ADVERTISEMENT

Knox to UK

th

Cal continues to deliver. You can't get them all but Cal certainly gets way more than his fair share. Thanks Coach.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Wow just seen this on my 247 sports alert , getting ready for work, it's gonna be a good night, welcome to the BBN Mr. Knox, come on down Bamba, GBB

the absolutely zero buzz for UK the last 2 months.... Come on.. Cal had to do this on purpose for the whole Bolden fiasco.... plus trying to do the same thing with Trent and Carter in the fall.........

Damn Cal is amazing. in the 20 years of following recruiting.... I dont remember ever having a team thinking they've got a kid locked in..... and the team with 0 buzz ended up getting him.

Wow what a surprise. I thought like a lot of others that we had no chance with Knox. Great day for UK fans.

I have to admit, I never even thought UK had a shot at Knox, so I never even looked into him or watched any of his videos.
How good is this guy? I mean, I know he's a stud, but what does he do for this team next year?
Is he the type of player that takes us from top 15 to top 5 without Bamba? Diallo?
I'm out on a camping trip and had a couple people text me the news, I'm stoked. Cal pulled this one out of nowhere.
I was worried about next year, but if we get HD back (I believe we will) and we land Bamba, I'm of the belief that we would be seeing Cal's best recruiting job and one hell of a talented and young team, but a team that will be rocking come March.
But what does this mean for Johnson? Does this take us out of the running for him?
Most gifted scorer that UK has signed in this year's class, and I'll probably stick with that even if Diallo ends up staying. Huge potential, though I don't see him as an instant star ala Monk and Fox.

As for Johnson, I don't see any way. But I'll never say never, especially after today.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and UKEE
I'm sooooooooooo glad that I didn't get banned but would have accepted it had I been wrong (chose the wrong twitter account to follow or was trolled!) :)

Thank you for the info UKEE and so many of the BBN family would agree, just so you know, I had no harm intended.

Reactions: UKEE
I hate to be "that" guy, but I distinctly remember @morgousky posting about how Calipari wasn't getting the big-time recruits as easy as he used to and that Duke was the new recruiting king.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen him post about Knox yet tonight. I know he's a UK fan and not a troll and I read that in one post he said he recently had a baby, so maybe that has been what has taken so long for him to chime in, but I just thought it was nuts he was claiming Duke was out-recruiting Coach Cal.

Thank you for the info UKEE and so many of the BBN family would agree, just so you know, I had no harm intended.

No worries. I actually laughed when I saw it and then started wondering if I had found the right twittter account (via Google). When the Check4change Firefox addon (set for a 10 second page check on the twitter account page) alerted a change in Knox's twitter page, I almost fell off my chair when I saw the UK uniform.

Oh, and I had that post ready to go for several hours, just didn't have the school name filled in (that's why the OP was blank and the title was filled in, lol! :D )

Reactions: true blue1
Holy Cow!! Or should I say "Holy Cal!!" We just got home from a wedding reception and I am absolutely 100% stunned! Like many others on here, I did not even think about his announcement today because of all the predictions that he would be going to UNC or dUKe. Welcome aboard Kevin! I look forward to seeing you play for the Cats!! GO CATS!!

Just logged on to see where Knox went. Based on what had been posted here since the MacDonald's game, I just assumed UK was not really in the picture and was happy that we might get Cam Johnson for 2 years. I do remember one poster suggesting that because Johnson didn't commit on his visit, that Cal was still holding out for Knox and though practically no one was buying that, apparently it was correct.

Still need Bamba, and in my mind shooting is a potential issue for what will be an extremely young team. With Bamba though defense might be able to carry the Cats a long way. Welcome aboard Kevin Knox. Hope you're good to your tweet and get to work right away.

While it still a huge task to replace so many players and roll out a roster with so many freshmen...

OH. MY. GOD. Cal is insane. Knox is a giant middle finger to the rest of college basketball. Bamba would be rubbing their faces in it. Absolutely amazing.

Guys who tweet info don't differentiate between actual information coming from a kid's camp, and pseudo-information that comes from nowhere other than the mind of other guys who tweet where recruits are "probably going". Everything about Kevin Knox was decided by an echo chamber online, and he was definitely not going to UK based on a few peoples' opinions that weren't based on anything other than what might be called common sense in the nicest possible terms, but is actually just "stuff made up out of nowhere."

If professional crystal ball guys were a little more transparent in general it would be a lot easier to tell when a player is truly up in the air no matter what anyone online says, the way Kevin was. Instead they treat these situations the exact same as a kid tipping off where he's probably going. It's ridiculous.

I hate to be "that" guy, but I distinctly remember @morgousky posting about how Calipari wasn't getting the big-time recruits as easy as he used to and that Duke was the new recruiting king.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen him post about Knox yet tonight. I know he's a UK fan and not a troll and I read that in one post he said he recently had a baby, so maybe that has been what has taken so long for him to chime in, but I just thought it was nuts he was claiming Duke was out-recruiting Coach Cal.

I didn't see the news until around 6 tonight. The funny part is I was told about it by a Duke fan (friend of mine) while we were on the phone together. I haven't been on much lately due to the baby so, no, it's got nothing to do with anything else.

my post about our recruiting taking a "slight dip" was accurate. Cal has lost way more recruits in his last 4 years than his first 4. I mean, it's not a stretch to think that. The class with Zimmerman we got hammered for example.

My main point behind saying what I did was really about top 5 kids. I feel because our teams are so young we have to have one of two things happen. Either A - we need to land two top 5 studs in each class (like '12 for example) or B - we need a 10-20 guy be severely underrated. I felt Cal has had trouble landing multiple top 5 guys of late, whereas early on he was hitting that clip moreso than now.

So no, I don't think I was wrong just because Knox committed, but I will say this - if Cal had lost some mojo, it's creeping back up. I don't believe I said K had overtaken his recruiting belt, just that K had as good of a chance as Cal at landing them now, and arguably had been landing them a bit easier of late.

Duke has hit a small wall becasue of Allen and their issues last season / lies from coach K catching up. Everyone has been wondering how Duke is still landing OAD's after their issues, and I think this shows K is losing some mojo from the '15 title. If we get Bamba and Duval goes elsewhere that would pretty much verify it.

Hope this helps. If not throw it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT