ADVERTISEMENT

KSR Bahamas Story

ZaytovenCat

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2013
Paris, TN
I looked and didn't see it posted, apologies if it has been.

So Matt finally told the famous Bahamas story tonight on his podcast along with 15+ other behind the scenes stories (it's worth the listen).

The story is basically the coaches and the team was walking from the beach back to the private pool area and when they got there they saw a few girls in the center of the pool on a platform naked and doing the dirty dirty. He said they all froze and after a few seconds Cal and the coaches realized they had to get out of there so they bolted and so did a few players. A couple other players stood there watching and Tod Lanter jumped into the pool and swam towards the girls. :joy:

Remember the pictures of the ice bucket challenge the team did on the beach after one of their games? This happened minutes after that.

Personally I don't see why he couldn't or wouldn't tell this story until all the players on that team were gone. I doubt other media would have asked them about it but even if they did the player could have just said "no comment."

It was a good story and all but him building it up was just stupid. In fact, I don't know if it was even the best story they told on the podcast.

I already said in another post that all it was was some people making love by the pool and the team walked down and saw it. But yeah that was more detailed than my post. And Lanter is the man

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
So is there a Paul Harvey "the rest of the story" about what happened with Lanter & the naked girls?

So is there a Paul Harvey "the rest of the story" about what happened with Lanter & the naked girls?
If there was he didn't tell it. After he said that Tod swam out to them he didn't mention him again.

And I always thought it was a player that DeMoss got it on with but they said a boosters wife. The booster went to the Athletic Dept and threatened to tell the world what was going on if they didn't do something about her and that's why she was pushed out.

He told the Ryan Harrow saga as well. He quit the team and was later kicked off the team and was asked to come back both times. Lol Harrow was trashing Cal to the whole locker room after the Arkansas game and Barnhart came in and confronted Harrow and then they got into it. That's when he was kicked off. Even after all that he was asked to come back. We also know his "mystery illness" that kept him out for weeks at the start of the season was BS. If there was ever any doubt about who Cal was talking about when he made the comment about not being held hostage again, there's none now.

I thought there were better stories on the KSR podcast than that one.

I'm too pure to listen to KSR. So I read threads like this with one eye closed...

Reactions: mattrudd
If there was he didn't tell it. After he said that Tod swam out to them he didn't mention him again.

And I always thought it was a player that DeMoss got it on with but they said a boosters wife. The booster went to the Athletic Dept and threatened to tell the world what was going on if they didn't do something about her and that's why she was pushed out.

He told the Ryan Harrow saga as well. He quit the team and was later kicked off the team and was asked to come back both times. Lol Harrow was trashing Cal to the whole locker room after the Arkansas game and Barnhart came in and confronted Harrow and then they got into it. That's when he was kicked off. Even after all that he was asked to come back. We also know his "mystery illness" that kept him out for weeks at the start of the season was BS. If there was ever any doubt about who Cal was talking about when he made the comment about not being held hostage again, there's none now.
If that's true about Harrow, he's a POS talk about the coach won a title the year before. F harrrow and his ass play

Pfff. Just another Tuesday....
If you're talking about Minardi Hall.

I see why he didn't tell the story until all the players were gone. It could of turned into a distraction. I get why this was on a Podcast and not on KSR. I'm guessing the Radio Brass didn't want that on the air even though the Katina Powell interview aired but you don't want KSR to get that type of reputation. It was a funny story but there were better ones. Drew's Bahamas story about Town's "air" shots were better.

ADVERTISEMENT