ADVERTISEMENT

A Modest (Rule) Proposal for the NCAA

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
Since the goaltend rule seems to be such a major success, I propose some other time-saving measures which will aid in speeding up games.

1. All Free throws will be deferred until the end of the game. Just give each fouled team automatic two or three points and switch possessions after every shooting foul. Subtract any free throws missed from their totals at the end of the game.
2. All out of bounds touches will be deferred until the end of the game. Then tally them up and whoever has the fewest touches gets the ball for the last play.
3. Any block/charge will be reviewed, but the review is deferred until the 4:00 mark of each half. If one occurs in that time frame then it will be assumed that it is a charge, because that makes the refs do fun stuff on the court.
4. If a player shoots at a buzzer, whether shot clock or game clock, the call will be reviewed later and points taken away if determined that the shot did not beat the clock, and only if Kentucky shot the ball. Otherwise the call shall not be reviewed if the shooter's opponent is Kentucky.
5. If a player commits a foul, the whistle shall be blown, unless the player committing the foul is an opponent of Kentucky.

Should definitely go back and check with 4 minutes left to see if Kentucky committed any uncalled fouls on offensive possessions. Moving screens, over the back, pushing off.

Deduct all the points Kentucky scored on any possession where the refs missed a foul.

I always wanted hockey like substitutions in basketball. Keep the clock moving and as long as you don't go past half court, you can be subbed out during live play. Just step out by the scorer's table and the replacement can then step in. You just can't ever have more than 5 on the floor at one time. You could probably save 5+ minutes a game by not stopping the clock and subbing on the fly.

I am ok reviewing goal tending. But since play stops, when ref makes call, review it then. You cannot go back 5 minutes later and not only take points away, but also a possession from UK... when they did nothing wrong.

Tie game, 3 seconds to go, Johnny Ref goes to crew chief.. man I think that ball that went out on Team A at the 10 minute mark, really went out on Team B.. lets review..

LOL going back and changing points, and taking away possessions is one of the most unfair things I have ever heard of. Thats gotta get changed.

Reactions: EliteBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT