ADVERTISEMENT

Last two plays showed the lack of class Tenn has.

Lol y’all seem to forget you dunking with 2 seconds left at your place

Montgomery dunked with 3 seconds left in Rupp. Please explain the difference
Wow, you may want to read through all the post before posting crap. IlI' type this slow so you can understand. Johnson got a rebound with 44 seconds to go, guess what, that means the shot clock was running. I guess we could have run out the shot clock but all the Tennessee player were trying to foul before we could get it past half court, they found Montgomery all alone under the basket and yes he dunked. There were 32 seconds left. Then we got another rebound with 25 seconds, guess what, we ran out the clock. I would ask if you can see the difference but that would really be challenging you I.Q's.

Reactions: IL Wildcat and Aike
I'm old fashioned in the mindset of if you don't like it, stop it. UK had the damn ball and turned it over, keep it and hold it if you don't want them to score. EJ Montgomery scored late with 17 secs left and could've dribbled it out, but didn't and I had no problem with that. Who really gives a damn? If you did, you had 39 minutes, 52 secs prior to that Schofield dunk attempt (That didn't count) to do something about it.

Also tired of bench kids getting in games and having to sit on the ball. They practice too and as long as you've subbed, let the guys play. If they have a problem with it, tough.

I have seen it all. You kicked our collective asses at your place, we returned the favor at ours. Class ain’t got jack squat to do with it.

Because you’ve never had any and never will.

I'm old fashioned in the mindset of if you don't like it, stop it. UK had the damn ball and turned it over, keep it and hold it if you don't want them to score. EJ Montgomery scored late with 17 secs left and could've dribbled it out, but didn't and I had no problem with that. Who really gives a damn? If you did, you had 39 minutes, 52 secs prior to that Schofield dunk attempt (That didn't count) to do something about it.

Also tired of bench kids getting in games and having to sit on the ball. They practice too and as long as you've subbed, let the guys play. If they have a problem with it, tough.

If it had been a bench kid getting a steal and a runout dunk, it wouldn’t have bothered me. Admiral Schofield doing it was classless. If you want to go old school, we would have knocked his head off if he had tried that back in the day. Times have changed. Once the shot clock is off, starters dribble it out. And we’ve stopped clotheslining each other to make a point.

If it had been a bench kid getting a steal and a runout dunk, it wouldn’t have bothered me. Admiral Schofield doing it was classless. If you want to go old school, we would have knocked his head off if he had tried that back in the day. Times have changed. Once the shot clock is off, starters dribble it out. And we’ve stopped clotheslining each other to make a point.

Understand your take and I'm all for more physical play and players handling things but all Quickley has to do is not turn the ball over. UK was punked once PJ left the game. It was ridiculous and started with Hagans deciding he'd ignore what he's told and walk it up, to Johnson being a no show, and then sloppy play from everyone. Thought Richards played hard and then settled into how teammates were approaching game in 2nd Half.

This is one of those games you look to bench to sub a guy out and have zero options because everyone was not just struggling but was SOFT. Fitting a guy wanted to humiliate them and nobody was going to do a thing about it.

EJ dunked with 32 seconds left with 15 on shot clock. Stop spreading misinformation.

It’s ok for Herro to say Grant is scared of PJ Washington but a last minute 3 and dunk is classless.

Odd take UK fans.

I didn't get to watch the game.......but what's up with all the orange trash on UK's board?

They can’t win the NCAA title so this was their championship game. They’ve never had success before and this is the last big game they’ll win this year so they have to get all the lip service out quickly. They don’t know how to act. Once they get bounced in the sec tourney they’ll come down a little bit. After they lose in the NCAA tournament, they’ll finally realize this was their glory day

Understand your take and I'm all for more physical play and players handling things but all Quickley has to do is not turn the ball over. UK was punked once PJ left the game. It was ridiculous and started with Hagans deciding he'd ignore what he's told and walk it up, to Johnson being a no show, and then sloppy play from everyone. Thought Richards played hard and then settled into how teammates were approaching game in 2nd Half.

This is one of those games you look to bench to sub a guy out and have zero options because everyone was not just struggling but was SOFT. Fitting a guy wanted to humiliate them and nobody was going to do a thing about it.

I agree on your UK evaluation, just saying that if I’m coaching Schofield I shut that down. He was also gator chomping after they won at Florida. For a guy with such a sterling reputation, he sure does pull a lot of punk moves.

For the record, I didn’t like Herro’s comments pre-game either. I’m guessing neither did Cal.

I’m probably just cranky. I drove over tonight and watched my high school team get beat in the Regional Final. They haven’t made state since we went 29 years ago. Bad day of basketball all around.

Reactions: gocatsdotuk
I agree on your UK evaluation, just saying that if I’m coaching Schofield I shut that down. He was also gator chomping after they won at Florida. For a guy with such a sterling reputation, he sure does pull a lot of punk moves.

For the record, I didn’t like Herro’s comments pre-game either. I’m guessing neither did Cal.

I’m probably just cranky. I drove over tonight and watched my high school team get beat in the Regional Final. They haven’t made state since we went 29 years ago. Bad day of basketball all around.

I'd not have done it either, but these guys were likely reminded of Herro saying they were "scared" of Washington, and remember how UK trounced them....so they were fired up.

My issue is thinking this was a good basketball game in general. I think Tennessee is a good team, but they didn't play that much different in 1st Half this game then they did in Lexington. They just were tougher and comfortable then a very soft and poor playing UK Team.. The way both teams played in 1st Half, you will be behind in an NCAA tournament game and Cal's warned his team, but who is someone you can count on for production once PJ is out? Herro usually but he didn't get some looks to fall and then Hagans decided it was more important to score then to run the team. But he did change his shoes because as we all know, that is why you play well/bad. lol

Days will be better, but not sure what to expect from UK come SEC or NCAA Tournaments. I've not felt like this is a Championship team all season and it's large part to games like today. Offensively you can't be this bad this time of the year. Losing wasn't issue, how soft/poorly they played was.

Reactions: ManitouDan
UT is a good team. I expected UK to get beat there especially after UK punked them 2 weeks ago. LSU is the team to beat in the SEC right now.
As for the UT fans, it must be nice to get a break from your sister wife to get to watch the game.....[winking]

I'd not have done it either, but these guys were likely reminded of Herro saying they were "scared" of Washington, and remember how UK trounced them....so they were fired up.

My issue is thinking this was a good basketball game in general. I think Tennessee is a good team, but they didn't play that much different in 1st Half this game then they did in Lexington. They just were tougher and comfortable then a very soft and poor playing UK Team.. The way both teams played in 1st Half, you will be behind in an NCAA tournament game and Cal's warned his team, but who is someone you can count on for production once PJ is out? Herro usually but he didn't get some looks to fall and then Hagans decided it was more important to score then to run the team. But he did change his shoes because as we all know, that is why you play well/bad. lol

Days will be better, but not sure what to expect from UK come SEC or NCAA Tournaments. I've not felt like this is a Championship team all season and it's large part to games like today. Offensively you can't be this bad this time of the year. Losing wasn't issue, how soft/poorly they played was.

We got clicking pretty well before Reid went out, with him doing a lot of dirty work and everyone else being freed up a bit. This team without Reid can’t take a punch.

Even our bad games have come down to the last possession when at full strength. Makes me think that if healthy, we are solidly in the Sweet Sixteen, then it’s a crapshoot depending on matchups.

I was most disappointed in effort things today. PJ with hands down on a Bone late clock three after we cut it to 13. Multiple times we passed up diving for 50/50 balls. Too many of those type of plays to count. If I were Cal, that’s all I would string together for video. You can miss shots and still gut out a win but there’s no cure for getting punked and out hustled.

p_101528432.jpg

Here’s what I know.

Tennessee is nothing. You’re nothing nationally. You’re irrelevant. UT football is the laughing stock of sports and you’ll never be back. Tennessee basketball will be in the cellar soon. Summit built her house upon sand and it’s gone. Not even 2,000 people showed up to the last women’s game.

Tennessee sucks. In everything. Basketball is no different you just had some leftovers.

Next year Tennessee will be unranked in:

Football
Basketball
Women’s basketball
Baseball

And probably most everything else.

Your institution is a joke. No one wants Tennessee, Barnes just saw it as an opportunity to win a little and retain a job because it’s such a dumpster fire, y’all will accept anything.

All of that is the truth.

So enjoy this. Please. Makes no difference to us. We win In everything lol. That game made your decade and that’s what’s sad. We didn’t even have Reid LMAO.

UT is a disgrace, snitches, cheaters, and cowards. And that’s why you are at the bottom and will remain there.

Reactions: AgentOrange86
yea, but if we did that we would have been standing and cheering, Its fine, and they smoked us and deserved to put the icing on the cake. I have no problem with it as long as the clock was running. Now if you call a timeout to setup a 3 or something that's classless.

Here’s what I know.

Tennessee is nothing. You’re nothing nationally. You’re irrelevant. UT football is the laughing stock of sports and you’ll never be back. Tennessee basketball will be in the cellar soon. Summit built her house upon sand and it’s gone. Not even 2,000 people showed up to the last women’s game.

Tennessee sucks. In everything. Basketball is no different you just had some leftovers.

Next year Tennessee will be unranked in:

Football
Basketball
Women’s basketball
Baseball

And probably most everything else.

Your institution is a joke. No one wants Tennessee, Barnes just saw it as an opportunity to win a little and retain a job because it’s such a dumpster fire, y’all will accept anything.

All of that is the truth.

So enjoy this. Please. Makes no difference to us. We win In everything lol. That game made your decade and that’s what’s sad. We didn’t even have Reid LMAO.

UT is a disgrace, snitches, cheaters, rapist, and cowards. And that’s why you are at the bottom and will remain there.

I see nothing wrong with it. Some of you need thicker skin. When we played them at our place we did the same thing. If you don’t want someone dunking on you, play defense.

Reactions: boomerherndon
Did you say the same thing when EJ did it to them a couple of weeks ago?

Lmao the backlash you're receiving is cracking me up. They're so desperate to hate on you that they lie about how much time was left and everything saying :50. Lol

Reminds me of one of our posters @akavff over at VQ. The responses are on par..

You'd think people with so much success rooting for a winner would know how to handle a little payback defeat by another Top 5 team. Kentucky still hasn't figured that out.

People who can’t see the difference in the two situations are intellectually dishonest.

EJ dunked with 32 seconds left, 18 seconds on the shot clock, and UT pressuring. When we got a rebound with 25 seconds left, we ran out the clock. Which is customary with a big lead.

Bone’s shot was fine. You might ask why Bone was still in taking the shot, but whatever. Shot clock was running down and someone had to shoot it.

What Schofield did is recognized as classless by anyone playing the game today.

We could have stopped him. The game wasn’t over yet. We shouldn’t have turned it over. All true. Doesn’t change the fact that it was a classless move and that anyone playing or coaching today recognizes it as such, no matter what they might say publicly.

Reactions: pumpedupcats
I have seen it all. You kicked our collective asses at your place, we returned the favor at ours. Class ain’t got jack squat to do with it.
Says the guy who was MIA the last 2 weeks.....coincidence? hahahaha

Shooting a 3 with time on shot clock. Then steal and a dunk attempt. Game decided. I don't expect anything different from a classless bunch.

Karma is a bitch
How about that overrated cheer at Rupp Arena. That was really classy. I will have to say Cal is a class act. Good coach nice guy

Shooting a 3 with time on shot clock. Then steal and a dunk attempt. Game decided. I don't expect anything different from a classless bunch.

Karma is a bitch

Who cares? Not me. Stop them if you don't want them to score. I think there are better ways to handle it but it doesn't cheap my hiny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT