ADVERTISEMENT

Langford

I am a good poster because I am not always a sunshine pumper...I call it like I see it both good and bad. I am not afraid to call out coaches or players or to compliment coaches or players. This is a discussion board. It is ok to be critical of Cal. He is certainly not perfect. He is incredible at what he does but has made mistakes. Stoops has done some good things but good grief please don't tell me you enjoyed that performance on Saturday. Just discuss and stop attacking me in every post.

To be fair the gap between Stoops and Cal is as wide as Earth and Pluto.

I could care less if my post are liked. I am not here to be liked but to be factual. Some of the snowflake posters on here do not want to here things like Cal has under achieved at UK. I am huge Calipari fan just as I was Joe B. Hall but for the amount of talent they have had they both greatly underachieved. There is no reason we do not have at least 2 more titles. We lost to an inferior WVA team in 2010 and two Uconn teams that should never had beaten us if we had played a zone for 10 min. We were beaten by a Wisconsin team that was good but not in the league with us talent wise. All we had to do was have Ullis and Booker on the floor instead of the twins and throw the ball to Towns. I am not ready to concede the recruiting wars to Duke like many on here have. I think if we can bring some of these men back along with the three committed adding Williamson and possibly Wiseman then we should be preseason number one and poised to win number 9. If we lose several of these guys and don't add Williamson and Wiseman then next year could be lean. The jury is still out on this team but all the national experts are not high on this team. They see what we all see but some are afraid to admit it. We are slow on defense and offensively challenged.
May have lost to those teams but I remember beating some they weren't supposed to as well . Do you know a coach better than Cal who wants the job if not go away please .

Reactions: awf
The why is simple really. There are some who believe he hasnt improved all that much and think he's kind of hit a plateau? Cal is probably in that category.

I thought your OP is a fair and reasonable question and I️ don’t agree with the attack on it.

I also agree that some title chances may have slipped away as they have for K and everyone else. Hindsight as to how a team could have one is not only moot to the actual game it is speculation. We don’t know that a zone would have made a difference or Tyler and Booker being in would have helped.

My biggest complaint is many people that trash thousands team when we don’t play well disappear and don’t even consider giving Cal or the team praise.

Many of us here might be a bit too positive or optimistic but several on here seem to thrive on bringing this team down.
I thought your OP is a fair and reasonable question and I️ don’t agree with the attack on it.

I also agree that some title chances may have slipped away as they have for K and everyone else. Hindsight as to how a team could have one is not only moot to the actual game it is speculation. We don’t know that a zone would have made a difference or Tyler and Booker being in would have helped.

My biggest complaint is many people that trash thousands team when we don’t play well disappear and don’t even consider giving Cal or the team praise.

Many of us here might be a bit too positive or optimistic but several on here seem to thrive on bringing this team down.
Thank you. The young poster who has recently attacking me is one of the reasons so many of the mainstays and those in the know have stopped posting here. He keeps calling me a Vandy fan. I live in Nashville I follow Vandy and UT closely due to the media here. I try to be a knowledgeable fan. I am a bit over reactionary at times. I was and raised In Weeksbury in Floyd county in the heart of coal country. All we had growing up was God, family, and UK basketball. We lived and died with the Cats.....to my dismay, I still do. I have hardly missed a broadcast of a game since 1964 when 4 th grade I finally got my own transistor and could pick up WDOC in Prestonsburg. I was an assist hs coach for two years plus did a lot of high school games on radio in the mountains. I went to many games at Memorial and then Rupp. I always see the Cats when they come to Nashville. I have forgotten more about UK basketball than little stinker will ever know. I will post my feelings. I will ask questions and I don’t need his likes dislikes. I don’t need him or anyone else playing Barney Fife with my post. So I plan on another 15years of posting. I say what I think. No one makes any one on here read a post. I love UK basketball and 99% of our posters and fans.

I think Cal didn't feel comfortable with Langfords father after the criticism he leveled long range at Cal for not playing his injured son. Kid said he was hurt and it was his back. Trainers said don't play him and they were careful with him.

I think Cal didn't feel comfortable with Langfords father after the criticism he leveled long range at Cal for not playing his injured son. Kid said he was hurt and it was his back. Trainers said don't play him and they were careful with him.
Thanks If I would have known I would not have ask. Just like the Shittu situation there is much speculation but Cal has not made it publicly known nor will he. So we can guess

Thank you. The young poster who has recently attacking me is one of the reasons so many of the mainstays and those in the know have stopped posting here. He keeps calling me a Vandy fan. I live in Nashville I follow Vandy and UT closely due to the media here. I try to be a knowledgeable fan. I am a bit over reactionary at times. I was and raised In Weeksbury in Floyd county in the heart of coal country. All we had growing up was God, family, and UK basketball. We lived and died with the Cats.....to my dismay, I still do. I have hardly missed a broadcast of a game since 1964 when 4 th grade I finally got my own transistor and could pick up WDOC in Prestonsburg. I was an assist hs coach for two years plus did a lot of high school games on radio in the mountains. I went to many games at Memorial and then Rupp. I always see the Cats when they come to Nashville. I have forgotten more about UK basketball than little stinker will ever know. I will post my feelings. I will ask questions and I don’t need his likes dislikes. I don’t need him or anyone else playing Barney Fife with my post. So I plan on another 15years of posting. I say what I think. No one makes any one on here read a post. I love UK basketball and 99% of our posters and fans.

I was just messing with ya ;) no harm intended

Keldon Johnson is what happened to Langford. I would say Cal liked his chances to secure a commitment with Johnson better. Johnson exploded on the summer circuit and exhibited some dawg in his game. Cal wants guys who want to be challenged and pushed.
After their coach-player interaction on the U-19 team, I believe Cal and Langford knew it was in their best interest to move on.

Reactions: Cindog28
Keldon Johnson is what happened to Langford. I would say Cal liked his chances to secure a commitment with Johnson better. Johnson exploded on the summer circuit and exhibited some dawg in his game. Cal wants guys who want to be challenged and pushed.
After their coach-player interaction on the U-19 team, I believe Cal and Langford knew it was in their best interest to move on.
I am beginning to think the U-19 deal was not in our best interest

Cal stopped recruiting Langford over the summer briefly after coaching him on the u19 team. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I
I thought you already slammed Calipari for coaching the USA Team and not recruiting???

Asking for a friend. [laughing]
have never “slammed”. I have questioned some of his decisions for years. Such as getting a Technical in the game against Cats in 96 Such as not fouling in the Memphis -Kansas Title game. I questioned hiring Milt Wagner to get his son at Memphis. There is a difference between questioning and slamming. The mindset of the millennials and snowflakes is ruining this nation.

[eyeroll] No one is afraid of you. Glad you banned yourself for the 99th time since I've been posting here. Can't wait to celebrate #100.
Well have never been banned because only speak the truth. The mods on here have trusted me for years. I am close friends with both the founder of Rivals and 24-7.

This was posted about Langford a little while back. I happened to believe it.

IMG_0896.png

I

have never “slammed”. I have questioned some of his decisions for years. Such as getting a Technical in the game against Cats in 96 Such as not fouling in the Memphis -Kansas Title game. I questioned hiring Milt Wagner to get his son at Memphis. There is a difference between questioning and slamming. The mindset of the millennials and snowflakes is ruining this nation.
I'm 41 years old and you're a backpedaling jerk. Glad you admitted to hating Calipari for the last 21 years. No need to respond to you any longer. Not worth it.

I'm 41 years old and you're a backpedaling jerk. Glad you admitted to hating Calipari for the last 21 years. No need to respond to you any longer. Not worth it.
So if I question a coach it is hating..everyone on this board accused Cal of cheating while at Memphis and then we have all been hypocrites and acted like we didn’t. Whether he cheated or not all I know is that the NCAA has never cited him for it and I am thankful for that. ,,please grow up and yes please put me on ignore so I won’t have to deal with nonsense. Thank you.

Reactions: westerncat
So if I question a coach it is hating..everyone on this board accused Cal of cheating while at Memphis and then we have all been hypocrites and acted like we didn’t. Whether he cheated or not all I know is that the NCAA has never cited him for it and I am thankful for that. ,,please grow up and yes please put me on ignore so I won’t have to deal with nonsense. Thank you.

Now now, if we put you on ignore we wouldn’t have anything to laugh at.

Listen , With all due respect what you did/ do ... is much different than “questioning” a coach. Of course it’s ok to “question” your coach/ team. Or give Critiques etc ...Big difference than just being a hater.

I am perfectly happy with our three incoming guards. I think Herro is going to be a star and he is flying a bit under the radar. Lets just keep Green, Alexander, Gabriel, SKJ,, and PJ Washington and add Williamson and Brown or Wiseman.. For once I want all the pieces of the puzzle and not have a missing piece here and there.

TNCatfan I'm not sure about Wiseman as of now he must go back to his last school our have to sit out of competition this year. Due to his age would have two put inn two years work this year to fall into the 2018 pool of players. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he be like 17 or less and have to play here 2 years to be eligible to get into the NBA draft? I admit I mess up now and then but that's my thoughts on him.

Well have never been banned because only speak the truth. The mods on here have trusted me for years. I am close friends with both the founder of Rivals and 24-7.

Dammit man! Now I am impressed.....both of them?????

8.4% (lol) of your posts have been liked. Which basically means you’re quite awful at posting.
Compared to Cardstink with more likes than posts ...

If we’re gonna talk about “posters being tired” of someone...

Do you even arithmetic bro?

I think the poster is often overly cynical or even a negative Nancy at times but the "likes" just aren't a fair measuring stick, he pre-exists "likes" by years.
They very probably had thousands of posts and maybe even the bulk of their's before there was any such thing.

You're essentially asserting the if one is a long term and active poster they suck by default.

Sometimes you conflate your opinion with facts or state facts then add your speculations about why some events occured and just run with it all being purely factual when there is actually some heavy editorializing going on. Not always but it happens a fair bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT