And I'm not being a dick here, just genuinely curious.

Why does it bother you that I don't like Lebron and his huge ego? Do you want my approval to like him? Alright then, it's okay that you like him...you have my full blessing to be a Lebron fanboy.

Reactions: MWes11
Why does it bother you that I don't like Lebron and his huge ego? Do you want my approval to like him? Alright then, it's okay that you like him...you have my full blessing to be a Lebron fanboy.
Who are some of the athletes you like?

Lebron has been and still is the best player in the NBA since about 2005. Dude isn't letting up despite being 33 and a 14-15 year vet.
196157.gif

I think it's weird to say that you don't like anybody that you don't know or who doesn't affect your personal everyday life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT