ADVERTISEMENT

Knox to UK

This was an amazing recruiting accomplishment. If we land Bamba that will be the final missing piece. But, if not, I still see a major weakness in the middle.

A mild weakness that can be overcompensated for with multiple wing options that will give opponents hell in matchup situations that will constantly favor Kentucky. That said, I think UK lands Bamba. Hopefully Diallo jumps back in the pool with these guys...

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
What possible reason could make bamba wait any longer to make his decision?

Knox isn't a 2. Can lt guard it or play it on O vs a sg. He's more of a transitioning 4 ala PJ. He will play some 3 and stretch 4
I tend to agree, but I'd bet that Cal is going to try lineups with all 3 of Knox, Vanderbilt, and Washington, alongside a point and a big. Offensively, Knox will take the shot-hunting Monk or Murray role, while Vanderbilt will take the Briscoe role. Defensively, Knox might not be able to hang with 2 guards, but I think Vanderbilt can.

Those 3 guys are probably the 3 most talented on UK's roster unless Diallo returns (and/or Bamba comes). They're going to play together, and unless Cal goes really small, which I doubt (but is possible, because Washington has some bulk), one of them is going to have to be a de facto 2.

I tend to agree, but I'd bet that Cal is going to try lineups with all 3 of Knox, Vanderbilt, and Washington, alongside a point and a big. Offensively, Knox will take the shot-hunting Monk or Murray role, while Vanderbilt will take the Briscoe role. Defensively, Knox might not be able to hang with 2 guards, but I think Vanderbilt can.

Those 3 guys are probably the 3 most talented on UK's roster unless Diallo returns (and/or Bamba comes). They're going to play together, and unless Cal goes really small, which I doubt (but is possible, because Washington has some bulk), one of them is going to have to be a de facto 2.

diallo returns and we land bamba, i'd like to see vanderbilt, diallo, knox, skj, and bamba for some stretches of time.. let vanderbilt play some point, natural play maker. super long and athletic.

How many players do you think UK needs? Lmao. 100% already a contender.
The front court has talent that can rival the 14-15 team no problem. Back court needs Johnson or Diallo though. Overall talent is there but I'm a little concerned about the backcourt depth and leadership. UK is legit though.

My god UNC fans are butt hurt so bad right now!!!! They've broke out in their usual "just another kid who won't see the classroom" and "Cal and WWW strike again". I freaking love it!!!! Everyone say hey to UNCcheatinky, y'all all know he's over here lurking!!![roll]
I will prolly get banned but I quoted the one about another kid who wont see the classroom. I said RMK was lyoing about that and anyway how irionic

Reactions: Scotty00
I still kinda think Bam was a bigger surprise....yes the day before it leaked it was UK but the months before hand everybody in the recruiting industry and on the board swore it was NC State and we were majorly wasting our time. But regardless it's freaking awesome we went from no elite SF's since 2012 to 3 in one class: Washington, Vanderbilt, Knox.
I hope Cal keeps wasting his time on these recruits

I think this year is going to be a real turning point in the Duke/UK recruiting wars. Duke seriously shat the bed with their "monster" recruiting class this year.

Lottery pick Giles slips to late first round. Lottery pick Bolden falls out of the draft and has to be begged not to transfer. 2016 guaranteed first rounder Allen is talked into coming back, tanks his draft stock, and has to come back for senior year. OAD caliber talent Jackson is under-utilized all year, then gets recruited over with Duval, and declares for draft even though he's not projected in first round. Just a disastrous year.

Get ready for more of the same in 2018 and 2019. Cal is back on top again.

Unbelievable!! Doing otherwise stuff all day and forgot.....Knox wasn't coming to UK...

Swaggy CAL is just a beast. This is amazing!! Looks like we may be OK next year, Lol

No one saw this coming. That's hard to do these day's

Reactions: wildcatwelder
As strange as it sounds I've felt more confident about Knox than Bamba this whole time. For one I thought Cal might be able to convince him he could play the 2 and that Diallo was gone. I'm still not sure about Bamba. Although I personally thought with our personnel next year Knox was the bigger get.

Not sure if someone already posted a vid in this thread, but here is a reminder of what Knox brings to the table athletically. I'm not sure we've had a scorer at the 3 like him since Mercer. Tayshaun and MKG were more defensive-minded forwards and made their livings in the NBA based on defense. Knox will make his living as a scoring wing.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see something in the next week about Bamba being ready to announce. This may help tip the scales to UK.

I think this year is going to be a real turning point in the Duke/UK recruiting wars. Duke seriously shat the bed with their "monster" recruiting class this year.

Lottery pick Giles slips to late first round. Lottery pick Bolden falls out of the draft and has to be begged not to transfer. 2016 guaranteed first rounder Allen is talked into coming back, tanks his draft stock, and has to come back for senior year. OAD caliber talent Jackson is under-utilized all year, then gets recruited over with Duval, and declares for draft even though he's not projected in first round. Just a disastrous year.

Get ready for more of the same in 2018 and 2019. Cal is back on top again.

If UK lands Bamba, that will be four legit players Cal beat Duke out for this year: Knox, Green, Diallo, Bamba.

I anticipate Cal beating Duke out for Williamson and Reddish in the next cycle. Coach K will be 72 years old by the time Reddish's class play in the 2019 NCAA Tournament. That's not a good thing for young players looking for a coach who will push them to their greatest possible potential in one year. You don't go to Grandpa K for intense military training. You go to Grandpa K for war stories from 60 years ago. Two entirely different things, and Duke nation is getting a whiff of what it actually looks like.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when K and Capel heard this.Knox was too smart to fall for their set for life BS and they can suck it.:joy:[banana]

Indeed. "Set for life" actually means playing with your friends (Green, Bamba, Vanderbilt, etc.), for a coach you trust (Cal), in a program that will put your dreams ahead of anything or anyone else.

Knox realized that joining the Big Blue Brotherhood is the definition of being set for life. Duke has a facsimile, and no doubt envies having the level of an NBA fraternal order that Cal has created while at UK.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
My god UNC fans are butt hurt so bad right now!!!! They've broke out in their usual "just another kid who won't see the classroom" and "Cal and WWW strike again". I freaking love it!!!! Everyone say hey to UNCcheatinky, y'all all know he's over here lurking!!![roll]
has WWW even been seen around UK the last few years?

OMG I love it though that they're so upset

I have to admit, I never even thought UK had a shot at Knox, so I never even looked into him or watched any of his videos.
How good is this guy? I mean, I know he's a stud, but what does he do for this team next year?
Is he the type of player that takes us from top 15 to top 5 without Bamba? Diallo?
I'm out on a camping trip and had a couple people text me the news, I'm stoked. Cal pulled this one out of nowhere.
I was worried about next year, but if we get HD back (I believe we will) and we land Bamba, I'm of the belief that we would be seeing Cal's best recruiting job and one hell of a talented and young team, but a team that will be rocking come March.
But what does this mean for Johnson? Does this take us out of the running for him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT