ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie wants the NBA logo changed to the Kobe logo

Shouldn’t be changed, but if it is, it should be a logo with a basketball and the letters nba. I’m sure Kyrie would find a way to say that’s offensive though.

Well, if they really want to represent the NBA it should be a bunch of $$$ bowing down to China and spitting on the American flag. As for Kobie, I'm sorry for his tragic loss but it doesn't change history. Which image do they use, the one prior to the rape, I mean the "non-consensual adulterous encounter with a 19-year old hotel employee, or the one after?

YES, YES and a thousand times more...YES.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels the very same way about the NBA.

A logo is a marketing tool. They change all of the time even really famous ones. I don’t know why a logo changes is so crazy to some.

If you are going to change it then you probably go with something that your customers identify with. I am in my 40s and when I think nba I don’t think Jerry west. I know he is the logo but as a player he doesn’t resonate because I didn’t see him play. I tend to think of Jordan first thing. Younger fans probably go with Curry or someone newer. Odds are whoever resonates with the fans the most will likely be black. I don’t think that is racist or “justice” it is just because most iconic players that leap to mind will be black and that will make the logo effective.

I think all of that is logical. It is not “woke” because it is common sense.

A logo is a marketing tool. They change all of the time even really famous ones. I don’t know why a logo changes is so crazy to some.

If you are going to change it then you probably go with something that your customers identify with. I am in my 40s and when I think nba I don’t think Jerry west. I know he is the logo but as a player he doesn’t resonate because I didn’t see him play. I tend to think of Jordan first thing. Younger fans probably go with Curry or someone newer. Odds are whoever resonates with the fans the most will likely be black. I don’t think that is racist or “justice” it is just because most iconic players that leap to mind will be black and that will make the logo effective.

I think all of that is logical. It is not “woke” because it is common sense.
Well, you’re right. And I think truthfully a lot of the marketing moves that have drawn controversy from culture warriors are actually just actions in best interest of corporations. It’s all about money.

So what if Magic, or Bird , or Kareem or Shaq die tomorrow? ( God forbid of course). They have as much right to be it than Kobe, probably more.

Who’s yelling? So you’re on the side for the flat earther wanting to change to logo because “BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE”? Also, I’m not yelling, that’s how Kyrie put it.
You fish bro? That’s tight. I don’t usually fight on the internet about people who I don’t care about and their opinions, but that’s just me!

Truthfully I don't care about this at all because the NBA is never going to win me back. I think any reasonable person could see the NBA had a window where they could have done this and switch to MJ and every American would understand completely.

Now, it's motivated based purely on race, which will make it divisive. Its also disgusting to try and do that by using Kobe's passing as a shield to criticism.

All of that notwithstanding, if it's a move you make, race politics aside you STILL make the logo MJ, not Kobe.

As usual, Kyrie is a dook dipshit trying to stir the pot. A wise league might make their logo out of inanimate objects or a cartoon characicature....

Don't agree with how he had to bring up the "black kings" point, but I agree with the logo part, the logo is outdated and I think Kobe would be a great choice for the new one.

images
Most appropriate one i’ve seen. 😂 🏀

Don't agree with how he had to bring up the "black kings" point, but I agree with the logo part, the logo is outdated and I think Kobe would be a great choice for the new one.
Why in the world would you want a rapist like Bryant to represent your league ? oh I forgot this dukie drop out still thinks the world is flat. He has a high intelligence level. Wonder if duke is where Irving learned that the earth is flat ?

Why in the world would you want a rapist like Bryant to represent your league ? oh I forgot this dukie drop out still thinks the world is flat. He has a high intelligence level. Wonder if duke is where Irving learned that the earth is flat ?
So what does Kryie Irving being from Duke and thinking the Earth is flat have to do with my opinion that the NBA logo is outdated and Kobe would be a good choice for it? If you want to discuss the NBA logo and possible replacements with me, feel free to respond.

Well, if they really want to represent the NBA it should be a bunch of $$$ bowing down to China and spitting on the American flag. As for Kobie, I'm sorry for his tragic loss but it doesn't change history. Which image do they use, the one prior to the rape, I mean the "non-consensual adulterous encounter with a 19-year old hotel employee, or the one after?
I hate it that Kobe and the others were killed but nobody ever brings the hotel situation up anymore. MJ would be the much better choice over Kobe but I hope they keep the West logo.

The thing is i agree with what he says after. Yea black athletes helped the game evolve to how its played nowadays, but they didnt “build” anything

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Personally, I think they should use a Wildcat for the logo. But, this is just another example of an action\suggestion\demand that's divisive, not inclusionary. There is no real reason or impetus to make a change. This is creating an issue where there isn't one.

What the NBA logo is ranks at about the bottom of my cares in the world. Have at changing it. If years ago they hadn't told me it was Jerry West, I wouldn't know that. I rarely watch the NBA anymore anyway and do not care who's used for the logo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT