ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

It’s a shame?

He chose to return to Cleveland and wanted Wiggins traded for Love (who is still there).

Irving being traded isn’t all his fault, but had Lebron signed a long-term deal, then the FO would proceed with more confidence that they were building around Lebron and not for the future.

Lebron has contributed a lot to the team’s current roster situation, both positively and negatively.
Trading Wiggins for Love was a good move

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
Lol at the goaltending pouting. Last time I checked that would have been worth 2...lebron hit a 3 at the buzzer. #math

Those saying LJ is the most protected in NBA history must be too young or just have a short memory. Jordan got the same treatment. The other players would even joke about it. During a photo shoot one time when two players laid their hands on Jordans shoulder they said "that's a foul" haha. The league will always protect the money.

the league was way more physical than today. Imagine how many Jordan would average with today's rules. Easy 40 a game IMO.

Just wanted to admit: I was clearly wrong on the Goal tending rule. Hurts to admit it!
As an Official I knew the rules inside and out, but its been 30 years.
I wonder if the "off the board" but "below the rim" was changed.

It was but in real time it looked clean and in that situation I would say the defender would get the benefit of doubt no matter who said player is because it was such a great recovery. He didn't even bump his body.

Reactions: uky8unc5
CBS has a poll where 59% think it was a goaltend, and 41% think it was not.
They have the play zoomed.

There is NO DOUBT it was a goaltend. That poll should be 100% / 0%.
BUT, at game speed, not zoomed in, I think it is understandable that it was missed.

I would like to see the result of the poll just in real time as that is how it was called. Sure after all the replays but even then it shows how close it was because 41% still say no.

IMO he is 2nd to Jordan BUT if he can win 1 more title then Lebron should be #1 . You can't ask a player in this era to win 6 but if he can win 4 titles in his career with all the Finals he has been to then he will deserve it .

Winning 1 in Cleveland vs a 73 win GS team and winning game 7 on their home floor was worth 3 championships by itself.

FYI the ball went off of Indiana with 27 seconds left before it hit LeBron the ball hit the baseline. No one is talking about how the Cavs should have kept the ball with 27 seconds left tied at 95 all they are talking about his the goal tend that was impossible to see with the naked eye. So both teams got screwed the ball going out of bounds was pretty easy to see and couldn't be replayed for some stupid reason.

Winning 1 in Cleveland vs a 73 win GS team and winning game 7 on their home floor was worth 3 championships by itself.

Only if you are a Cavs fan with lowered expectations. Curry at 100% takes that series just like 2015 and 2017, not to mention the Bogut injury and Green suspension.

Last edited:
This team is garbage. LeBron's 1st ever Game 7 in a Cavs uniform at home this Sunday and could possibly be his final game ever in a Cavs uniform because he sure isn't coming back to this trash team. Kryie really screwed them by waiting to say he wanted traded. If he said it right away maybe they trade Kyrie for Chris Paul and LeBron gets his buddy and a legit teammate because my god this team blows.

Only if you are a Cavs fan with lowered expectations. Curry at 100% takes that series just like 2015 and 2017, not to mention the Bogut injury and Green suspension.
Gee I can play that game too. If Kyrie and Love were not injured the Cavs win in 2015 they were up 2-1 without those guys. Take Durant off the team and maybe Cavs win in 2017 and 3 peat...........let's play the what if game. How about if Green didn't get suspended oh wait he did.

Gee I can play that game too. If Kyrie and Love were not injured the Cavs win in 2015 they were up 2-1 without those guys. Take Durant off the team and maybe Cavs win in 2017 and 3 peat...........let's play the what if game. How about if Green didn't get suspended oh wait he did.

Fair enough, enjoy 2016. Kyrie was the key and Lebron ran him off and with him so was any chance the Cavs had. Lebron made his bed now he has to lay in it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BlueRunner11
This team is garbage. LeBron's 1st ever Game 7 in a Cavs uniform at home this Sunday and could possibly be his final game ever in a Cavs uniform because he sure isn't coming back to this trash team. Kryie really screwed them by waiting to say he wanted traded. If he said it right away maybe they trade Kyrie for Chris Paul and LeBron gets his buddy and a legit teammate because my god this team blows.

I’d say Irving was sick of Lebron’s shit and didn’t want to spend another game with him. Cleveland didn’t have to make that trade and go with Thomas.

Some of this is Lebron's fault; it seems that he just wants to play with his friends, regardless of how it makes his team. Lebron is one of the greatest of all-time, but a good GM, he is not. Also, stating that the Cavs won by three, so therefore, the goal-tend does not matter is stupidity at his finest. Lebron is great, but Indiana likely defends the three better. The play likely changes. Lebron could have hit the shot anyway, but I would be shocked if he had that kind of look from three, down two.

Some of this is Lebron's fault; it seems that he just wants to play with his friends, regardless of how it makes his team. Lebron is one of the greatest of all-time, but a good GM, he is not. Also, stating that the Cavs won by three, so therefore, the goal-tend does not matter is stupidity at his finest. Lebron is great, but Indiana likely defends the three better. The play likely changes. Lebron could have hit the shot anyway, but I would be shocked if he had that kind of look from three, down two.
LeBron really has been a terrible GM. He gets enamored with his buddies, and with veteran guys that he's played against for years. He doesn't respect the positives that young players can bring.

And it's interesting that I don't think he's EVER really played with a lineup that fits around him ideally. Surround LeBron with guys who play off the ball and bring a lot of energy on the defensive end. Spread the floor, let Lebron do his point forward stuff.

Can you imagine what the Sixers would look like if you swapped LeBron for Ben Simmons (and now rumors are he might end up playing WITH Ben Simmons)?

Ah poor lebron he plays on a decent team instead of a super team for the first time in forever. I mean, if AD played on the damn warriors he'd be looking at a very real chance to go down as the GOAT but he usually plays on less than stellar teams therefor won't win many titles, Lebron on the other hand has played on super teams for a really good portion of his career. For people to whine about his supporting cast because he finally isn't on a super team for the first time in like 8 years is absolutely ridiculous, he's not entitled to always be on super teams and because he hasn't not been on since first stint with cavs doesn't mean people should act sorry for him.

I'm more than confident that a player like AD, if on the caliber of super teams lebron has been on, would easily go down as a better player with more titles. Lebron is not the second best player of all time and it's a complete joke to discredit the Bill Russell's and Wilt's of the world to act like Lebron is one of the top 2 players ever. If not for Ray Allen hitting clutchest shot ever as well as refs who kept game within 3 to make that shot possible, or the year vs the warriors if not for the refs and a clutch shot by kyrie, Lebron would only have one title rn. Give him the one with kyrie bc it was against damn good warriors, but Ray Allen and officials is the reason for the other one. He's a 2 title player with 3 due to protection from the league/Ray Allen.

Reactions: Wildcatfan2381
Didn't even list all of it...hes one of the best role models ever. But nah, gambling problem guy who hates his teammates, threw them under the bus constantly, and cheats on his wife is the one u shld look up to.

31390042_1600896246704523_8017866853869884342_n.jpg

Jordan is certainly not a role model. He was protected by marketing and didn’t have the 24/7 media stuff that exists today.

But he’s the best of all-time. He’s just a POS as a person, certainly worse than Lebron ever could be.

Lebron, is obviously incredible, but also super unlikable especially with his desperate attempt to seem like he’s Muhammad Ali and so “brilliant.”

Jordan is certainly not a role model. He was protected by marketing and didn’t have the 24/7 media stuff that exists today.

But he’s the best of all-time. He’s just a POS as a person, certainly worse than Lebron ever could be.

Lebron, is obviously incredible, but also super unlikable especially with his desperate attempt to seem like he’s Muhammad Ali and so “brilliant.”
Couldn't disagree more. Beyond "sports hate" I don't see how anyone can hate on the guy. He's about as inoffensive and role model worthy as possible for a GOAT candidate.

Reactions: michaeluk26
It took 2 of the top 3 players in NBA, a DPOY, and one of the best two way players to beat LeBron. Congratulations on your hate towards LeBron, @BlueRunner11, I guess?

Which year we talking? 2017?

That Cavs team was hardly void of talent. 3 All Stars on that team with one being in talks for GOAT.

Yeah no secret, not a Lebron fan here. Someone that great, that skilled, that strong, etc that flops all the time like he does is an embarrassment imo. Heck we TORCH UL, Duke and UNC players for much less theatrics than what Lebron does on the regular.

I would find it extremely difficult to root for him if one day he roster jumps to any team Im fond of.

Which year we talking? 2017?

That Cavs team was hardly void of talent. 3 All Stars on that team with one being in talks for GOAT.

Yeah no secret, not a Lebron fan here. Someone that great, that skilled, that strong, etc that flops all the time like he does is an embarrassment imo. Heck we TORCH UL, Duke and UNC players for much less theatrics than what Lebron does on the regular.

I would find it extremely difficult to root for him if one day he roster jumps to any team Im fond of.
Golden State had 4 and are you now saying Love is really good now and is on the level of Durant or DPOY level? Lol.

LeBron has to flop because he is so strong and gets fouled a lot but it goes uncalled unless he flops. Shaq treatment

Golden State had 4 and are you now saying Love is really good now and is on the level of Durant or DPOY level? Lol.

LeBron has to flop because he is so strong and gets fouled a lot but it goes uncalled unless he flops. Shaq treatment

Of course Love is no Durant...but he was an all star so hes not chopped liver.

And ok so one team is better than the other. Is there a problem with that? Isnt that the point of "sports?" Or like everything else it has to be about fairness now and even playing fields? GS shouldnt apologize for anything just like UK shouldnt for being loaded in 2015.

Lebron HAS to flop????? Cmon man, you can do better.

Never a seen one player so protected by the league/officials. No one else in the nba gets way with goaltending on that last block where it clearly hit the backboard first with 3 seconds left. Good shot after that though but still absolute bs how harcore the league protects this guy.
True to all the above.

ADVERTISEMENT